GUILTY - Tammy Moorer - trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 *Appeals denied* #11

Just finished watching last night's Dateline that I DVRd. Annoyingly, it was interrupted three times with emergency weather alerts, including when Tammy got on the stand. Grrrr. Anyway, a lot was left out, but they couldn't possibly fit it all into the timeframe. I think if I were watching it knowing nothing else about the trial, I would think there wasn't enough evidence to convict. I hope this brings some people to Websleuths!

I missed Dateline (I never watch it anyway) so thank you everyone who gave snippets of what was said. I hope it brings more people to the case and one day provides closure for the Elvis family and Heather's friends ...

I keep going back and reading the evidence, social media from the M's and co. and they keep pointing at someone else .. saying they know the answer, they know this and that .. if that's true, why not offer the truth? I think the answer is it would still indicate they were involved in it all .. there is no way they don't know what happened unless they orchestrated the events but they themselves were not the ones doing the actual harm to Heather .. I still think the phone records, truck and security cams and timing of everything points to the M's.

Speaking of mrs. ... how soon can she appeal and when would that hearing take place?

Can anyone tell me what happens to Sidney in November? Does he get a hearing and can the Elvises attend? Not sure how all this works.
According to this short article:
According to Peter O’Boyle with the South Carolina Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services, the parole board will meet in Columbia and hold a teleconference with Moorer from Lee Correctional Institution.
It mentions nothing about the Elvis family, but I'll keep looking, because I remember reading they would get to speak to the parole board. I just have to find where I read it.

Sidney Moorer set for probation hearing in November

According to this short article:
It mentions nothing about the Elvis family, but I'll keep looking, because I remember reading they would get to speak to the parole board. I just have to find where I read it.

Sidney Moorer set for probation hearing in November

Thanks, Surfside. Appreciate the answer to my question along with the link. I thought I read somewhere too that the Elvises could attend.

I watched the Dateline episode last night on Heather. There was a part where Terry mentions a friend visited him. He got real choked up so I couldn't understand what he said the friend had told him. Did anyone catch what was said? TIA.

I watched the Dateline episode last night on Heather. There was a part where Terry mentions a friend visited him. He got real choked up so I couldn't understand what he said the friend had told him. Did anyone catch what was said? TIA.

His friend said that he hoped Heather didn't suffer.

That was so hard to watch.

His friend said that he hoped Heather didn't suffer.

That was so hard to watch.

Yes. Even though I didn't
know what he was saying, my heart also broke for him. And you're right. That was hard to watch.How anyone could inflict that kind of pain on a family is beyond me. I would hate to live inside their head.

I can certainly see how what his friend said to him was extremely distressing to poor TE. Thank you for filling me in!

ETA: As a parent, I understand the agony a statement like that would cause.

My teen daughter didn't come home one evening (fell asleep at her girlfriends before she could call me). I was an absolute basket case envisioning all these horrible scenarios. I must have aged ten years that night, lol.

Last edited:
Yes. Even though I didn't
know what he was saying, my heart also broke for him. And you're right. That was hard to watch.How anyone could inflict that kind of pain on a family is beyond me. I would hate to live inside their head.

I can certainly see how what his friend said to him was extremely distressing to poor TE. Thank you for filling me in!

ETA: As a parent, I understand the agony a statement like that would cause.

My teen daughter didn't come home one evening (fell asleep at her girlfriends before she could call me). I was an absolute basket case envisioning all these horrible scenarios. I must have aged ten years that night, lol.

Do you have the Life360 app?

I just finished watching online. It's posted on NBC website. He said that he hoped Heather didn't suffer

If I can make a timeline of everything (HEs movements, SMs and TMs movements) will someone with the capability to do so, make a video of the phones actual movement so we can visually compare all three?

Does that make sense what I’m asking?

I just watched the show again and I think TM's interview with Dateline was in the hour between hearing we had a verdict and it being read. Remember how it was said that she was freaking out for an hour so it took a while to get her back to the courtroom? I think she did her interview in that time frame. I rewound it a couple times and replayed what she said.

"I told my kids if a verdict came in to--, I'd be going away, because I knew that's what it would be."

She stopped herself from saying "today." She knew that a quick verdict means a unanimous verdict and she was definitely hoping for a hung jury.

It's too bad TM never received any psychiatric help for her mental illness.<modsnipped against TOS> I can't help but wonder if Heather would be alive today had Tammy been diagnosed and treated.

ETA: I guess it's ironic that Tammy referred to Heather as "psycho" when she herself was the one with that problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can make a timeline of everything (HEs movements, SMs and TMs movements) will someone with the capability to do so, make a video of the phones actual movement so we can visually compare all three?

Does that make sense what I’m asking?

fyi I created a timeline regarding the cell phone locations for each.

Timelines *No Discussion Thread*

An animation was created and used during Sidney's trial. The animation can be viewed at the timestamp below:

AM of Day 4 for Moorer obstruction of justice trial

Timestamp 32:05

Sidney Moorer found guilty of obstructing justice in Heather Elvis case, gets max sentence

I asked Debbi Elvis where and when TM did the interview, she said that it was done at J Reuben Long but she didn't know when. I'm surprised that she could do an interview there and assuming it must have been after the gag order was lifted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back