AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was not near one of her parents' bodies, it may indicate she made the call. It could have been found in a place that also had evidence of Jayme hiding-- like under the bed or in her closet in her bedroom. Also, since it was her mom's cell phone and it seems Jayme had her own cell phone (going by photos) she may not have had any reason to touch her mom's cell everyday or to make calls with it. They could tell if her fingerprints were specifically on the screen in the locations where the number 9 - 1 - 1 come up when you dial a smart phone. So they might know from all that info. JMO.
Good info. But how would that lend to the sheriffs belief she is alive? Sorry for picking your brain. I'm appreciating your perspective.
ETA Thank you

Last edited:
Who here thinks Jayme is still alive and is hiding somewhere? Either proactively on her own or because she is being forced to hide. I am torn because we don’t have any or enough info. Some days I think she’s been dead since probably that night. Some days I’m 50/50 on something else going on let’s just say.

Last edited:
Yes you are correct
I’ve recently referred a case to the cyber crime unit
To try and keep it brief :

A single 30 yr old gay man is home alone and puts gay *advertiser censored* into laptop to watch, and whilst doing so, commits a Sex act .

Three days later he gets an email from
Location unknown with a link .

Email content is basically a blackmail threat that they have his email and password details ( they did and they correctly quoted his password in the email ).
And that they knew what sites he had visited and listed them.
And they had video of him committing sex act whilst viewing these sites . ( They sent a snapshot of said video attached to the email).
They threatened that unless they received £16,000 within 24 hours to the account details contained within the link , that failure to do so would result in his gay secret lifestyle being revealed to all the contacts contained within his address book online with said video attached.

I cannot give more details as to what LE actions then took place but suffice to say it was a real not perceived threat and we all need to cover the pinpoint cameras on our devices with a little bit of paper over it when not in use to prevent this kind of cyber spying.

A very similar thing happened to a friend's teenage son a few years ago; he was catfished by what he believed to be a very pretty girl his age on one of those video chat sites popular with teens (never visited one - sounds like my personal hell - but my understanding is that it randomly FaceTime connects you with a person to talk to). The talk heated up at some point and she asked him to move it to another platform and do some spicy type things, he complied and said she was real and doing spicy things, also.

Shortly thereafter, he received a message with names of his friends and relatives, and was asked what they'd think about what he just did. They told him he was about to find out if he didn't pay $500 via Western Union; they'd secretly recorded it all and said if he didn't pay, they'd upload it to his SM accounts. At that point, he was panicking and came clean to his mom and she had him disable all accounts and called the police.

Scammers and predators are smart and technology does seem to be their new playground. Law enforcement has to get smarter every day just to keep up with them and in some cybercrime cases, have even enlisted the criminals to leave the dark side and help teach law enforcement the tricks and tips they used to commit crimes, so law enforcement can improve. I think this is a brilliant move for certain crimes. I just hope there's a digital trail in this case.

Very much agree with both of you and that scenario I had in mind when commenting in previous threads that there is possibility that Jayme hid when things were happening in the house and then run.

If she was not taken by perp but hid and then saw all that shocking scene, her parents all bloodied and dead, she would be in big distress. Screaming, yelling, in panic and fear and probably in that state run out of the door.

She was in that house since she was born, played with dog in the yard and very likely knew the woods around the house very well too. She would either ran straight to the main road to seek help or in panic and fear through the woods few min to the adjacent road, which is one where Dairy farm or shop is located at. Searches were conducted there. She could also run other direction, towards Smrekar house but even though most logical and closest, for some reason I don't think she would run that way.

Now, while searching for help, if she was picked up at those early hours at either of the locations by someone unknown, who did not come out yet with her, well :(

Above scenario, another crime by someone else, would complicate things greatly for all these to be solved.

So 3 possibilities are still out there: that she was
- taken by perp who murdered her parents
- she is in woods/sheds/her hidding spots nearby unfortunately deceased ...
- picked up from road by different person (not related to murders)

Just to add: above are not the facts but possibilities which can't be excluded yet on facts we know so far.

(There is saying - do not get tunnel vision and do not concentrate only on one way too early). For me, it is still too early to exclude any of the options.

There is a 4th possibility - Jayme knew the perp and willingly left with them. Unlikely i know but as you rightfully say at this stage you cannot exclude
any options.

Who here thinks Jayme is still alive and is hiding somewhere? Either proactively on her own or because she is being forced to hide. I am torn because we don’t have any or enough info. Some days I think she’s been dead since probably that night. Some days I’m 50/50 on something else going on let’s just say.
I absolutely don’t believe that she is hiding. That’s not even on my list of possible scenarios.

I think it’s likely she is dead, and has been for some time.

There is always the possibility that she is still alive, held captive somewhere. But that’s more a hopeful wish than a likely reality.

Good info. But how would it that to the sheriffs belief she is alive? Sorry for picking your brain. I'm appreciating your perspective.

I think they are assuming she is alive until they find out otherwise. This is very common in missing person's cases for LE to make that assumption. All it tells me is that they did not find evidence of Jayme's death in the house. I have only ever seen them declare a missing child is likely deceased when they have clear evidence of death-- large amounts of blood, bits of brain matter from a gunshot wound, evidence of where the bowels evacuated on the carpet after death and/or a canine alerting on a car trunk to the presence of a decomposed body having been there, etc. They don't have any of these things, so even if the chances are slim statistically, they will act as if she is being kept alive until they know otherwise. JMO.

I absolutely don’t believe that she is hiding. That’s not even on my list of possible scenarios.

I think it’s likely she is dead, and has been for some time.

There is always the possibility that she is still alive, held captive somewhere. But that’s more a hopeful wish than a likely reality.
I'm totally with you on not hiding. There would be only 2 reasons I could think of and the second is WS tabu but I am not buying that either.

I'm right there with you Sun16. But I hope the "something else going on" wins out in the end. At least Jayme may have a chance to live.

I think they are assuming she is alive until they find out otherwise. This is very common in missing person's cases for LE to make that assumption. All it tells me is that they did not find evidence of Jayme's death in the house. I have only ever seen them declare a missing child is likely deceased when they have clear evidence of death-- large amounts of blood, bits of brain matter from a gunshot wound, evidence of where the bowels evacuated on the carpet after death and/or a canine alerting on a car trunk to the presence of a decomposed body having been there, etc. They don't have any of these things, so even if the chances are slim statistically, they will act as if she is being kept alive until they know otherwise. JMO.
Appreciate the reply. TY

I think she is dead.

There is a 4th possibility - Jayme knew the perp and willingly left with them. Unlikely i know but as you rightfully say at this stage you cannot exclude
any options.

You're right; I don't think she went willingly with them, but have seen discussions wondering if LE may think differently and that's the reason they've refused to outright call it an abduction. This is one of the type things I wish they'd outright and unequivocally address as the case becomes colder, as I worry that some people aren't taking it seriously enough while that speculation survives.

Strangely I have never thought Jayme had anything at all to do with all of this.
Usually in a case where a young girl runs something breaks. A Walmart shot of buying hair dye, an ID at a FF restaurant or LE is putting up BOTLO for and a description. I know there are posters and billboards but I think that's SOP!

With that said what 13 year old girl. Much loved and tended to by her mother and probably dad too since she was their one and only meets up on the internet a guy that comes to the home at 12:30 PM guns blazing and breaks down the door, kills two human beings, rapes the girl and takes her with him to avoid leaving DNA (that's my own opinion..not a fact).

With that said nary a word or sighting or whisper about Jayme anywhere. Police all over this USA have her in sights but nothing.
Four girls taken and never heard of again have been returned and that's rare. We all know their names. Dugard, Smart, Hernandez and the Cleveland three.

Most others have met the same fate at Mollie Tibbetts. We just haven't found them yet.

I've noticed what appears to be a bullet hole in the window also. I was going to post it here a few times but i cannot get past the part of thinking that a bullet would shatter the whole window. I cannot see a window having the same type of hole that a car or a wall would, like this appears. However, I could be wrong

Sometimes bullets can pass through glass and leave a hole without shattering the window.

I am shocked that she hasn’t been found! It’s not unheard of though. I think of Pearl Pinson out of Vallejo, Ca. Abducted in plain sight, they know who abducted her, find him, he gets killed in a shootout with police....Pearl has never been found. He was only gone for like two days, I believe. LE even traces his steps via toll tag scans, still no Pearl. It’s sad that it’s, apparently, not that difficult to dump a body that’s never found. That is, IF Jayme is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998