WI - Girl, 10, stomped head and killed baby boy in panic, Chippewa Falls, 30 Oct 2018

10-year-old girl accused of killing baby boy by stomping on his head

A 10-year-old girl has been charged in connection with the death of a 6-month old baby after allegedly stomping on the boy’s head. The girl is accused of first-degree homicide after allegedly killing the baby at an in-home day care in Tilden, Wisconsin...

From the quoted link

Chippewa County Sheriff James Kowalczyk said a doctor called his office to inform investigators that it was his belief the baby’s injuries were not an accident.

This is tragic. I was reading about this story yesterday and I'm puzzled as to why there was an older child mixed in with infants....and in the case of this incident, according to reports, actually holding an infant? If I had an infant in daycare, I would not expect the care of my baby to be carried out by minor children, at any time. I feel really blessed I was able to stay home with my children. I am heartbroken for the parents of this infant.

For what it's worth, I can't imagine, at any stage of my life, dropping any living being (doggie, kitty, hamster, guinea pig, or......a human baby!) accidentally and when it cried/whimpered choosing to stomp on its head??? WTAH? No, my first instincts would always have been to protect/soothe/and fix. Run and get help from the adult who should have been supervising....cuddle the infant (or other creature) and attempt to take them to safety/help....render aid. Not injure them further! :: shudder :: Horrifying story and again, so heartbroken for the poor parents of a helpless 6 month old baby :(

This is tragic. I was reading about this story yesterday and I'm puzzled as to why there was an older child mixed in with infants....and in the case of this incident, according to reports, actually holding an infant? If I had an infant in daycare, I would not expect the care of my baby to be carried out by minor children, at any time. I feel really blessed I was able to stay home with my children. I am heartbroken for the parents of this infant.

For what it's worth, I can't imagine, at any stage of my life, dropping any living being (doggie, kitty, hamster, guinea pig, or......a human baby!) accidentally and when it cried/whimpered choosing to stomp on its head??? WTAH? No, my first instincts would always have been to protect/soothe/and fix. Run and get help from the adult who should have been supervising....cuddle the infant (or other creature) and attempt to take them to safety/help....render aid. Not injure them further! :: shudder :: Horrifying story and again, so heartbroken for the poor parents of a helpless 6 month old baby :(

My understanding is that the 10 year old was living in the house and the daycare owner was the foster parent of the 10 year old. And that the daycare owner told the older kids to stay outside so the infant could sleep, but the kids would randomly shuffle in and out (I get it, kids gotta go to the bathroom and stuff). Which leads me to believe the 10 year old actively approached and picked up the sleeping infant. I don’t say this to absolve the daycare owner of any responsibility. I just don’t get the vibe that the daycare owner had the 10 year old look after the baby. I think the 10 year old went into the house on her own accord and what happened next is very, very unfortunate.

You are quite lucky that you are in the position to stay home to raise your kids. Many aren’t as lucky. For all i know, the infant could have been in the daycare before the 10 year old was placed into the foster home. Very sad for the infants parents. Terrible.

At 10 I think she knew what she did was wrong and that’s why she panicked and didn’t want to get in trouble but I’m not sure she was mature enough to figure out kids bump their heads and cry all the time. I think her thought was to shut him up before she was found out.
But stomping on the head feels... violent. Over kill. Jmo.

This is devastating for everyone involved. However I don't understand why it's so suprising or problematic that a 10 year old would be allowed to pick up a 6 month old. My daycare provider has a 9 year old daughter who adores my kids and has held and carried them since they started daycare. She loves babies and is a wonderful helper to her Mom and I like that my babies get extra attention and snuggles from her. Also my neighbors 8, 10 and 12 year old girls adore my babies and always pick them up and help with them. I think the 10 year old obviously had some serious issues but I don't think the problem is that she was holding the baby in the first place, the problem was her impulse to injure the baby when she dropped it.

I present to you a case that I cannot fully discuss due to my profession.
12 year old girl playing with 4 year old girl cousin. 4 year old gets hurt, starts crying to get the 12 year old in trouble. 12 year old freaks and (uses something very common and close by) covers the girls mouth and nose accidentally suffocating her.

1st degree murder?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back