AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcon500:
Are you saying that you believe LE will state they believe she alive and willingly in hiding....?

If so - I sure hope they would share their evidence of this belief....

Many here speculated that the press conference seemed directed toward coaxing Jayme home versus any appeal to a captive....
TIA

I agree Angleterre. I find it intriguing that LE went public with the info that they are NOW focusing on electronics. They have been investigating for over two weeks with the FBI's help. Maybe they are now looking for further solid evidence on electronics they have found in the house that they can use against the suspect(s).

I don't know much about electronic games, my kids nor myself have ever played them , but I have read that children can play these games(many games very violent..not all are ) and actually speak to people in a chat room environment . They can then communicate with them privately on other social media apps.
Unfortunately, kids can also hide this info from their parents by using different devices etc.
LE may be investigating many different devices which others have stated can take a lot of time.

MOO... could it be possible that Jayme's parents did not approve of her friends/boys/group(from the area or not)that she met playing these games? Other events have happened in the past where players in these violent type games took it upon themselves to be "heroes with guns" or behave like characters they see portrayed in these games. Since we know so little, could Jamie possibly have had some people over to hang out /play games prior to James coming home that night ? Could someone who was there that night parked in the driveway have a gun /rifle in their car? When James came home he disliked who was there, possibly there was an argument and the perp got the gun from the car and then shot James in the doorway. Since they considered Jayme a friend , they didn't harm her or her dog and took Jayme with them?

Just fyi, I'm in Southern California and local am radio was talking about the case at the top of the hour.

No new info. Just talking about how it's been 2 weeks etc.....Small town gossip (nothing that hasn't been discussed here).

Anyway, just wanted to share that it's still in the news out here.

This is way out in outer space and I can only think of one time it happened and the circumstances were not similar. I am just throwing it out there because the thought came to me for a brief second. Jayme is portrayed as a compassionate girl (school essay give to the poor feed the hungry). Also quiet (not intimidating or a threat). One in a million chance her demeanor or even spoken words made a difference in her outcome? Just a fleeting thought not even an opinion so can't say JMO.

I agree Angleterre. I find it intriguing that LE went public with the info that they are NOW focusing on electronics. They have been investigating for over two weeks with the FBI's help. Maybe they are now looking for further solid evidence on electronics they have found in the house that they can use against the suspect(s).

I don't know much about electronic games, my kids nor myself have ever played them , but I have read that children can play these games(many games very violent..not all are ) and actually speak to people in a chat room environment . They can then communicate with them privately on other social media apps.
Unfortunately, kids can also hide this info from their parents by using different devices etc.
LE may be investigating many different devices which others have stated can take a lot of time.

MOO... could it be possible that Jayme's parents did not approve of her friends/boys/group(from the area or not)that she met playing these games? Other events have happened in the past where players in these violent type games took it upon themselves to be "heroes with guns" or behave like characters they see portrayed in these games. Since we know so little, could Jamie possibly have had some people over to hang out /play games prior to James coming home that night ? Could someone who was there that night parked in the driveway have a gun /rifle in their car? When James came home he disliked who was there, possibly there was an argument and the perp got the gun from the car and then shot James in the doorway. Since they considered Jayme a friend , they didn't harm her or her dog and took Jayme with them?
If you have a link for the electronics info would you mind posting? TIA

Strangely I have never thought Jayme had anything at all to do with all of this.
Usually in a case where a young girl runs something breaks. A Walmart shot of buying hair dye, an ID at a FF restaurant or LE is putting up BOTLO for and a description. I know there are posters and billboards but I think that's SOP!

With that said what 13 year old girl. Much loved and tended to by her mother and probably dad too since she was their one and only meets up on the internet a guy that comes to the home at 12:30 PM guns blazing and breaks down the door, kills two human beings, rapes the girl and takes her with him to avoid leaving DNA (that's my own opinion..not a fact).

With that said nary a word or sighting or whisper about Jayme anywhere. Police all over this USA have her in sights but nothing.
Four girls taken and never heard of again have been returned and that's rare. We all know their names. Dugard, Smart, Hernandez and the Cleveland three.

Most others have met the same fate at Mollie Tibbetts. We just haven't found them yet.

A person couldn't be sure they would have been able to kill two people without much of a struggle and not leave DNA behind. I'm disgusted as I type this but using a condom seems like less work than disposing of a body. Maybe she will be one of the girls found and soon not years from now.

I am shocked that she hasn’t been found! It’s not unheard of though. I think of Pearl Pinson out of Vallejo, Ca. Abducted in plain sight, they know who abducted her, find him, he gets killed in a shootout with police....Pearl has never been found. He was only gone for like two days, I believe. LE even traces his steps via toll tag scans, still no Pearl. It’s sad that it’s, apparently, not that difficult to dump a body that’s never found. That is, IF Jayme is dead.

When you take a look at these vast United States I think it's very easy to get away with murder and hide a body. Heck you don't even have to bury them just find a safe place.
Note: Not near grandma's house like Jesse Matthews!

Speaking of which. If I was LE and had any suspects at all I'd be looking at their familiar places. That's where they usually head to.

Last edited:
A person couldn't be sure they would have been able to kill two people without much of a struggle and not leave DNA behind. I'm disgusted as I type this but using a condom seems like less work than disposing of a body. Maybe she will be one of the girls found and soon not years from now.
They can't wear it forever and once it's used and removed..dna!

Someone yesterday posted that Jayme may have been taken because she had DNA evidence on her person from the killer. They could not leave her dead or that would be discovered. Mr. panty man came in through the patio door and found her bedroom immediately. I really believe this was a sexual attack on Jayme, parents became aware, somehow a gun appeared which may well have belonged to James and taken away from him. He may have been chasing the killer to the door and was shot then, not while answering the door. They came back and killed Mom and had to take Jayme from the area to protect themselves.

I want to make this clear. I have no inside information and only know what I read in the paper.

I meant hide with her male companion whether voluntarily or not.
Thank you for contributing to our thread.

I have a question regarding Denise’s location in the bathroom. I wonder why go through the trouble of trying to get to her if she’s not the intended target. Possibly to eliminate a witness?
I’m curious if it holds any weight in your experience? To be clear, I’m not asking you to site a motive, unless you care to answer that, but on any level, does it speak to you in any way that the suspect didn’t leave before killing her?

Thanks again for your valuable insight.

If you have a link for the electronics info would you mind posting? TIA
I'm not sure how to link the article, but it was on the KSTP News 5 webpage/tv on Nov 1. They quoted LE authorities saying they were scaling back ground search crews from 200 to 100 and would focus more time on analyzing messaging apps and online communications.

I too, am shocked it is taking so long. They keep looking for a Wisconsin plate, they should start asking at nearby truckstops for out of state plates on their camera footage that night!! If this was someone for Jayme, they would not have all this rage. This was someone who was angry. My 12 year old granddaughters are smart enough to not communicate with strangers online or their phone. I don't really think Jayme did this!

We have nothing, and everything is still a possibility. I don't think anyone means to discount your idea - these threads were just overwhelmed, I doubt anyone could keep up.

Another poster somewhere wondered 'What if DC was shot first, how would that change the scene?' and I don't remember any replies to that idea either, an idea that may or may not coordinate with yours. Is that what you're saying, the shooter was already inside?

I know I like to read all the ideas.

Hang in there! :)
I had wondered (in one of my many possible ideas) if he came home to something not right, yes. It would also explain to me why his car was parked where it was and not down by DCs. Someone could have already been parked there, or he parked it in a rush. As for him having a key, yes Im sure he did, but in a struggle or in a rush do you fumble with keys, or kick the door in? These are just my thoughts and Im perfectly ok with people disagreeing and offering their own theory or reason. This was just the least popular theory of all that Ive mentioned.

I too, am shocked it is taking so long. They keep looking for a Wisconsin plate, they should start asking at nearby truckstops for out of state plates on their camera footage that night!! If this was someone for Jayme, they would not have all this rage. This was someone who was angry. My 12 year old granddaughters are smart enough to not communicate with strangers online or their phone. I don't really think Jayme did this!
When the sheriff was on Ashleigh Banfield last week, she asked him if he was doing any of over a dozen things, from checking truck stops and campsites, to checking security video from Walmart. He responded that they were doing all of those things.

Sometimes a crime doesn’t lend itself to a quick resolution, despite the best efforts of LE.

This seems to be one of those cases.

This is way out in outer space and I can only think of one time it happened and the circumstances were not similar. I am just throwing it out there because the thought came to me for a brief second. Jayme is portrayed as a compassionate girl (school essay give to the poor feed the hungry). Also quiet (not intimidating or a threat). One in a million chance her demeanor or even spoken words made a difference in her outcome? Just a fleeting thought not even an opinion so can't say JMO.

I think it is possible. If Jayme was quiet and did not try to fight or run she may be kept for longer by a perp who has a place to keep her and wanted someone like that. I think back to KB who was held by Kohlhepp-- she played along with his sick games and never made a move to try to escape or alert anyone until she heard LE with dogs searching outside the shipping container-- then she started banging on the walls and yelling as loud as she could to get help. The woman held before KB was not so fortunate and was killed by TK when she tried to manipulate him into telling someone else where she was and supposedly made other moves to try to escape (according to him anyway-- it is the word of SK but I found that part believable). If Jayme is quiet and submissive and if her presence is not likely to be discovered by anyone else, there is a chance she could stay alive. On the other hand, anyone who would slaughter her parents the way they did, likely has a hair-trigger temperament and it is possible nothing she does or doesn't do will make him keep her alive longer. If she cries too much because she is scared, he could decide to get rid of her just for crying. It may not matter to him that she is small and not a threat to him physically. We just don't know what kind of person we are dealing with other than someone who is capable of the kind of violence used to murder her parents. If she is still alive and being held by someone she is endangered every minute and she is not in any real control of her fate one bit (even if she could be kept longer due to her personality and/or the perp's inclinations towards her). Just my opinion.

I'm not sure how to link the article, but it was on the KSTP News 5 webpage/tv on Nov 1. They quoted LE authorities saying they were scaling back ground search crews from 200 to 100 and would focus more time on analyzing messaging apps and online communications.
Thanks. I know I've seen it.

Does anybody know of any case where parents were murdered and young girl taken in so little time? I can recall a lot of cases I've followed but never one like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member