SOLVED NY - Tala Farea, 16, Rotana Farea, 22, Hudson River, 24 Oct 2018- COD released: suicide/drowning

This is taking an interesting turn. Are the police so illogical that they believe that when a duct taped person enters the water alive, it must be suicide? What is going on behind the scenes to stop the investigation?

Remind me if I'm ever going to murder someone to just duct tape them and throw them in the river. I'll never get caught!

I don't think we will ever understand what's going on behind the scenes in a case like this. Way beyond my political/foreign policy education level!

NYPD NEWS on Twitter

Video of police press conference. Not sure if link will open up in this website.
-Eyewitness came forward and says he saw both of them in a park near the river. They were seated about 30 feet apart and were praying. This was at 7 am when he would do exercises near the same park.

-The duct tape was not tightly holding their bodies together but seemed to keep both their bodies connected to each other.

-Eyewitness came forward and says he saw both of them in a park near the river. They were seated about 30 feet apart and were praying. This was at 7 am when he would do exercises near the same park.

-The duct tape was not tightly holding their bodies together but seemed to keep both their bodies connected to each other.
Any info on WHERE the witness saw them in the park?

I'm surprised at the 7am time. There would be plenty of people around, I would think, at that time, working out, walking dogs, biking to work, etc.

jmo

Thanks for pointing these details out. I am only a bit into the video and just heard about the duct tape. I don't see why it's so far fetched for it to be suicide, especially considering these details. And that the girls have previously said they'd rather kill themselves than return to SA, which they likely were going to have to do since mom's time here was up.

physical abuse as well as "some other things mentioned" that he doesn't want to go into right now

He believes they did file for asylum

The girls stayed in a number of hotels.. Hyatt, Knickerbocker, etc... high end hotels. CC maxed out, money was running out. CC was in Rotana's name.

Last edited:
I am concluding that this was suicide. They ran out of money and did not want to ask for support from their own family. Then they are both dead after seen crying and praying. Very sad. RIP Farea sisters.

Or they knew they were going to commit suicide and decided they may as well max out their credit card on high end hotels and multiple takeout meals a day. It seems like they wanted to live well for their final days, which I can understand in their situation. jmo

So let me get this straight..... "NYPD confirms they have "documents" indicating the girls were abused" and they lived in a shelter to get away yet this is going to be ruled a suicide in 8 days of investigating? I don't feel comfortable about that.

Last edited:
I would guess they were drugged.

That would be the easiest way to duct tape two people without a struggle. Drugged by someone they trusted at their apt. then dropped into the river.

I see. It seems logical to assume they feared they were in danger because they opted to live in a shelter rather than return home. I agree that seems like a logical assumption, but it is an assumption not a fact. (Maybe they just didn't want to live with their family anymore, but were not in fear of their lives either.)

But they certainly were serious about not wanting to return home. Most people would not chose to live in a shelter if it could be avoided.

jmo

Fear of their brother, mother? Who were they afraid of? I wish we knew.

ETA: He actually spends only the first 13 to 14 minutes of the press conference talking about Tala and Rotana. The rest of the conference is about crimes that have taken place in NYC recently.

A couple of things I hadn’t heard before:

1. The credit card they were using was in Rotana’s name.
2. In the end, the card was maxed out.

It's interesting to me that at 22, she had a high enough credit limit to live in high end hotels, and survive in general, for almost two months in the city. A weeknight at the Knickerbocker can be at least $400.

Last edited:
If you believe in the Saudi Arabia upbringing for your baby daughters.

Then why in the heck you would want to move your family to the United States while still keeping them under the Saudi Arabia law?

Just at Riverside Park in a playground near 158th and 163rd street. He came forward on Oct. 31st.
Aha. So that is a bit further north than where I suspected they went in the water. Pedestrians can easily access the water at that spot, but not cars. This does make me think that suicide is the right conclusion.
jmo

If the girls were seen praying the morning they were found in the water, I think it's more logical that they went into the water themselves as opposed to someone (or even multiple people) restraining the girls, duct taping them around their feet and loosely around their waists, and throwing them into the water in broad daylight. Personally I think if it was a murder, the perp(s) would have done it at night.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back