Family, friends mourn Tigard boy (This is MY son)

Dear Seahorseladydi,

Thank you for giving the world Ethan. He must have been perfect because God chose him to be with Him.

I just recently got some baby Norway spruce trees here in Maine. I am planting one in dedication to your Ethan. He will be remembered and his life celebrated. You are in my thoughts. Emma

Last edited:
So sorry to hear. Incredibly sad.

Glad you're still hanging around with us Seahorseladydi, as sad as this board gets sometimes.
@JanetElaine
Thank you... sometimes I need a break. But, I’ve been here since 2004... I’m addicted to you all and these kids! ;)

Edited: someday I will learn how to spell. lol!

Dear Seahorseladydi,

Thank you for giving the world Ethan. He must have been perfect because God chose him to be with Him.

I just recently got some baby Norway spruce trees here in Maine. I am planting one in dedication to your Ethan. He will be remembered and his life celebrated. You are in my thoughts. Emma
@EmmaRose Thank you so much!

Edited: I push buttons too darn fast! lol

Dear Seahorse lady
Di ( you are Lady Di aka Lady Diana Spencer aka Princess Di in the U.K. She is also playing with Ethan up above, she loved children and was a children’s nanny before she met and then married Prince Charles and I’m sure they are playing games and singing songs and generally playing at being silly together).
I’m sorry to hear about Keegan , especially after he initially made significant progress only to then take a backward step and ultimately lose his life.
What a wonderful young man your son seems to be, how considerate to want to share his sorrow about his friends initial prognosis but to alert you first before he shared it that it was ‘close to home ‘. You sound like you have a wonderful relationship with him.
You will always be Ethan’s mommy and hopefully one day soon, you will also get to be a grandma and be filled with baby joy and tell your new grandchild all about Ethan. He will never be forgotten whilst you are sharing the memories of his short life with your family and friends and fellow WS’s.
I had my dad, then made Mum and then my sister all die of cancer in quick succession of one another- Dad 5 weeks diagnosis to death, Mum 8 weeks diagnosis to death and Karen 15 weeks diagnosis to death and all within 3 years. My IVF twins, Alexa and Oliver, (now 11 ) unfortunately never got to know any of them, so like you, I made it my mission to talk about them as if they still exist. My dad and I were as close as can be, idolised is a good descriptive. And he was the first to be taken, so the duck down pillow that he rested his head on when he passed, is still on my bed now and if and when I or one of the twins get upset, we reach for ‘our ‘ pillow and snuggle it and talk with ‘Grandad Ken’ . As morbid as it sounds to some, it makes us feel better. So we talk about Grandad Ken and Nanna June and aunty Karen often and keep the memories of them and their spirit alive.
I don’t mean to digress and make this post about me - my intention is to let you know that no matter what circumstance or how much time has passed, your gorgeous little man Ethan, will never be forgotten and will still be talked about in generations to come.
God bless you Lady Di, and please take good care of yourself too and as much as it’s wonderful that you care so much about these people here on WS who are missing or get tragically hurt and taken too early, please don’t take it onboard to the point of you regressing in your bereavement journey so far.
It’s so true about being in the moment because we truly do not know what tomorrow brings forth.
So I shall end with my motto -
‘Carpe Diem ‘.
Big hugs x

Just want to say how sorry I am for your loss of your beautiful son. He was so cute and I bet he lit up a room. Grief is hard to say the least, it changes over time, but it is still there to remind us of a how much we loved someone. I guess it is good to have experienced that love and joy to have those wonderful memories of him, but so terribly sad to lose it. I will keep you in my heart and prayers and pray you have more good days than bad.

Dear Seahorse lady
Di ( you are Lady Di aka Lady Diana Spencer aka Princess Di in the U.K. She is also playing with Ethan up above, she loved children and was a children’s nanny before she met and then married Prince Charles and I’m sure they are playing games and singing songs and generally playing at being silly together).
I’m sorry to hear about Keegan , especially after he initially made significant progress only to then take a backward step and ultimately lose his life.
What a wonderful young man your son seems to be, how considerate to want to share his sorrow about his friends initial prognosis but to alert you first before he shared it that it was ‘close to home ‘. You sound like you have a wonderful relationship with him.
You will always be Ethan’s mommy and hopefully one day soon, you will also get to be a grandma and be filled with baby joy and tell your new grandchild all about Ethan. He will never be forgotten whilst you are sharing the memories of his short life with your family and friends and fellow WS’s.
I had my dad, then made Mum and then my sister all die of cancer in quick succession of one another- Dad 5 weeks diagnosis to death, Mum 8 weeks diagnosis to death and Karen 15 weeks diagnosis to death and all within 3 years. My IVF twins, Alexa and Oliver, (now 11 ) unfortunately never got to know any of them, so like you, I made it my mission to talk about them as if they still exist. My dad and I were as close as can be, idolised is a good descriptive. And he was the first to be taken, so the duck down pillow that he rested his head on when he passed, is still on my bed now and if and when I or one of the twins get upset, we reach for ‘our ‘ pillow and snuggle it and talk with ‘Grandad Ken’ . As morbid as it sounds to some, it makes us feel better. So we talk about Grandad Ken and Nanna June and aunty Karen often and keep the memories of them and their spirit alive.
I don’t mean to digress and make this post about me - my intention is to let you know that no matter what circumstance or how much time has passed, your gorgeous little man Ethan, will never be forgotten and will still be talked about in generations to come.
God bless you Lady Di, and please take good care of yourself too and as much as it’s wonderful that you care so much about these people here on WS who are missing or get tragically hurt and taken too early, please don’t take it onboard to the point of you regressing in your bereavement journey so far.
It’s so true about being in the moment because we truly do not know what tomorrow brings forth.
So I shall end with my motto -
‘Carpe Diem ‘.
Big hugs x
What a beautiful post! Thank you so much for sharing about your Daddy, mum and sister! I absolutely LOVE the idea of your pillow... I’m not sure if you just use a regular pillow case on it but an idea for you... you can get t-shirts that daddy,mum & sister wore and sew up the neck you may have to sew up the side smaller to fit the pillow but ... there you go!! You can cover the duck down pillow with THEIR T-shirts!!! You can just throw them in the wash when ever needed. *I made a couple t-shirt pillows for our other boys after we lost Ethan. They slept with those things every night. Anyway!
I am looking forward to the day I can talk to my grandchildren about Ethan...... ......Someday.......

love & hugs to you! Enjoy your holidays with Oliver, Alexa & the family ;)

Just want to say how sorry I am for your loss of your beautiful son. He was so cute and I bet he lit up a room. Grief is hard to say the least, it changes over time, but it is still there to remind us of a how much we loved someone. I guess it is good to have experienced that love and joy to have those wonderful memories of him, but so terribly sad to lose it. I will keep you in my heart and prayers and pray you have more good days than bad.

@Skully
Thank you very much.

Awww, I saw there was a new post here from Seahorseladydi and I had to check in and see! I'm glad you're still around and posting. Sending hugs from the Willamette Valley <3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back