TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Har.

That could describe an Olds 88 -- great big comfortable grandma boat. Am I on the right track?

ETA: Or even better: a station wagon.
Not exactly, LOL! It was an "OK" car, brand new - something kids like, but not the one he would have picked for himself. It was a "watered down" version of the hot-rods driven by the bad-boys. Pure speculation on my part, since I never rode around in it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 3-speed automatic on the column. He would have wanted a red or black car.

Not exactly, LOL! It was an "OK" car, brand new - something kids like, but not the one he would have picked for himself. It was a "watered down" version of the hot-rods driven by the bad-boys. Pure speculation on my part, since I never rode around in it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 3-speed automatic on the column. He would have wanted a red or black car.

If it's the car I'm thinking it was, I don't know any boys in the 70s that wouldn't have been thrilled with it. Heck, I can't think of many that wouldn't be now. jmo

Sorry did not realize how this sounded it was not ment to sound rude or disrespectful
If I feel irritated, I figure I'm too tired to deal - it's time to clock out. I've been attacked. I know the difference. Direct questions want blunt answers. One of my "personal rules" is not to introduce anything to our conversation here that I am unwilling defend. If I can't do that without betraying the trust someone has placed in me - it's off limits.

If it's the car I'm thinking it was, I don't know any boys in the 70s that wouldn't have been thrilled with it. Heck, I can't think of many that wouldn't be now. jmo
It was "new." That was the best thing. I know how those boys felt about their cars. My 9th grade boyfriend had a Firebird 400 - TransAm it was a "grey market" car. I can still quote you all the features because they were drilled in my head. My boyfriend after that guy dumped me borrowed his dad's 8 yr old Chevy Nova for all our dates. We were together for two years. The sexiest car at Southwest High School in 1973 was a Porsche 911 Targa. I wonder what ever happened to Gil? Cars, clothes, money, "stuff" - what a terrible way to keep score? And that's High School.

We must be thinking of 2 different cars.

Were you close friends with him back then?

If you have followed my posts, you may have noticed that I have very little to say about motive. I won't start now. If the perpetrator IS close to home - then think through the motives. You can't ignore that piece. Who gains? What is at stake? Why that day and no other? What was the tipping point?

I have a few questions for who ever can answer with facts
Why would it take 43 yrs to bring justice if they have all this information.
Why are they begging for people to come forward now 43 yrs later ?why did these people not mention to LE at the time ?

Your explanation is plausible, but barely. I haven't known many mothers-in-law who would go to bat for a son-in-law. That's more difficult to understand than Cynthia Anthony's being in denial about her own daughter.
I don't know. I've never stood on my front porch and had the police ask me questions about where my 17 year-old married child might have disappeared to along with a 14 year old "friend" and a 9 year old stranger.

I do think that Tommy wrote the letter, which is difficult to explain if he didn't have some culpability.
Not hard to explain if he confesses that he wrote it to make her family calm down. According to him - maybe she had threatened to pull a stunt like this. As long as he confesses to the letter, he's just stupid. If he denies writing it, he's screwed.

Still, Cotton seems like an über-creep who hung around with other über-creeps. His possible involvement should not be dismissed out of hand. It definitely seems like there's something rotten in the state of Arnold.
Motive?
If Tommy acted alone and drowned to girls in Benbrook Lake, as you believe, he would have had to walk all the way back to the bowling alley, right? Could he have walked all that way without attracting attention to himself?
Absolutely. I did, January 5th, 1968 - after dark.
You've speculated that the army corps of engineers might already have pulled the murder car out of Benbrook Lake; perhaps a FOIA request could get you their records (probably not free of charge).
I have a simple plan.
Are there other bodies of water that might be possible grave sites? A much smaller lake or pond would work; many farms have artificial irrigation ponds deep enough to hide a submerged car.
Water, water, everywhere. This lake at that specific location fits Occam's Razor; the principle of parsinomy.

Your explanation is plausible, but barely. I haven't known many mothers-in-law who would go to bat for a son-in-law. That's more difficult to understand than Cynthia Anthony's being in denial about her own daughter.
I don't know. I've never stood on my front porch and had the police ask me questions about where my 17 year-old married child might have disappeared to along with a 14 year old "friend" and a 9 year old stranger.

I do think that Tommy wrote the letter, which is difficult to explain if he didn't have some culpability.
Not hard to explain if he confesses that he wrote it to make her family calm down. According to him - maybe she had threatened to pull a stunt like this. As long as he confesses to the letter, he's just stupid. If he denies writing it, he's screwed.

Still, Cotton seems like an über-creep who hung around with other über-creeps. His possible involvement should not be dismissed out of hand. It definitely seems like there's something rotten in the state of Arnold.
Motive?
If Tommy acted alone and drowned to girls in Benbrook Lake, as you believe, he would have had to walk all the way back to the bowling alley, right? Could he have walked all that way without attracting attention to himself?
Absolutely. I did, January 5th, 1968 - after dark.
You've speculated that the army corps of engineers might already have pulled the murder car out of Benbrook Lake; perhaps a FOIA request could get you their records (probably not free of charge).
I have a simple plan.
Are there other bodies of water that might be possible grave sites? A much smaller lake or pond would work; many farms have artificial irrigation ponds deep enough to hide a submerged car.
Water, water, everywhere. This lake at that specific location fits Occam's Razor; the principle of parsinomy.

I have a few questions for who ever can answer with facts
Q: "Why would it take 43 yrs to bring justice if they have all this information."
A: Information and "facts" are different things. None of the information led to the FACT that a crime was committed. People disappear.
Q: Why are they begging for people to come forward now 43 yrs later ?
A: One person is begging. The rest are coping with that.
Q: why did these people not mention to LE at the time?
A: Mention what? Re-state your question I'll take a shot at it.

Q: "Why would it take 43 yrs to bring justice if they have all this information."
A: Information and "facts" are different things. None of the information led to the FACT that a crime was committed. People disappear.
Q: Why are they begging for people to come forward now 43 yrs later ?
A: One person is begging. The rest are coping with that.
Q: why did these people not mention to LE at the time?
A: Mention what? Re-state your question I'll take a shot at it.
Q What they knew Like about an argument at bowling center about keeping the son, about the cars

He had a blue chevy malibu sometime during high school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member