Court

Preserve the integrity of the investigation?
There is no investigation.
I guess shes not interested in preserving her own integrity.
Shes a willing participant in this shiz show

Integrity
1. the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
2. the state of being whole and undivided.

Ya' have to start with integrity for it to be "preserved", and I don't believe honesty, strong moral principles or moral uprightness have been primary factors in this case. (Particularly when Burke and cronies were overseeing). And, as for an "undivided" aspect... well, SCPD is only unified in efforts (expensive legal fees and authoritative mouthpieces) to continue "this shiz show".

Last edited:
Im not a legal eagle, but I'm wondering if it is a conflict of interest for

Geraldine Hart to represent the SCPD in this matter.
I keep telling you that the Feds have legal power over the LE,

and when Geraldine was the head of the FBI in Long Island, she
nor her colleagues subpoenaed that 9-1-1 call, even though they
had power over SCPD.

Now, as SCPD Police Commissioner, she is representing the police
and negating the tape from being released, but, as she was the head
of the FBI, I wonder if this could be deemed a legal conflict of interest
and I'm wondering if there is probable cause to sue SCPD
for the tape from a different Fed camp, I guess SDNY.

I wonder if an expert in First Amendment Law would be the right
lawyer to sue Geraldine, or if it needs to be FBI in NYC to sue her.

A law firm needs to step in to sue SCPD
over the release of Shannan's 911 call and
be intelligent and experienced in:

SCPD police procedure regarding 911 calls

subpoena the SCPD transmissions forms from the moment the 911 call came in
to the moment the first responder arrived at the scene

commercial sexual exploitation of girls

felony level promoting prostitution

probable cause in advance and profit from the prostitution of another [Pak] [Diaz]

was there evidence of Shannan being controlled by a 3rd party promoting prostitution [Diaz]

This law firm needs to be able to argue this case all the way up to the Supreme Court.

I believe, unless they appeal, again, they will be compelled to obey, or be in contempt of court.

But what type of actual punishment will be handed down if they are found guilty of contempt? A verbal admonishment? Smack on the hand? A fine? Whatever it is, imo it would primarily involve months (possibly years) of costly legal wrangling with nothing actually gained. An expensive dirty smudge on SCPD faces... nothing more.

But what type of actual punishment will be handed down if they are found guilty of contempt? A verbal admonishment? Smack on the hand? A fine? Whatever it is, imo it would primarily involve months (possibly years) of costly legal wrangling with nothing actually gained. An expensive dirty smudge on SCPD faces... nothing more.
They could lose the underlying lawsuit. Judges can, at their discretion, impose sanctions that include an automatic judgment in favor of the opposing party. The judge can also send the attorney to jail, impose daily fines and all sorts of other things. An attorney is not going to just ignore this order. The attorney could even lose their license to practice law.

Federal Tort Claims Act

grants the Gilbert family the right to sue
the Federal Government (U.S. Attorney's office [Eastern,] FBI and SCPD.)

John Ray has never argued in front of the United States Supreme Court

and Ray hasn't a clue about prostitution, nor criminal enterprise of sex industry.

Contempt rulings usually involve jail time for somebody, usually the party in contempt or a representative. The jail time is usually indefinite until the party comes into compliance with the judge's ruling. Contempt orders are serious matters.

They could lose the underlying lawsuit. Judges can, at their discretion, impose sanctions that include an automatic judgment in favor of the opposing party. The judge can also send the attorney to jail, impose daily fines and all sorts of other things. An attorney is not going to just ignore this order. The attorney could even lose their license to practice law.

Yes, I believe you and Windsor are correct in possible serious penalties. I'm simply questioning whether Berland would actually impose those penalties. I mean, would a Suffolk County judge REALLY order the Suffolk County Attorney to serve jail time and/or be subject to daily fines?? I don't see it happening.

jmo

Last edited:
Yes, I believe you and Windsor are correct in possible serious penalties. I'm simply questioning whether Berland would actually impose those penalties. I mean, would a Suffolk County judge REALLY order the Suffolk County Attorney to serve jail time and/or be subject to daily fines?? I don't see it happening.

jmo
You know the players better than I do but I would be shocked if they just ignore it. The more likely thing is that they are going to wait until the last possible second to appeal it to a higher court. Attorneys are master procrastinators.

jmo

Don't bother guessing here on what will happen
call an attorney and ask him what happens in matters like these.

The attorneys representing the opposition are going to appeal
the judge's decision to give the tapes to Ray.

Last edited:
You know the players better than I do but I would be shocked if they just ignore it. The more likely thing is that they are going to wait until the last possible second to appeal it to a higher court. Attorneys are master procrastinators.

I would love to see the judge impose a serious penalty forcing SCPD to comply. But, yep, I agree... their attorney will eventually come through with an appeal.

Besides John Ray's Wrongful death suit on behalf of the estate of Mari Gilbert, I do not believe there is any potential for civil action in this case.

On the other hand, there are criminal charges possible. Suffolk County has expressed to Judge Berland in court, that Shannan Gilbert's case is an ongoing investigation, not that I expect they are really doing anything concrete.

I know it may sound trite, but currently, it appears John Ray's efforts are the best hope for a resolution to this case.

Speaking of court - does websleuths have a thread for the
corruption case against James Grant and Jeremy Reichberg?

NYPD? So I can follow ?

Corrupt Mayor de Blasio donor says he hired prostitutes for high-ranking cops and former jails union boss - NY Daily News

"Susan Necheles, an attorney for Brooklyn businessman Jeremy Reichberg, forced Rechnitz to admit that he hired prostitutes as gifts to former Chief of Department Philip Banks and ex-Correction Officers’ Benevolent Association President Norman Seabrook on a trip in late 2013 to the Dominican Republic.

Necheles grilled Rechnitz about his experiences with call girls to call into question his version of the Vegas trip, which is central to the government’s bribery case against Reichberg and ex-Deputy Inspector James (Jimmy) Grant.

Rechnitz said he and Reichberg realized that prostitutes could be a welcome favor after enjoying their services on a separate trip to the Dominican Republic with Hamlet Peralta, a Harlem restaurateur sentenced to five years in prison for running a $12 million Ponzi scheme.

When Reichberg and Rechnitz took Banks and Seabrook to the DR and rented a villa, Rechnitz said he wanted to hire prostitutes again."

Seabrook was convicted of accepting a $60,000 kickback in August and is awaiting sentencing. Banks has not been charged.

Kickbacks - are bribery. hmmmmm.
I WONDER if anyone in the Shannan Gilbert lawsuit will be convicted of

accepting kickbacks/bribes to the tune of thousands of dollars in CASH. Oh, and it was a secret. NO ONE WAS TOLD except he who had his hand out for that said $$$$$$$$.

Stay tuned folks, it's going to become a very bumpy ride.

Last edited:
the Nixon Tapes
The Trump Tapes
the Cohen Tapes
The Michael Pak Tapes
the John Ray Tapes .............the Scalise Tapes

Just hear those handcuffs jingling ring-ting-tingling, too
C'mon it's lovely weather for a perp walk together with you...

He's making a list,
He's checking it twice.
Better seek out some legal advice.
The FBI is coming to town!

I would not be putting cuffs on anyone who has Leannes black list.

This is a game of payback.

Bet Newsday would like that list.

Gilgo Beach Killer Round-table Discussion LIVE on LI in the AM w/ Jay Oliver! - LI News Radio

A notice of appeal was filed but J Ray says it was done illegally.

Bottom line: Court red tape. Anyone surprised??

ETA: One really nice thing... Kolker is a good person :)

I listened to the Radio programme. Kolker disagreed with John about Mari's involvement with the occult. Interesting.

What really did surprise me was that John Ray said, 'when they found Shannan's body in the marsh, they brought it into Hacketts home'! Did I misunderstand him? Is that what really happened?
If any of Shannan's DNA was subsequently found in Hacketts home, or Hackett's DNA on Shannan that would be a perfect explanation for the defense. I cannot believe the SCPD would have made such a serious error. Who decided on the SCPD to do that? I think the NY State should look at SCPD's handling of the whole case.

It seems the upcoming Netflix movie, is not much more than a TV drama, not a fact based documentary.

Finally according to the show, the FBI are not really involved with this case at all now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back