AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the most honest, credible and sincere witnesses can be mistaken about their facts.

I witnessed a deadly car accident. I was a witness in a civil trial, in a lawsuit over the death.

I was right behind the car, in which the passenger died. We were in the left lane at a busy intersection, on the Pacific Coast Highway, waiting for breaks in traffic, to turn left. The car in front of me turned left right in front of a fast moving car, and was T-boned feet away from me. It was so frightening.

I saw it all and was totally honest with everything I saw. I was interviewed on scene, and then went to a deposition and testified in court.

I was absolutely certain that everything happened the way I saw it and remembered it. But I was shocked when I saw the surveillance footage from the bank on the corner---and a couple of things were not as I remembered them. And I was so certain about what I 'thought' I remembered.

This is spot on and I totally agree ( although I’m sorry that you had to go through this).
When I was at Detective training school we were on the syllabus of identification and recognition.
It was around 1130 in the morning and all of a sudden three men burst into the classroom, all with guns and fired them. They then got one of the trainers and dragged him out of the room.
Obviously it was a simulation exercise and the ‘abducted ‘ trainer knew this . All the cameras were rigged up in the classroom. Then as trainee Detectives ( but having served as Police Officers on the street for a minimum 5 years ), we were asked to write a witness statement as to what happened, putting in as much descriptive detail as possible.
Then armed with our individual statement , the camera was played back to us all. It was amazing what some in the classroom thought that they saw ( but they hadn’t because the camera proved otherwise). So my point echoes that of Katydid - we at that time were serving Police Officers trained to observe more than your average citizens and yet we got things wrong, confused etc
And when you are in a highly charged emotional state with the adrenaline pumping through fear and not knowing what’s happening and being so out of your comfort zone, accounts can be given that are simply not accurate. Not because of someone lying, but because they thought what they recalled was what happened but it wasn’t.
If that makes sense.
With the best will in the world, we can all get details mixed up / confused and/or downright wrong but without malice intended. By the way they weren’t real guns !

Welcome to Websleuths where we follow enough cases to come up with our own Hinky meter levels about certain things.

The cops with the stop and frisk tactics do it all of the time. Jmo

Oh. He looks suspicious. Lets stop and frisk him. Hmmm.

So the hinky meter does happen more than you think.

In my experience as a serving officer, my gut feeling or as you call it hinky meter is what I go with a huge amount of time because it works for me and accurately 99% of the time. I believe it’s a skill that you are either born with or not and it’s honed as a skill over time
MOO

This is not good news because it is almost always a parent/mother who keeps a case alive. I didn't get the feeling that the aunts were that close to Jayme, but more that they were following instructions.

Wasnt one of her aunts Jaymes caregiver?

I think it showed this aunt was very close to Jayme and her parents. She knew what mattered most to Jayme and that is why she had Jaymes little doggy Molly with her.

She was hoping she was watching and letting her know Molly was safe with them and waiting for Jayme to come home and be reunited with her family.

Jmo

Is it possible the parents were the target and once they were killed the murderer knew they had to get rid of Jayme but hesitated because she is young and the targets of his rage were already dead? That could be the reason for taking her. Working up the courage to kill her. Since it was a school night she could have been in bed and came out when she heard the commotion. They might not have even thought about her being there.

For me, the fundamental issue to resolve is why did he go to their particular house? It seems so driven by rage. I believe he followed the father home, and that is why that particular house was attacked. The attack was rage driven and not premeditated. If it had been planned out what would be the necessity for all the physical violence? He shot the father and while still enraged shot DC when she came out of the bedroom in a mindless escalation of violence. He realized that there was a child in the house, hiding, and went to find her and while he was doing that DC made the 911 call. He found Jayme and left immediately not knowing how much time he had before LE arrived. All of it a rage driven escalation.

Yes. I think this is spot on. I also think that's why we see so many locals jailed for violating parole in the last 2 weeks. I don't think the level of scrutiny over past offenders is typical. Law enforcement is trying to make contact with every past offender in the area.
Yes, I think there is a possibility he may have committed crimes in the past. It may or may not be significant, but since about 2015 the state of Wisconsin allows DNA testing on anyone charged with a misdemeanor. There are few states that permit this. It's probably a reach, but if the perp had ever been arrested before and charged, they may already have his DNA. At some point maybe they will have his DNA from the crime scene. It would be great if they already have it on file. I am hoping there is a chance. Jmo

Very saddened to hear that some things are getting scaled back. Sometimes, though, that can be the type of thing that makes a perpetrator relax. I'm really hoping that's the case here. Someone thinks, "Oh, they aren't watching as closely...now I can make a move," and it's just the type of slip up that breaks the case.

If putting cameras on the house and leaving the door unlocked was a setup, saying that they're cutting back might be a setup, too.

The age difference of the parents is worth considering, in the context of a theoretical rage-killing by another suitor.

I choose to continue to believe she is and that it’s urgent she is found.

I usually hold onto hope but in this one I must look at reality as brutal as it is sometimes.

I think the set of circumstances surrounding this particular case makes the odds of a safe return for Jayme almost nil.

He knows an alive Jayme puts him in great jeopardy.

He knows having her be alive is a great liability he isn't going to carry. Imo it's all about protecting himself now.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members