AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend mine is a dispatcher in South Dakota. After discussing at length tyesterdat the situation and the timeline about Jayme, I asked her for her educated guess as to what might have happened.

I was told:
"Sounds like Jayme at some point was at the wrong place at the wrong time... And heard something she wasn't supposed to or intercepted info she wasn't supposed have. This young lady sounds like an innocent young girl. The likelihood of her meeting a man online---probability is doubtful. However, if she had heard something that she was not supposed to. Let's say for example a (sex trafficking ring). Her life would very much be in jeopardy and a target. It is plausible the parents were killed immediately--because perpetrators would have no positive proof she hadn't told them anything.
The length of time in the house lends to the assumption they were looking for something.
And it is substantially likely the perpetrators heard the voice of the dispatch on the 911 requesting what was their emergency. In all probability the perpetrators weren't expecting anyone to get the chance to call 911 and when they did they knew they only had seconds to get out of the house.
If Jayme had overheard or saw something on paper she was not supposed to...and it was sex trafficking Not only would they want the information she had but they would take her also and add her to the trafficking.
They would have been watching the house, they would have waited for the father to come home.
Also if the perpetrators were demanding something from her that they thought she had, they would eventually extract this information from her, and in the dark of the night go back to the crime scene to locate it. This could be the reason why there is a pole cam on the property.
Add to this"if" she had the chance to run out a door or jump out a window, the perpatrtors would have auxillery perps outside the premises on guard. And if she did make it out of the house LE K-9's would have been brought in and would have found her sent leaving the house.
Also don't underestime LE keeping close to the vest critical details."
----------------
After she said all of this, I left our conversation numb...........
Idle thought musing - You substitute "accidental knowledge of drug dealing" for sex trafficking and you might have something here..... This is one strange case.

Paul Blume‏Verified account @PaulBlume_FOX9
Paul Blume Retweeted Tony Caswell

Searched him up & down. Checked w/ family & friends. Doesn't own a vehicle. Just a bike. Has history of breaking & entering to steal girls clothing. Was arrested previously in a teenager's dress. Investigators seem to believe Kyle Jaenke is man w/ an issue who saw an easy target
11:12 AM - 30 Oct 2018

Ok so what could she have had that someone wanted? A cell phone video or photo? An audio recording? I think sex trafficking may be going a bit far but we could jump off that idea: maybe a friend confided sexual assault or ongoing abuse to her? Or someone thought someone did so? Perhaps they were afraid or who she would “rat” to? And the consequence for themselves? That may make sense as a 13yr old kid definitely hears that sort of stuff from friends etc. Maybe they thought she put it in a diary? Maybe the perp was a teacher then and not some raged druggies? Or maybe a friend’s family member or fam friend? Someone may not even realize that something they may* have confided in Jayme or that she discovered may be what put her in harms way. It’s possible for sure.

Going back to the dogs: were k9 dogs used immediately at the scene? If not, why not?
Dog/Dogs were used the next day.

EXCLUSIVE: Barron County Sheriff on Jayme Closs case: 'The hope is out there'
The days in the Jayme Closs investigation has turned into weeks. In an exclusive interview, Fox 9's Paul Blume asked Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald where the case currently stands.

He wasn’t there stealing shoes and backpacks and jeans,” said Fitzgerald. “He was stealing specific items that interested him. Not to outfit Jayme wherever she is.”

As cleaning crews descended on the Closs family home Tuesday, the question now remains - where does this search for Jayme go next?

The sheriff reports tips have now topped 2,000, but are slowing. Among the tips still under investigation include those regarding the two vehicles of interest.

"In fact, people that have owned red Dodge Challengers have called to say, ‘I own one. Come and interview me, so I can be cleared,'" he said. "We have license plate numbers on a list, so they’re not interviewed twice."

Can't imagine living through that. Awful. Her problems with drugs, etc.. years later just a direct result of that horrific man

Yes she used drugs trying to push her pain away.

I am surprised Shasta is even sane after what she endured and what she saw her brother go through each and every day.

I cant even image how it felt to see her 11 year old brother endure so much sadistic cruelty.

He not only murdered Dylan he made Shasta help him pull Dylan's body through the burn pit where he burned his body up right in front of her.

Its awful ...awful awful and little Shasta was so strong when it was all happening to both of them.

I pray that Jayme hasn't been taken by someone like Duncan.

Imo

I need to go back and find it, but I thought the Sheriff indicated nothing of value was taken from the house?
(only Jayme)
You guys are right, though, we don't know much about how the scene looked.

Yeah. See if you can find that, I’ll look as well. That would be quite telling, and would validate what I’ve already believed.

This wasn’t a robbery.

I am still searching. I think it was in answer to a reporter question during a presser and early in the case but not sure. I may be mistaken.
Tagging @PommyMommy and @rainynights do either of you recall the sheriff answering a question about if any items were missing from the home?

I am re-watching all the old pressers I can find to try to find it.

The days in the Jayme Closs investigation has turned into weeks. In an exclusive interview, Fox 9's Paul Blume asked Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald where the case currently stands.

He wasn’t there stealing shoes and backpacks and jeans,” said Fitzgerald. “He was stealing specific items that interested him. Not to outfit Jayme wherever she is.”

As cleaning crews descended on the Closs family home Tuesday, the question now remains - where does this search for Jayme go next?

The sheriff reports tips have now topped 2,000, but are slowing. Among the tips still under investigation include those regarding the two vehicles of interest.

"In fact, people that have owned red Dodge Challengers have called to say, ‘I own one. Come and interview me, so I can be cleared,'" he said. "We have license plate numbers on a list, so they’re not interviewed twice."
That’s great that people are coming forward to identify themselves as being owners of those types of vehicles. It certainly saves the police some time in tracking them down.

I’m encouraged with what they are doing, but discouraged at the lack of progress.

They are obviously working hard though.

I am still searching. I think it was in answer to a reporter question during a presser and early in the case but not sure. I may be mistaken.
Tagging @PommyMommy and @rainynights do either of you recall the sheriff answering a question about if any items were missing from the home?

I am re-watching all the old pressers I can find to try to find it.
If my memory is correct, he was asked in the first or second PC, and refused to answer " because of the ongoing investigation."

If my memory is correct, he was asked in the first or second PC, and refused to answer " because of the ongoing investigation."

Thanks. That may be what I am recalling and maybe my mind recalled it as a "no" answer. I am still trying to find it so I can see the exact question and reply.

Thanks for posting this. Alarming that if there's no progress by the end of the week then the 24/7 investigating team will be scaled down. Not good.

That is one case that will forever haunt me.
Duncan was the true meaning of pure diabolical evil.

No horror show ever made could even come close to what Dylan and Shasta endured at the hands of a mass murdering sadist pedophile.

To this very day I see Dylan's little smiling face before he crossed path with the monster who took his life in such a brutal way after torturing and raping him and his little sister for weeks.

It is one of the worst or maybe the very worst case I ever followed and to know Duncan videoed it all still gives me nightmares at times even years later.

Jmo
I will never forget Geraldo Revero carrying on with Shasta’s father, calling him brother and saying they would together for a celebratory beer that Shasta was found. I felt ill. I knew it would never be over for that family, particularly Shasta. Ever since, anytime I see him, which is rare, cause I sure don’t watch his channel. I turn him off.

Ok so what could she have had that someone wanted? A cell phone video or photo? An audio recording? I think sex trafficking may be going a bit far but we could jump off that idea: maybe a friend confided sexual assault or ongoing abuse to her? Or someone thought someone did so? Perhaps they were afraid or who she would “rat” to? And the consequence for themselves? That may make sense as a 13yr old kid definitely hears that sort of stuff from friends etc. Maybe they thought she put it in a diary? Maybe the perp was a teacher then and not some raged druggies? Or maybe a friend’s family member or fam friend? Someone may not even realize that something they may* have confided in Jayme or that she discovered may be what put her in harms way. It’s possible for sure.

Going back to the dogs: were k9 dogs used immediately at the scene? If not, why not?

@photographer4 , now I seriously need your help plotting the mystery novel I'm working on. IS THERE A THREAD ON WEBSLEUTHS FOR THAT? :)

You are reminding me of me lol. Too many statistic classes and years of dealing with crime leaves me unable to answer a simple poll or survey where there are so many variables. Second guessing oneself is a sign of critical thinking and so important when dealing with crime! Kudos!

A friend mine is a dispatcher in South Dakota. After discussing at length tyesterdat the situation and the timeline about Jayme, I asked her for her educated guess as to what might have happened.

I was told:
"Sounds like Jayme at some point was at the wrong place at the wrong time... And heard something she wasn't supposed to or intercepted info she wasn't supposed have. This young lady sounds like an innocent young girl. The likelihood of her meeting a man online---probability is doubtful. However, if she had heard something that she was not supposed to. Let's say for example a (sex trafficking ring). Her life would very much be in jeopardy and a target. It is plausible the parents were killed immediately--because perpetrators would have no positive proof she hadn't told them anything.
The length of time in the house lends to the assumption they were looking for something.
And it is substantially likely the perpetrators heard the voice of the dispatch on the 911 requesting what was their emergency. In all probability the perpetrators weren't expecting anyone to get the chance to call 911 and when they did they knew they only had seconds to get out of the house.
If Jayme had overheard or saw something on paper she was not supposed to...and it was sex trafficking Not only would they want the information she had but they would take her also and add her to the trafficking.
They would have been watching the house, they would have waited for the father to come home.
Also if the perpetrators were demanding something from her that they thought she had, they would eventually extract this information from her, and in the dark of the night go back to the crime scene to locate it. This could be the reason why there is a pole cam on the property.
Add to this"if" she had the chance to run out a door or jump out a window, the perpatrtors would have auxillery perps outside the premises on guard. And if she did make it out of the house LE K-9's would have been brought in and would have found her sent leaving the house.
Also don't underestime LE keeping close to the vest critical details."
----------------
After she said all of this, I left our conversation numb...........

Is it possible a friend told Jayme she was being abused and Jayme told her parents?
Someone/some people don’t want their dirty laundry aired in a small town, so they killed JC and DC and have Jayme. Somewhere. Within 50 miles of Barron so their lives still look normal...

JMO

That is one case that will forever haunt me.
Duncan was the true meaning of pure diabolical evil.

No horror show ever made could even come close to what Dylan and Shasta endured at the hands of a mass murdering sadist pedophile.

To this very day I see Dylan's little smiling face before he crossed path with the monster who took his life in such a brutal way after torturing and raping him and his little sister for weeks.

It is one of the worst or maybe the very worst case I ever followed and to know Duncan videoed it all still gives me nightmares at times even years later.

Jmo
Me too, OBE.

That scum Duncan rented/stole the Jeep he used on his rampage right here in the Twin Cities.

And unbeknownst to us then, at the time we were vacationing in our cabin in Montana, Duncan was holding the Groene children captive at a campsite a mere 2 hours from us.

It's like he leaves his trail of slime wherever he goes.

Hi everyone... A new thread has been created and is ready for posting. To hop over to the new thread click here
1519997967812-jpg.718719

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member