AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems to me if they were after just robbing a home they would have done it with no one there or picked another house. I think much more to this, I just don't know what I think that much more is exactly.
The whole family was often gone for long hours between work and school, regular hours. One would think it is better to burglarize an empty, isolated house even during daylight than to go in guns blazing armed robbery if theft of valuables was the motive.

Did Jim & DC have very new cars? His red truck is a standout. Sometimes when people inherit a little money they do go out and replace their old clunkers. Would nice, new cars in the driveway attract thieves in this area, or would their cars seem very normal?

Why do you think they would have picked another house ? I ask because, from my point of view, the Closs home is perfect for a random home invasion...on a main road (easy exit), back off the road and surrounded by trees (not overly visible from the road), no close neighbors, etc. etc. Just trying to understand why you think this wouldn't be a perfect house for a crime like home invasion.

I agree if home invasion was the desired thing they would have no reason to pick another house. if robbery of the home itself, not the people exactly, then a different house.

LE does this all the time with an argument that they need to keep details from the public so they can use them at trial or during an interrogation- the flip-side is that those details are of no value if you never catch anyone because you kept those to yourself. Its arrogance for them to think they have followed up completely on every lead. Someone outside might know something they don't.
I'd at least like the evidence they have of the two vehicles of interest and would like to know the proximity to where they were seen in video surveillance as well as times they were spotted. Were they spotted throughout the day? Prior days as well? They asked for info in the two weeks prior to the murder - so I wondered, do they know if the vehicles in question were local or from out of area? Why ask for info on them in the two weeks prior?

Have not posted in years but this case upsets me for some reason because a family that seems like a normal hard working middle class family is destroyed. I believe there were two people involved. This incident took place on a work/school night during this family's bedtime. I feel the family was awakened by the pounding on the door and James ran to the door to try to stop them from breaking in awhile yelling at Denise to call the police or get out of the house, and was shot at that time. Once inside one probably restrained and subdued Jayme while the other confronted Denise who saw that Jayme was restrained and she locked herself in the bathroom and dialed 911. During this time the Perp broke into the bathroom and killed Denise. Because this happened so quickly with Jayme being subdued they were able to leave before the police show up within four minutes of the call. With JC & DC being steadily employed and DC being involved with Jayme and people saying they had a good relationship I don't think Jayme was involved with her parents murder. Even though not much is said about James other than I read he was a little reclusive I feel the family loved one another. They did not seem to have a lot of people coming and going from the house. Jayme was well taken care of. I think this was done by two people who were fueled by drugs and the target was Jayme, JC & DC were collateral damage. This incident probably happened so quick the family could do nothing to protect themselves.

Welcome desertstorm. :)

Missing Person Case

Somewhere in the last thread Jayme's case was referenced in Namus. It says

"Jayme was last seen in Barron, WI on 10/15/2018 at 12:58am."

But wasn't the 911 call at 12:56am? Deputies arrived at 1:00am per call log.

What do they mean? Last seen at 12:58am?
bbm red
The call has been 12:53am (when I desperately searched for the sentence yesterday, I found always the time 12:53) and Jayme wasn't "seen" but at the most heard, IMO. So I stumbled about the same official statement ("seen" in Barron) and wondered. Thank you for finding it! :)

I'd at least like the evidence they have of the two vehicles of interest and would like to know the proximity to where they were seen in video surveillance as well as times they were spotted. Were they spotted throughout the day? Prior days as well? They asked for info in the two weeks prior to the murder - so I wondered, do they know if the vehicles in question were local or from out of area? Why ask for info on them in the two weeks prior?

These are good questions—where and when were the vehicles spotted?

So you think LE and the FBI checked out the people at their workplace, those fired recently or quit? Also, LE SHOULD be making more things public. You can't keep things secret and hope someone knows something. It's stupid IMO. Notice how this is going nowhere... :(

Yes of course the FBI would have looked at everyone at the plant, past and present, to the best of their abilities. This would be Standard Procedure.

In this case, despite not much information being released, I think LE IS aware that the public can be well utilized to their advantage, SM etc; therefore I think their quiet is more due to the fact that they have nothing useful to release to us, other than the vehicle leads, which could be huge, should these pan out. Moo.

I read the NYT article. LE says they followed up every lead and have nothing? So why not release the evidence you do have to the public? What is the reasoning for holding information to your chest. What benefit can that serve.? Personally, I want to see the autopsy information, the schematics of the house and location of bodies. Just to start ..
LE doesn’t ask “why not”, they ask “why”. If they don’t expect releasing information will help their investigation their obligation is to respect the privacy of the victims and families. I don’t suspect we’ll hear the 911 call or be privy to all the gruesome details as that doesn’t benefit the investigation.

I'm living on the hope that LE has very good reason (& I'd sure like to know the evidence) to believe that she is captive versus 'kidnapped'
Not sure what the official term would be...??

And the only reason they do not come right out with that belief is they do not want the perps to know this...they want them to feel relaxed and safe....so they mess up.........

That press conference is still peculiar to me: talking about frappucinos and Jaymes dog & etc.

Also find sheriff's statement in the NYT article that he keeps hoping he'll get a call in the middle of the night saying "We have her"...
Not, 'we have the suspects and Jayme is safe and unharmed'...

Suggests he believes that she can escape her captors and be found or that her captors just might release her....

Aside from this hope....the only rational conclusion is that, regardless of the 'why' of the crime: Jayme is deceased.....

This is where I'm at...and, for me, no point in posting more @ ideas or theories....
I hope the perps are located, and Jayme found safe & sound....

seems to me if they were after just robbing a home they would have done it with no one there or picked another house. I think much more to this, I just don't know what I think that much more is exactly.

You would think. Unfortunately there is a type out there that get a thrill that only an occupied home gives them.

I would love to see a psych avaluation that gives insight as to why that is.

I think it is just the perception of meth users. The theory that meth users are all bizarre. When in fact, there are many housewives who use meth for energy and weight control. There are many people who some would descibe as having normal lives who use meth.
As a clinician, I generally find them more dangerous to themself than others. During a psychotic event, I wouldn't imagine them being able to formulate their thoughts to participate in the critical thinking skills involved in breaking into a home , killing people, steal a teenager and leave. JMO. Now, what I can believe is robbing a home for money and property to fence.

Yes there are some people who live seemingly normal lives while using meth.

Respectfully meth heads are very capable of doing the most heinous sadistic crimes imaginable.

It is not a mere perspection. Unfortunately it is a horrifying stark reality for many of their victims and the grieving family members left behind to deal with the aftermath.

Goggle is filled with links concerning what countless meth heads have done and were capable of doing. And what they continue to do against many victims.

Who in their right mind would use meth for energy? I havent ever heard that nor do I understand why they would do such a thing?

Why would anyone want to put something so harmful in their body for recreational purposes such as an energy boost?

I have seen photos where 20 year olds look 60 in no time at all with decaying or completely missing teeth and hair once thick and full looks like it's been fried and now stringy and thin? And their skin is like an aging prune.

Jmo

I agree, OBE. I have posted and linked cases and studies in other threads highlighting the connection between meth and violent behavior. Meth is a combination of bathtubs chemicals which fries a person’s brain and severely impairs judgement and contributes to psychosis, violence, etc., imo.

As for the question if a methhead could plan and execute a crime like this, of course they could. It’s not like breaking a door down, firing shots and removing a person from the premises unwillingly requires a lot of clear thought, imo. If anything, I would say it lends itself etc to aggressive, drugged up and perhaps even impulsive behavior as equally as it may clear, methodical planning.

But this is not to say that this wasn’t planned out carefully, just saying some violent methhead freak(s) could very easily commit a crime like this imo.

Last edited:
This is the part that doesn't make any sense. The 911 call has no intelligible speech (except maybe "help") and yet something on it led LE to believe Jayme was there when the call was made. Someone help me understand that.

What if it was "Mom, help!"....that would establish Jayme's presence, but still might be described as "there was nothing on it but yelling and the word 'help'."

Yes of course the FBI would have looked at everyone at the plant, past and present, to the best of their abilities. This would be Standard Procedure.

In this case, despite not much information being released, I think LE IS aware that the public can be well utilized to their advantage, SM etc; therefore I think their quiet is more due to the fact that they have nothing useful to release to us, other than the vehicle leads, which could be huge, should these pan out. Moo.
Since they asked the public about seeing the VOI's in the area specifically between 12:30 and 1:30, maybe LE is giving us a big clue. We know the 911 call from DC's phone was at 12:53.

So can we infer that LE is indicating that Yes, the time frame of the crime really is fast based on their developed evidence, 12:30 or later until 12:54 ?

Compare to LE asking the public for sightings of the VOI's from 9:00PM or even from 11:30PM. LE gave that very tight timeline beginning with VOI's on the road at 12:30.

I would like to respost and bring forward some links which shows the type of nutjobs generally arrested for involvement in violent home invasions. Notice the abundance of duos and groups:

MPD investigates armed home invasion, woman held at gunpoint
(2 suspects)

Police arrest second suspect in violent Maplewood home invasion robbery

Two Men Arrested in Connection to Home Invasion

Armed robbers sought after violent home invasion in Studio City

Home invasion suspect nabbed: Princeton man in custody, female suspect sought

'If you shout I will kill you:' Robbers threaten, attack residents during home invasion in Wauwatosa, complaint says

3 area men charged in violent home invasion

Bond set at more than $200,000 for both suspects arrested in home invasion case

Second Person Charged in Violent Home Invasion in Groton

4 arrested after violent Gwinnett County home invasion

Deputies say two men charged in violent home invasion in Mason County

Police make third arrest in deadly home invasion

Photos released of suspects who burned boy during home invasion

Slaton man arrested in violent home invasion robbery
-note in this case the people were beaten and their guns stolen.
(Where are James ‘ guns??)

Police arrest suspects in alleged violent home invasion, Precinct 4 tweets

3 arrested in violent home invasion in Greenacres

5 people arrested in violent South Beloit home invasion

2 men charged in violent home invasion of retired Orange County couple

Chicago man wanted for violent home invasion arrested in northwest Indiana

Police search for two men after violent home invasion

2 in custody in connection with violent home invasion, Madison police say

Three arrested in connection with violent home invasion in southeastern Colorado Springs

4th arrest made in violent 2017 Ponte Vedra home invasion

3 Suspects Arrested After Violent Chino Hills Home Invasion Robbery

3rd arrest made in connection with violent home invasion

2nd suspect caught in violent home invasion

Creek County man attacked in violent home invasion: Updates
Three arrested after violent home invasion in Creek County

Police: 2nd arrest made in Glen Cove home invasion

Two Arrested In Violent Burbank Home Invasion Robbery Of Elderly Woman

The links are endless, but notice often these violent home invasions are committed by a group or at least pair of attackers.

Again, this is not to say that this was not strictly an abduction by a pedophile and that this was not a personally motivated crime; however I suppose sometimes these lines can cross. But as mentioned, generally a pedophile abductor does not go in the house and shoot the whole place up and kill the parents. They are often more the hunter/opportunistic type.

Here is one where the lines did cross:

Sex offender arrested in violent home invasion

——

I think we very likely could be looking at a pair or group of offenders, based on this type of crime, moo. Where it gets hazy though is Jayme’s abduction. But note violent individuals like this don’t have problems hurting kids sometimes. So perhaps IF random, Jayme was either a secured hostage for a clean getaway, a bonus for SA, or both.

Last edited:
We can only assume that LE will not discuss evidence of Jayme being in the home because it is evidence that can be used to question any suspects.....

Also makes me think - if there is more than one perp - that LE could ask, or present some item, etc. - and only someone there would know...and be able to verify their account...

Though makes this inquiring mind super curious as to what it could be!

Just to show how bad the Meth problem is in Barron County....This guy was selling it out of a real estate office.

Chetek man arrested in meth case

They say the search warrant stems from an investigation from the past several months along with meth purchases from Thomas at Chetek Realty.

If the mods allow, Maybe we should start a thread on the Closs's meth neighbor and do some digging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renovationsnet