GUILTY IN - Three Children Killed at School Bus Stop, Fulton County, Rochester, 30 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

Where has it been said she left the scene and went to work?
3 siblings fatally struck at Ind. school bus stop, driver charged
"Police said there were no brakes used"
Shepherd stayed at the scene and is cooperating with authorities. Police said it is unclear why she did not stop.
She was held in the Fulton County Jail on a surety bond of $15,000 and was released on bond shortly after 7 p.m., state police said. Shepherd is the children's director at Faith Outreach - A Foursquare Gospel Church nearby in Rochester.

She had to of stopped after hitting the children or there wouldn't be the photo of her truck by mobile home park the 4 children lived in

Also I used this address:
(4600 N State Road 25 in Rochester) from this link:
to look on Google maps. Road looks very curvy and probably 55 mph

Screenshot_20181031-074448_zpsacedpse9.png.html

"Police said there were no brakes used"
Shepherd stayed at the scene and is cooperating with authorities. Police said it is unclear why she did not stop.
She was held in the Fulton County Jail on a surety bond of $15,000 and was released on bond shortly after 7 p.m., state police said. Shepherd is the children's director at Faith Outreach - A Foursquare Gospel Church nearby in Rochester.

She had to of stopped after hitting the children or there wouldn't be the photo of her truck by mobile home park the 4 children lived in

Also I used this address:
(4600 N State Road 25 in Rochester) from this link:
to look on Google maps. Road looks very curvy and probably 55 mph

Screenshot_20181031-074448_zpsacedpse9.png.html

This news report says she was arrested at work, so she must have gone on to work after hitting the kids.
24-year-old driver arrested after three siblings die at Rochester bus stop

"I haven't seen first responders and troopers cry in a long time," Indiana State Police Sergeant Tony Slocum said. "When the children's father had to make identification of his children, that was just gut-wrenching. We saw tears today and our hearts just go out to them because most of us have children and we can't imagine the pain that he felt today. It was heartbreaking It's still heartbreaking."

"I haven't seen first responders and troopers cry in a long time," Indiana State Police Sergeant Tony Slocum said. "When the children's father had to make identification of his children, that was just gut-wrenching. We saw tears today and our hearts just go out to them because most of us have children and we can't imagine the pain that he felt today. It was heartbreaking It's still heartbreaking."

I think I recognize some of these officers from the Libby and Abby investigation.

They went to court and my daughter had sworn statements from several other parents who witnessed what happened, even the bus driver. It all ended with the judge admonishing my daughter not to do anything like forcing the girl to stop. The car who almost hit the kids? The judge told her to be more careful.

This does not surprise me at all. Laws and courts exist more to keep people in line than to keep anyone safe.

I'd like to know how they arrested her at her job in the afternoon? Did she leave the scene? If so, how did she not know she hit anything? And if she left, how are we seeing aerial views of her truck at the scene? I'm confused!

I'd like to know how they arrested her at her job in the afternoon? Did she leave the scene? If so, how did she not know she hit anything? And if she left, how are we seeing aerial views of her truck at the scene? I'm confused!
The driver worked as a children's director at a church, and according to the article above, she had three children with her in the car. I would guess that LE at the scene though that it was best that those children were to be driven to where they were going, and that the driver accompanied them there.

Maybe the LE didn't know charges yet and let her go with someone else once her information was given but not drive vehicle.

My DIL was in serious accident earlier this year. She had my 3 grandchildren with her. The vehicle could not be moved nor car seats removed. The LE took her to where she was going. I know there was no charges, deaths, etc.. but maybe best to get any children out of view of the horrific scene.

Also it stated she gave blood test so Shepherd would have to have gone to ER at least. In fact the 3 kids in her vehicle should of went to ER to at least get checked out.

Angry and so sad for this family that I could spit nails!

Clearly, A. Shepherd is culpable in the deaths of these children. There isn’t a strong enough consequence for her, IMO.

How many times do we read/hear of careless drivers not heeding a school bus which has its lights flashing and warning arms activated. It will continue; stiffer fines/penalties won’t make a difference because each careless motorist believes he/she would never commit such negligence as to cause the death of a child.

My question is: Realizing there will be those who will never have in mind the safety of the school bus riders, why doesn’t each county school district mandate picking up children on the side of the road closest to their residence so that there isn’t the need for these bus riders to cross a highway? For example, in this case, the bus would have had to exit the highway and pull into these children’s subdivision to pick them up. Our county does this; in essence, it means the bus driver is required to perform extra maneuvers to get back en route, but it’s well worth it.

I’m not laying blame on bus drivers or the county; quite the contrary. IMO, you can’t control others (i.e., negligent motorists), but the school board of that county has the power to make changes in bus route stops to lessen the exposure to this danger.

The driver worked as a children's director at a church, and according to the article above, she had three children with her in the car. I would guess that LE at the scene though that it was best that those children were to be driven to where they were going, and that the driver accompanied them there.

The accident happened around 7 am, and she was arrested at work around 4 pm.

How in the world could someone work all day, business as usual, after hitting four children and killing three of them?

The scene was so horrific that first responders and officers were crying.

Unbelievable.

My opinion only.

The accident happened around 7 am, and she was arrested at work around 4 pm.

How in the world could someone work all day, business as usual, after hitting four children and killing three of them?

The scene was so horrific that first responders and officers were crying.

Unbelievable.

My opinion only.

Exactly!! The authorities wouldn’t have far to go to arrest me if I had done this to children; they would only need to scrape me off the ground and put me in a straight jacket.
Who fully understands how the stressed mind works to justify an action such as this? Furthermore and IMO, any justification to diminish fault is a condition of a sick heart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back