AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeah, one of mine uses IG quite a bit. I have one who uses many platforms and one that doesn't. She uses IG sparingly, Facebook rarely, is anti-snapchat and uses Pinterest for creative purposes. Both have twitter, but its used more as a newsfeed and they rarely ever tweet. They have always been very different in the ways that they interact on SM. Staying on topic, I think that it is important to note that our young people are not all cookie cutter people and you can't paint them all with the same brush. While we cannot predict exactly how Jayme interacted on SM based on our own kids, it can give us avenues to investigate and speculate.

EDIT: Sorry. The reply function apparently didn't work.

oh yeah, one of mine uses IG quite a bit. I have one who uses many platforms and one that doesn't. She uses IG sparingly, Facebook rarely, is anti-snapchat and uses Pinterest for creative purposes. Both have twitter, but its used more as a newsfeed and they rarely ever tweet. They have always been very different in the ways that they interact on SM. Staying on topic, I think that it is important to note that our young people are not all cookie cutter people and you can't paint them all with the same brush. While we cannot predict exactly how Jayme interacted on SM based on our own kids, it can give us avenues to investigate and speculate.

EDIT: Sorry. The reply function apparently didn't work.
My oldest is only 9 and her friends are using fb messenger and some have their own phones. We let her talk to a few people but she uses dad's phone to do it so we can see everything she does. I know kids that have had fb pages since they were 6 or 7.

JMO
I agree. It seems the only logical explanation as to why she was taken is that she was the main target and they wanted her.

I contemplated that maybe they couldnt get themselves to kill a younger witness but when you consider how violent the killings were of the adults then it seems likely the killer(s) would have had no problem killing her as well.

We have heard about other cases where an infant is spared because the killers knew the infant could not identify them. The Ohio massacre of eight related family members comes to mind where they left an infant living. But in this case she was old enough to identify them and since they had no problem killing the adults I dont think they would have had a problem killing her too unless she was their motive for being there.

Link below is for the Ohio massacre.

Brutal unsolved killing of eight members of Ohio family was systematically executed, autopsy shows

If Jayme was not the specific target of the assault, she could have been taken as a hostage. The killer(s) might have been aware that someone had made a 911 call and taken her as a potential shield against the soon-to-be-arriving police.

JMO
I agree. It seems the only logical explanation as to why she was taken is that she was the main target and they wanted her.

I contemplated that maybe they couldnt get themselves to kill a younger witness but when you consider how violent the killings were of the adults then it seems likely the killer(s) would have had no problem killing her as well.

We have heard about other cases where an infant is spared because the killers knew the infant could not identify them. The Ohio massacre of eight related family members comes to mind where they left an infant living. But in this case she was old enough to identify them and since they had no problem killing the adults I dont think they would have had a problem killing her too unless she was their motive for being there.

Link below is for the Ohio massacre.

Brutal unsolved killing of eight members of Ohio family was systematically executed, autopsy shows

I thought of age being a factor as well but I think it depends on the circumstances. This case happened in PA a day after the Closs case. Three murdered (one was a 10 year old child) but 4 other children (ages 4-9) were were not killed. One was a witness but the others were upstairs. One of the articles (tried to locate it again but no luck) included a statement by one of the men charged. I don't recall the specifics but arrestee. Steven Procopio, told police that murder was not part of the plan and he tried to stop it. Who knows if that is true but 4 children survived. A nine year old witness isn't far from Jayme's age even though there would be a difference in maturity and response.
Girl witnessed New Castle triple homicide, prosecutors say; third suspect sought

d

Sheriff stated "Now we are looking at a couple other (kinds of) red cars. We're not 100 percent sure."

From Barron Newspaper this morning.

This is disappointing to me. If you release a make/model/color of a vehicle and say you aren't interested in tips that don't match, then you better be pretty darn sure you are right about the make/model/color.

d

Sheriff stated "Now we are looking at a couple other (kinds of) red cars. We're not 100 percent sure."

From Barron Newspaper this morning.

I find that so disheartening. When they had the 2 different VOI’s posted, they specifically said they would not follow up on any tips other than those particular makes/models listed. Now to hear them say they aren’t 100% sure about the model of red car, makes me wonder what could have been missed in these last few weeks, as the majority of people would be disregarding anything other than a challenger (aside from the black SUV of course)
:(

If Jayme was not the specific target of the assault, she could have been taken as a hostage. The killer(s) might have been aware that someone had made a 911 call and taken her as a potential shield against the soon-to-be-arriving police.

Yes but the question remains...it is weeks later. What on earth do you do with her after the getaway? Not to be insensitive to teens, or those with teens...but except for purposes no one cares to spell out...I can’t imagine wanting a teen not your own. They would not be easy to hide, manage, explain her presence, etc...would require food, clothing, personal care items...we are talking almost a month later...I can’t picture it.

What red car?

FBI & Sheriff, at press conference said they had two vehicles of interest that were in the area at the time-one a red Dodge Challenger.
A red car was pulled from the river but said to be reported stolen and unrelated.
Yesterday, people sending in tips about red Challengers are being told they are not looking for the red Challenger anymore.
Today, allegedly behind a paywall article, the Sheriff indicated they may be looking at a different model red car, not a Challenger.

Does that answer your Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members