TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debra's statement on here: "After leaving home she went to our mothers and ask her to go but she couldn't. Our father was struggling with malignant meloma and was have black outs and she had to be with him at all times."
And if she couldn't leave the house, was she at the shop with tt? That was his alibi

The short answers: 1) I've seen nothing that supports a public argument ever took place. 2) re: Shawn, I've seen nothing that supports he was present at all. 3) I'll take the blame for asking if a car could be missing from the original investigation - a car the police weren't aware of. I asked Rusty the first time we spoke (2009.) He wanted to call his lawyer and call me back. If it were true he should have known the answer to that question. He called back 10 minutes later. According to Rusty; yes, a car was missing. It was a Monday. I didn't believe he had talked to a lawyer. I just tried to answer his questions - mostly about people on his list. It was several years later that different people from HS supplied what I know about TT's car. People that had no reason to lie answering a question I did not ask. It just came up in conversation. I have seen nothing that supports that or any other car is missing. That's how questions become rumors and turn into "facts." I don't think out loud any more.

Cat, you said you came up with the idea that there was a "missing car".

What prompted that?

I wish we could say for certain if it was Rachel's mother or father that said they were at the shop with Rachel's husband.

On this site, I always see it attributed to Mrs. But as I posted last week, there is comment on the FB site, where a woman says that she has seen the police report and that it said Mr.

If Cotton did in fact take TT to the shop, it would make even more sense that Cotton validated the alibi.

I wish we could say for certain if it was Rachel's mother or father that said they were at the shop with Rachel's husband.

On this site, I always see it attributed to Mrs. But as I posted last week, there is comment on the FB site, where a woman says that she has seen the police report and that it said Mr.

I understood that it was a Chevrolet Impala that the group was looking for, as in it was the "missing" car.

I understood that it was a Chevrolet Impala that the group was looking for, as in it was the "missing" car.

for some reason Rusty just hasn't shut that rumor down. He's NEVER had an impala. And for a second let's say a car he had access to went messing from a transmission shop like rumors say... Where is the owner and why didn't they throw a fit because I would have. Lets remember it wasn't a car lot, it was a repair shop.

for some reason Rusty just hasn't shut that rumor down. He's NEVER had an impala. And for a second let's say a car he had access to went messing from a transmission shop like rumors say... Where is the owner and why didn't they throw a fit because I would have. Lets remember it wasn't a car lot, it was a repair shop.

People who can't afford repairs sometimes abandon the car at the repair shop.

Or divert attention from himself... If it's a stranger, there would have been no immediate attention on him.

There is also the suggestion that it was a hoax. Search previous posts if you're interested:)

I don't know how someone, not involved in a crime that hasn't been committed, posts a letter [Monday between noon and 6pm] that arrives at one of the victim's homes addressed to her husband confirming the "initial" police impression that the girls "ran away" can be a hoax - before it's on the news. The letter is critical evidence. Evidence of what? That is subject to interpretation.

I knew him in the most casual way. My dad taught history at our school. Being a teacher's kid I was acquainted with a lot of kids. There is no place to hide. If I made a mistake - feel free to correct it. My memories and recollections are my own.

Ok. Brainstorming here. That brings up something else.

If Rachel's father was housebound and her mother had to stay home with him at all times, why would Rachel have even bothered to invite her mother to go shopping?

JMO
In my mind, that wouldn't have been a kind thing to do. I would be a reminder that she couldn't leave the house.
I disagree. We were raised "Southern" and that "invitation" can be seen as a way of saying "I love you"; "I wish things were different." We cannot possibly know why Rachel asked if her mother wanted to come along. If her mother says she dropped by and invited her to go, just leave it at that. It's a tick on the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member