AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless, of course, Dad being shot came last in the sequence of events.
Unless, of course, Dad being shot came last in the sequence of events.
Ok, so how is dad the last one standing in any scenario if police seem to think dad answered the door? The only way I see that as possible is if someone left and came back... or someone was hiding on the porch after having already gotten to Jayme and her mom sometime earlier in the day?

Not only that, but in order to exit the front door, they would have to step over the body of James. I am almost certain they left through the patio door.
Possibly. We don't know exactly how close James' body was to the door, the position of the body with respect to the door, nor how big the room beyond the front door and items in it as to how easy it would be to simply walk around his body.

I hope it's ok to post this, but the details were posted by a member of the community. Apologies if already posted.
From community meeting last night.

Community Meeting: WITC Oct. 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Call in anything even if you think it’s not significant!
If you hear a knock at your door and it bothers you to answer call them they will come out and check it out.
Search your property!
If you see a McDonald’s bag with a half eaten cheeseburger call it in and don’t touch it.
If you believe you saw her call the tip line!
Get to know your neighbors!
Do what you think you need to do to feel safe at night!
Watch out for your kids as well as others!
He wants all tips called in even if you are in another state and hear something ask that person did you call the Tip Line?
If you see things that don’t belong or if it appears someone has been on your property Camping Out or Whatever- Call the Tip Line!
If you find a scarf, you know that it is not yours don’t touch it- Call it in!
It could have just blown in onto your property but they will send a Team out and let them figure it out!

LEAVE THE SCHOOLS AND THE FAMILY ALONE!

Please continue to call in tips to the tip line 24 hours a day at 1-855-744-3879.

Again the Missing and Endangered Juvenile is Jayme Closs, age 13, 5 feet tall, 100 Pounds, Green Eyes and Blond or Strawberry Hair.

What is this about the McDonalds?? Did they already find something like this? Or is this just a random example???

Also Mcdonalds is located right next to Jenni-O Turkey factory

Not only that, but in order to exit the front door, they would have to step over the body of James. I am almost certain they left through the patio door.
Why the patio door instead of say a (possible) garage exit? If they did consciously avoid stepping over James in the front doorway, I wonder how calculated this killer was in his/her planning? It would indicate a level of conscious thought in exiting the crime scene and a more organized killer to me. A less organized killer might not even think of the ramifications of stepping over James, possibly coming into contact with blood and leaving footprints etc... But at the same time, if James is dead in the front area... I'm thinking that someone HAD to have stepped over / around him to gain access to the rest of the house... so perhaps police got bloody footprints from the inside of that doorway area?

Ok, so how is dad the last one standing in any scenario if police seem to think dad answered the door? The only way I see that as possible is if someone left and came back... or someone was hiding on the porch after having already gotten to Jayme and her mom sometime earlier in the day?
That was a first impression by one officer prior to any analysis of the crime scene. We don't know if that is what happened, though law enforcement by now would likely know from forensics, including forensic reconstruction of the crime scene, and flow (sequence of events).

Isn’t this the second time we’ve heard a McDonald’s cheeseburger mentioned as something to look out for? They mentioned it in the 2000 person search right? Could they have some sort of definitive clue that the perp ate at and discarded a McDonalds burger? Where are the McDonalds in Barron? Do they have any other connections to other tips or info we have?

There is a McDonalds right next to Jenni-O Turkey factory

What is this about the McDonalds?? Did they already find something like this? Or is this just a random example???

Also Mcdonalds is located right next to Jenni-O Turkey factory

This was me thinking I had heard a McDonald's wrapper mentioned as an example of what to look for during the 2000 person search but I could have been wrong. It may be a random example. There is nothing definitive that I can find to connect it. I'll keep looking though. Might just be my memory playing tricks sorry!!

This cloaks it like a methodical transition strategy, but all the signs are there that the tips are drying up, they're scaling down and it's getting cold:
  • Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said that the "declining number of tips" has prompted "us to shrink our operations" from a round-the-clock Emergency Operations Center to a "more deliberate and methodical effort to progress the investigation."
  • "We're in this digital world, and we just can't get it," the sheriff said...
  • However, the Sheriff's Office has yet to verify any credible information about the teen's whereabouts.
I believe the sheriff's office and FBI has done everything they can. I also believe there is more that they know that hasn't been released to the public. Why not release more facts? If the info given out to date hasn't refreshed anyone's memory leading to a credible tip, maybe releasing another fact or even profiler's outline would. If nothing else, it would keep her in the news instead of becoming forgotten as the news keeps rolling.

That was a first impression by one officer prior to any analysis of the crime scene. We don't know if that is what happened, though law enforcement by now would likely know from forensics, including forensic reconstruction of the crime scene, and flow (sequence of events).

Agreed. It may well be that JC was shot when they entered, but that is not a proven fact, at least for us. Just because he was in the doorway doesn't mean that he was necessarily shot as they were entering the house. It may be the initial impression, and it may be the correct order of events, but we don't know that for sure. It isn't the only possibility.

Hmm.. Kandiyohi County (Willmar MN) is due west of Barron and is HQ for Jenny-O. Awaiting update. I hope it is nothing related.

Per a recently posted article:
The sex and identity of the victim have not yet been released, pending the notification of their family.
Body is found in a farm field near Willmar

Sounds to me that LE already knows the sex and identity of the victim. I'd think we would have heard something from Barron LE and FBI by now if it was JLC. Given that, I believe this will be soon be confirmed to be unrelated. Jmo

True Crime Garage released an episode discussing the Jayme Closs case this evening:

Jayme Closs ////// 253 from True Crime Garage

Last time TCG covered an in-the-news case they discussed Mollie Tibbetts disappearance (all it was at the time). They happened to release part I of the MT podcast the same day LE announced Rivera's arrest. Maybe they'll bring similar luck to Jayme's case.

Thanks for posting this. These guys do a rational analysis of this baffling case. I live one county away and this is the worst crime that's ever happened around here. It's discouraging to hear the investigation is being scaled back. I pity that poor girl.

I think the perp is a local person flying below the cop's radar screen. Somebody with secret homicidal tendencies who became obsessed with Jayme. Somebody who observed her and learned where she lived but that didn't draw attention to himself. In this largely rural area there are hundreds of isolated farms and homesteads. I think the perp is a guy similar to Jaenke-Annis but with more dangerous proclivities. In other words, not just a guy obsessed enough with Jayme to enter the Closs home to steal the missing girl's panties and dress, but to kick in the door, murder the parents, and abduct Jayme herself. Same type guy, only more radical, more intense, and more dangerous. If he stole Jayme to make her his secret, prisoner wife, she may be still alive. The alternative is too sad to talk about.

Very true, I was just going on the assumption of them seeing his feet.
Yes. For some reason people have taken the "seeing feet" part as if it meant his feet were seen beyond the door and that may not be the case at all simply because as officers got closer and closer to the house and with an open door would be able to see further into the house as they got closer and be able to see even further if lights were on in the room beyond the front door.

So there is no way for us to determine just how close James was to the door.

Same with his position. His body may not have been found in line with the door and for example, could have been perpendicular to the door with only his feet visible from the vantage point of approaching the front door and the rest of him only observable by entering the front door and looking to the right. We simply do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo