Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can withdraw his plea before the judge approves it and he's sentenced, if he is withdrawing it for "fair and just reasons" per CO law.

That's why the DA won't release "investigative" info prior to sentencing.

But that's things like ineffective assistance of counsel, he didn't understand the plea, etc. And I think he'd have to have real proof of that.

IMO this is a done deal.

Colorado Criminal Law – Withdrawing A Guilty Plea – Immigration Issues
Dear Gitana1, Thank you so much for all the reliable information and insight you have provided. We are so lucky to have you!

He's admitted that all the murders were premeditated.

Oh yes I know. But the poster I was responding to was says bfn we don't have evidence of premeditation. I was explaining that the fact hat he strangled three people necessarily shows premeditation for at least two.

Oh I've suspected he planned this for a while.

Having watched a lot of sentencings on youtube, I believe he will have to sit through victim impact statements AND there will be cameras.

November 19.

The DA also said he can reveal more after that date. And then I assume we will see the autopsy reports and hopefully the interrogation video. So I think we will indeed learn a lot more about what he did.

I hate him so much.
Hey Tigerlily, do I remember you from the Michelle Young case?

Oh yes I know. But the poster I was responding to was says bfn we don't have evidence of premeditation. I was explaining that the fact hat he strangled three people necessarily shows premeditation for at least two.

Oh I've suspected he planned this for a while.
Me too. After the pregnancy and during the 5 weeks apart is my guess.

@gitana1 , I am curious about the 2nd mention of restitution from the Written Waiver and Guilty Plea, it states:

'Furthermore, the Defendant agrees to pay restitution covering the actual costs of specific future treatment pursuant to C.R.S 18-1.3-603(1)(c)'

Which states:

(1) Every order of conviction of a felony, misdemeanor, petty, or traffic misdemeanor offense, except any order of conviction for a state traffic misdemeanor offense issued by a municipal or county court in which the prosecuting attorney is acting as a special deputy district attorney pursuant to an agreement with the district attorney's office, shall include consideration of restitution.  Each such order shall include one or more of the following:
(c) An order, in addition to or in place of a specific amount of restitution, that the defendant pay restitution covering the actual costs of specific future treatment of any victim of the crime;  

Can you tell me what this means? I don't want to sound callous but, the victims are the crime are dead, and as such I don't see how there would be specific future treatment that would incur cost.

Is this in relation to the family?

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...2018CR2003/Written Waiver and Guilty Plea.pdf

Colorado Revised Statutes Title 18. Criminal Code § 18-1.3-603 | FindLaw

@gitana1 , I am curious about the 2nd mention of restitution from the Written Waiver and Guilty Plea, it states:

'Furthermore, the Defendant agrees to pay restitution covering the actual costs of specific future treatment pursuant to C.R.S 18-1.3-603(1)(c)'

Which states:

(1) Every order of conviction of a felony, misdemeanor, petty, or traffic misdemeanor offense, except any order of conviction for a state traffic misdemeanor offense issued by a municipal or county court in which the prosecuting attorney is acting as a special deputy district attorney pursuant to an agreement with the district attorney's office, shall include consideration of restitution.  Each such order shall include one or more of the following:
(c) An order, in addition to or in place of a specific amount of restitution, that the defendant pay restitution covering the actual costs of specific future treatment of any victim of the crime;  

Can you tell me what this means? I don't want to sound callous but, the victims are the crime are dead, and as such I don't see how there would be specific future treatment that would incur cost.

Is this in relation to the family?

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/Written Waiver and Guilty Plea.pdf

Colorado Revised Statutes Title 18. Criminal Code § 18-1.3-603 | FindLaw

Yes. Shanann's parents and brother are victims per the statute as they are immediate relatives to her.

But restitution can also be paid to the state in many states.

JMO
Catching up and glad to hear he finally admitted it.

What a fool he was to even think he was going to get away with this.

If criminals like him would just think things through a little further before they act then a lot of crime could be prevented.

All one had to do is think of who the suspects would be in this crime and all targets would point right at him.

Having the sexual escapades outside of the marriage was bound to be found out so did he not even think LE would find out about those. And with forensics the way it is these days LE can prove pretty much everything.

His beginning story of them disappearing was so foolish because all her friends knew she was not planning on going anywhere. And no kidnapper would take her and the kids. It was crazy story.

And then he changed his story to his silly and foolish other story which made no sense because the kids were dead so he could not have caught her in the act at the end.

The only thing that would have been slightly more believable would have been if he claimed he killed her in a fit of rage after finding out she already killed the kids. But even that would have been found out eventually because she loved her kids. She had no reason to kill them.

He was just foolish and did not think things through at all.

I have never understood why someone like him would not just divorce and leave if they are unhappy. Go through the normal channels and sure if you have to pay some child support then so be it because you had the kids too.

Just an arrogant fool and he deserves where he will end up for life. He deserves more but at least there will not be the death row bleeding hearts to help him.

‘His story didn’t work’: How Chris Watts defense lawyers convinced him to plead guilty to murdering his pregnant wife and two daughters
It appeared that investigators never believed this claim, and it now looks as though Watts’s defense team knew he didn’t have a case.

A source with knowledge of the investigation told People magazine that Watts resisted admitting to the crimes, but that his attorneys convinced him to plead guilty in order to avoid the death penalty.

“The evidence against him was overwhelming,” the source reportedly said.

“There was physical evidence and his own words that would convict him. His story didn’t work. He got angry. He didn’t want to plead guilty. But he really had no choice, considering the evidence. It took a little bit of time for him to come around, but he did.”
As I read this I keep thinking about Scott Peterson. He was every bit as guilty as CW with about as much evidence stacked against him, but Peterson plead not guilty, and still proclaims his innocence today, but he is sitting on Death Row, and CW won’t be. Peterson has never been granted an appeal, either. Will this case serve as a lesson to future Family Annihilators? If you get caught you’re better off pleading guilty?

Earlier on the threads, weeks ago, ppl were saying that the house has appreciated so much that the sale of it would yield 100k profit. Sorry I don't have a link, it was a discussion between real estate savvy posters regarding that particular house. IMO IIRC IIRC IIRC

I remember those conversations as well. However, I don’t recall the dollar amounts. I’m not sure if CW or SW had a 401k, stocks, etc., but if they did, perhaps her family would be entitled to it.

BBM

That didn't cross my mind, but I could definitely see that, too.

What is the normal procedure on people being put in the general prison population? Would he automatically be put in general population or would they probably assume he was a likely target and not do that right away?

Anyone think he will be put into the general population?
From what I’ve read in the Jeffery Dahmer case, he was in solitary confinement but then requested to be put in with the general population. He only lasted 2.5 yrs in prison before being killed by a fellow inmate. I’m thinking CW will be put in solitary unless he requests otherwise.

From what I’ve read in the Jeffery Dahmer case, he was in solitary confinement but then requested to be put in with the general population. He only lasted 2.5 yrs in prison before being killed by a fellow inmate. I’m thinking CW will be put in solitary unless he requests otherwise.
Makes sense. With his concern about appearances and his introversion and the likelihood of him being targeted due to his crimes and his high profile, I would be surprised if he asked to be put in general population.

Wow. I am not shocked that he is responsible. I am shocked, however, that he admitted his role in their deaths.

While I remain sorrowful for the families involved, I am relieved that SW's family does not have to endure a horrific trial.

Peace and love to all. May today bring brightness rather than pain in the world.

I agree, and am also shocked about his guilty pleas. Wow.

I personally hope he does not speak at his sentencing. I don’t want to hear a peep out of him...he’s a liar, FOS, and I don’t want to hear him rationalize, apologize or anything. Nothing he could say would be credible to my mind. Good riddance to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288