GUILTY - Tammy Moorer - trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 *Appeals denied* #11

It's too bad TM never received any psychiatric help for her mental illness.<modsnipped against TOS> I can't help but wonder if Heather would be alive today had Tammy been diagnosed and treated.

ETA: I guess it's ironic that Tammy referred to Heather as "psycho" when she herself was the one with that problem.

I think she did the night she arrived at J Reuben Long, reality was really setting in for her.

fyi I created a timeline regarding the cell phone locations for each.

Timelines *No Discussion Thread*

An animation was created and used during Sidney's trial. The animation can be viewed at the timestamp below:

AM of Day 4 for Moorer obstruction of justice trial

Timestamp 32:05

Sidney Moorer found guilty of obstructing justice in Heather Elvis case, gets max sentence

Thanks!
However do we have one with TMs info too? Because there wasn’t much for SMs but TMs had quite a bit more

DATELINE NBC: PARENTS OF MISSING SOUTH CAROLINA WOMAN SPEAK OUT ABOUT DISAPPEARANCE THAT MADE NATIONAL HEADLINES

Heather Elvis’ Father tells Dateline in First National TV Interview: “We’re not giving up”

The Landing Airs Friday, November 2 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, 9 p.m. CT
Anyone have any theories as to why the pregnancy test being found in Bris bathroom trash wasn’t brought up at Sidney’s trial??
The only reasoning I can think of is that there is no proof that it was the same test that they saw Sidney purchase. It very well could have been a different test that Heather bought and used herself.

Thanks!
However do we have one with TMs info too? Because there wasn’t much for SMs but TMs had quite a bit more

During the trial the expert stated that Tammy had both phones and was using Sidney's. She had control of his phone. Sidney did not start using the phone again until 4:20 am. They were together that night.

Maybe judge wouldn't allow it in SM's trial, but TM's judge did?
I've been away for a while. Came back after seeing the Dateline special. Did anyone report on what the pregnancy test that they found in Bri's bathroom showed? As in positive or negative, or do those lines dissipate with time?

Thanks!

During the trial the expert stated that Tammy had both phones and was using Sidney's. She had control of his phone. Sidney did not start using the phone again until 4:20 am. They were together that night.

The sexually explicit messages were revealed Tuesday during testimony from Will Lynch, a North Myrtle Beach Police investigator who analyzed the Moorer family’s phone activity in the weeks before Elvis disappeared.

Lynch testified that messages indicated that Moorer confiscated her husband’s phone and used the device to sext a teen named “Caleb.”

https://nypost.com/2018/10/16/wifes...rail-trial-over-kidnapping-of-husbands-lover/

In his testimony, Lynch also said he was able to tell Tammy Moorer was using both her own phone and Sidney Moorer's phone during November and December of 2013.

During that time frame, he said Sidney Moorer's phone had communication with Elvis’ phone, a woman named Ashley and a man named Caleb.

Sexually explicit text messages were sent from Sidney’s phone to other people during this time frame as well, according to Lynch.

Lynch added that Tammy Moorer sent some messages from her phone telling people to text Sidney Moorer's phone because her battery was about to die.

‘I think you’re a little obsessed with me:’ Content of text messages focus of day seven of Tammy Moorer trial

Lynch testified Tammy had Sidney's phone from November 2nd to December 18th, 2013. He also testified there were no text messages between Tammy and Sidney on those dates until 4:37 a.m. December 18th. which read:

"From Tammy's phone to Sidney's phone asking, Can you bring me the pot stickers and orange juice? and Sidney replies yes ma'am," said Will Lynch.

Day 7 of testimony in Tammy Moorer's kidnapping trial focuses on text messages

Here's the show: The Landing

I wish we had more context to the clip of ME talking about PTL (about 2 minutes in). She says: "It's a quiet spot that you can go think. You don't get a lot of that in a small town. So when you find a spot, I mean you go all the time."

I think she's probably talking about herself (since Heather disappeared), but it's not clear.

I *think* I remember something from SM's kidnapping trial about finding something in the trash. If I remember correctly, the defense said there was a "feminine object" found in the bathroom trashcan. It was during BW's testimony and I remember her having to answer, but getting defensive about it. (They were trying to imply she was on her period and BW had to say they found an item in there). Maybe it was ruled that the item could not be identified or maybe I've lost my mind and completely made it up in my head.... Sorry for the speculation, but it's been bugging me.
JMO, MOO, etc

Am I the only one who was disappointed in the Dateline episode? It was like a knock-off version of your favorite hair product, just not good enough.
If producers have been at almost every hearing, and the trials; why not wait and make it a two hour special, instead of rushing it?

I remember that too, scaredtopost. Yes, they were implying she had her period... but i can tell you i spotted all thru my first few months... and ended up going to hospital as i thought i was miscarrying... i wasn't, i just had extra placenta. Pregnancy was smooth after that and healthy daughter. I don't know that we will every truly know the answer. I do think even the last photo of hers shows the weight gain and a puffiness of her face. Timing lines up also.

I think this case is a good example of how your personal conduct can influence the narrative that others build around you.

In particular: imagine if, rather than Tammy getting on the stand and behaving shamefully and disrespectfully towards Ms. Livesay, she had been polite and respectful. "No, that was not my truck. At the time, I was cutting bi-lo coupons with my sister." etc... Instead, she represented herself as exactly what all of us know her to be: a defensive, angry, shrew-like woman. I think that was the nail in the coffin for Tammy. Ms. Livesay, brilliant as her closing argument was, didn't have to do much after Tammy put on that display. I believe that's why Ms. Livesay was relatively quiet at the time; she knew Tammy was digging her own grave.

It's, frankly, true that the state's evidence is not all that convincing when viewed without knowing what a deranged woman Tammy is and other related information. What makes all of us want to see her go down is how disrespectfully and terribly she treated Heather in the aftermath of her disappearance and what a vile person she appears to be. Personally, I am 100% convinced of her guilt; and I am sure that at least some of my conviction is due to Tammy's consistently terrible behavior.

I *think* I remember something from SM's kidnapping trial about finding something in the trash. If I remember correctly, the defense said there was a "feminine object" found in the bathroom trashcan. It was during BW's testimony and I remember her having to answer, but getting defensive about it. (They were trying to imply she was on her period and BW had to say they found an item in there). Maybe it was ruled that the item could not be identified or maybe I've lost my mind and completely made it up in my head.... Sorry for the speculation, but it's been bugging me.
JMO, MOO, etc

Now that you mention it, I do remember that. I'd love to have Bri participate in this conversation with us!

Going back to the phone timelines the night that HE disappeared.
At 1:35am HE gets the call from SM from the payphone very shortly after being dropped off from her date. Obviously, IMO, this proves that TM and SM were stalking her during this time and knew exactly when she returned. I wonder if sometime between her phone call to her roommate and her first call reaching out to SM at the payphone if the pregnancy test was not dropped off to her with a promise that SM would return to talk about the results. Maybe he told her that he was working late at LB that night or whatever and would pick her up around 2 or so.
Then at 2:29am HE makes the 9 calls to the payphone..not knowing she was calling a payphone (maybe thinking it was a new cellphone SM snuck out and got) and gets no answer because SM told her he would pick her up.
HE starts to panic thinking she's being stood up and rather than wait on SM, she decides to drive to LB herself and talk to SM.
From 2:42-2:56am, HE sits at LB, maybe walking around the building looking for SM and calls the payphone 4 more times because he's nowhere to be found.
HE gives up and decides to drive home but then sees the SM driving past her to LB so she turns around and follows him (which would explain her driving away and then turning around from 2:57-3:01am).
From 3:02-3:15 am, IMO, the pregnancy test results are revealed to both SM and TM and TM realized that her perfect FB and Disboard life will be ruined by a child with her husbands mistress-because you can't hide something like that, TM sees red and HE is killed and disposed of in the process (possibly in LB's dumpster).
From this point on, MOO, SM has possession of HE car and cellphone because HE is, sadly, gone.
At 3:16-3:19am HE's phone is back at her residence and the calls starts to SM's CELLPHONE. As we all know, and I think HE did too, SM was not in possession of his cellphone but TM was and had been for quite sometime.
I think the original plan was to take HE's car back to her apartment and SM would hop back into his truck with TM, but TM was full of rage and excitement at this point, so she was going to make her husband suffer a bit too so she doesn't go to HE apartment like they planned and lets TM squirm for a bit. This would explain why HE's cellphone never enters her apartment. Or there were people outside the apartment area that would be able to identify SM hopping out of HE's car without HE.
After 2:56am, HE's phone never calls that payphone back again because after that SM, IMO, had her phone and was trying desperately to call TM who had HIS phone.
I don't think that HE was ever at Peachtree and it was just an isolated place to dump her car after their original plan didn't work out.
IMO, LE really zeroed in on Peachtree landing as being the sight that the abduction/murder took place and that painted them into a corner because it doesn't make sense.

I wish we had more context to the clip of ME talking about PTL (about 2 minutes in). She says: "It's a quiet spot that you can go think. You don't get a lot of that in a small town. So when you find a spot, I mean you go all the time."

I think she's probably talking about herself (since Heather disappeared), but it's not clear.

Yes, that is how I took it, that she was talking about herself after Heather disappeared. When I saw it, I was like "oh okay, that's where that came from." So, Dateline didn't get that from someone else.

Responding to Jersey girl timeline..

November 5 - December 18, 2013:
Heather had no known contact with SM

November 19, 2013
The M family left on a cross-country driving trip to Disneyland in California

Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Heather moves into a new apartment w/ BW @ 541 Whiteriver Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC (@ River Oaks Golf Plantation)

Wednesday, December 11, 2013
The M family returned home from their trip to California

Friday, December 13, 2013
Heather's last Facebook post

Tuesday, December 17, 2013
7:00 pm – SS picks HE up for their date

Wednesday, December 18, 2013:
1:12 am SM seen on surveillance parking his truck in a handicap space at the Seaboard Street WalMart
1:19 am surveillance footage of SM buying pregnancy test and a cigar at the Walmart. Paid with cash.
~1:15 -1:30 am – SS dropped HE off at her apartment were he stayed for 5 minutes, said HE didn't answer any calls during their date, she was in a good mood but tired, not crying or upset.
1:35 am – HE receives a call from SM; call was placed from a payphone & lasts 4.83 minutes (payphone at Kangaroo gas station on Seaboard Street and Mr. Joe White Avenue)
1:44 am – From her apartment, Heather called her roommate BW, who was in Florida, and spoke for 2.2 minutes; was crying and upset after the call from SM because she was trying to get her life back together after her affair with him and harassment by TM.
1:53 – 2:09 am – 10 posts are made to HE’s Tumblr account
2:29am: Heather tried to call SM back at the pay phone number 9 times, but no one answered. She never had another conversation with anyone.
~2:42 - 2:56 am - HE's phone was pinged at Longbeard's Restaurant, in the Carolina Forest area (according to GPS records). Four additional calls were placed to the pay phone during this time (not sure if that includes the 9 above)
~2:57 - 3:01 am - HE's phone pinged from Longbeard's Restaurant to Augusta Plantation Drive and back (according to GSP records)
~3:02 - 3:15 am - Fifteen GPS records indicated HE's phone was back in the area of Longbeard's. Two more calls were placed to the pay phone.
~3:16 - 3:19 am - HE's phone went from Longbeard's back to her residence. Two calls were placed to the SM's phone.
3:16am: Heather tried to call SM's cell phone, no answer
3:17am: Heather called SM's cell phone and spoke with someone for 4.15 minutes; (Phone pings place HE’s phone at her house & SM’s phone at his house)
~3:20 - 3:24 am - HE's phone remained at her residence.
~3:25 - 3:35 am - HE's phone moved from her residence on White River Drive to the Peachtree Boat Landing.
3:36am: A security camera at a private residence 1.7 miles from the M home recorded a distinctive late-model Ford F150 coming from that direction and heading toward Peachtree Landing
3:37 am - HE's phone was at Peachtree Boat Landing. Four outgoing calls were placed from that phone to SM, but there was no answer
3:39am: A security camera at a business D&S Siteworks 1.2 miles from Peachtree Landing recorded the Ford F150 heading toward the landing
3:41am: All data and GPS signals ended on Heather's phone
3:45am: The security camera at D&S Siteworks recorded the Ford F150 returning from the direction of Peachtree Landing
3:46am: The security camera at the same private residence recorded the Ford F150 returning from the direction of Peachtree Landing toward the M home
3:47 am – Suspicious activity/car report is made @ Atalaya Place, Myrtle Beach SC
~4:00 am - HCPO patrolling the area of Peachtree Boat Landing discovered HE’s car locked and abandoned with all its windows intact. No signs of Heather.

In interviews with LE, the Ms claimed that they had sexual relations in their vehicle in different areas of Myrtle Beach during the early hours of the morning Heather disappeared

The Ms made a [video=twitter;445629538278862849]https://twitter.com/marshall_staton/status/445629538278862849[/video] of $5,000

Thursday, December 19, 2013:
LE visited the M home and were allowed to check the house and camper, but found nothing

Friday, December 20, 2013:
2:15 AM Video of SM speaking with HCP for about 10 minutes, at the end of Moorer’s driveway. In the video, SM said he didn’t go to Peachtree Boat Landing and said he had ended his involvement with Elvis. "I'm trying to fix things with my wife. … I'm not denying it. I'm saying I ended it."

SM told LE he hadn't seen Heather since October; after LE confronted him with Heather's phone record, he said he last spoke to her by phone on the 18th and told her to quit calling him

January 8 - 12: Half Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World
January 11, 2014:
SM participated in a half marathon at Walt Disney World

January 17:
TM posted on Facebook that her husband had had an affair with Heather, and complained that Heather's family members were harassing them

January 19:
Searchers near the Moorer home were threatened with assault and battery by members of TM's family

January 25:
TM sent text messages saying Belize sounded good, and that she was packing her camper and running to Canada

January 28:
SM texted his sister-in-law for advice on what to do "with her acting the way she is"; SIL responded that "she needs to get sober."

February 2:
SM texted to TM that he "made a horrible choice" in his affair with Heather, but thought he could change their future together for the better

February 11

When a WMBF reporter knocked on his door, SM refused to comment on the case

Friday, February 21:

• 7:30am: LE executed search warrants at the Moorer home; SM and TM were arrested, each on charges of Obstruction of Justice and two counts of Indecent Exposure

Great post to make me think! Thank you for putting it together and bumping it.

I really want to follow through with what I'm thinking, but I would need some changes to this timeline. I think there is something to consider as to who had the phone if you change a few things. Who had Heather's phone I mean. That the reason she was posting was because she was waiting for somebody to come to her house. And they did. And they had her phone after that time.

What if the time line was updated at 2:29 a.m. and it is not assumed that Heather's phone was being used by Heather. What if we said Heather's phone was used and Say? By Heather? By Sydney? By Tammy?

And then if we change the time line at 3:20 a.m. to point out that Heather's phone .. who had it, Heather? Sydney, Tammy? And clarified that that phone was never able or did enter her apartment to clarify the timeline, it was only in the parking lot from what we have read. Would that add to anything if we made those changes for clarification?

ETA.. I recognize that was not the scenario by the prosecutor, but I think it perhaps might be more to the truth and the reason they did not point this out is because they did not have proof and it would not have gone over well with the jury? Still scratching my head but I still am wondering about this and have since the very very beginning of it all. The many phone calls back to the Payphone just made me reconsider it might be a cover-up, versus reality of her calling it back herself. Those two are conniving, especially Tammy! And since they did not think that they would be identified as being on the Payphone, it could have even been the boyfriend or somebody else that she was calling back in their mind is to an alibi or pointing it at somebody else. Like the boyfriend she just went out with or something like that.?

ETA #2 again I'm looking at the timeline 4 Tammy supposedly posting about coupons online, and perhaps that was a signal word to post somewhere else online to communicate. I know they did that in the Sievers case. If I recall correctly. They communicated by posting elsewhere online.[/QUOTE]

SM is buying the test at 1.19, calling HE at 1.35. How would he know about the possibility HE being pregnant, when they had no contact for some time?

SM is buying the test at 1.19, calling HE at 1.35. How would he know about the possibility HE being pregnant, when they had no contact for some time?

IMO, Sydney was still working at the restaurants and word had gotten around to HE's co-workers about the possibility of her being pregnant and a lot knew of the affair between the two. I'm sure that someone had told him about it.
Also, with TM having people show up at HE's work..it's possible that one of those people overheard some of HE's co-workers gossiping about it.

I've got a few questions... Looking at the dates that SM and TM were in FL or on trips... how did he even have time for a 'relationship' with HE? And how did he keep jobs when it seemed they were on the go all the time? She posts that they were gone for 2 weeks at a time.. pretty often. So many contradictions on their finances too...

I've got a few questions... Looking at the dates that SM and TM were in FL or on trips... how did he even have time for a 'relationship' with HE? And how did he keep jobs when it seemed they were on the go all the time? She posts that they were gone for 2 weeks at a time.. pretty often. So many contradictions on their finances too...

Well, she can't be believed about anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back