Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On what day did Hillegas provide the day planner as evidence to the police and is there a printout/screenshot of what was written in the day planner ?
According to Monday’s motion, a page from Teresa Halbach’s day planner puts Hillegas inside her vehicle after she went missing and by all accounts after she’d been killed.

“It is undisputed that Ms. Halbach’s day planner was in Ms. Halbach’s vehicle at the time of her murder,” the motion reads. “It is undisputed that Mr. Hillegas, who was in possession of the day planner, gave the one-page document to a friend of Ms. Halbach, who turned it over to police on November 3, 2005.”

Whew. Just read all 50 pages of this. When I saw MaM1 I thought he was guilty. When I saw MaM2 I wasn't sure. Then when I read this thread I'm convinced now that he's guilty again so I voted "he did it". I'm looking forward to "Convicting a Murderer" if that ever sees the light of day. I will say though that I love KZ and she was part of the reason I kept watching. I could listen to her all day even though I disagree with her.

hi katchoo!

i find it interesting that you changed your opinion a few times. if "guilty" is your final answer, i assume, i'd like to know why you arrived at that conclusion.

well,
you think it was all an, elaborate plan from avery.. a big f* you, to all those who failed him.? women, and especially, authorities...?
following her... killing her... bring all the evidence back to his place...?
or was he just mad? i mean, insane... all the years in prison can screw you up, of course.

upload_2018-11-7_12-24-18.png

The above is Bryan's statement - why would Bobby tell Bryan that if Teresa was still missing and her car had not even been found yet ?

hi katchoo!

i find it interesting that you changed your opinion a few times. if "guilty" is your final answer, i assume, i'd like to know why you arrived at that conclusion.

well,
you think it was all an, elaborate plan from avery.. a big f* you, to all those who failed him.? women, and especially, authorities...?
following her... killing her... bring all the evidence back to his place...?
or was he just mad? i mean, insane... all the years in prison can screw you up, of course.

It was really just a combination of everything that sits against SA. Reading all this thread I just found myself convinced more by those saying he was guilty than by those saying he's innocent.

I think it was most likely a sexually motivated attack, probably planned, but who knows really?

According to Monday’s motion, a page from Teresa Halbach’s day planner puts Hillegas inside her vehicle after she went missing and by all accounts after she’d been killed.

It is undisputed that Ms. Halbach’s day planner was in Ms. Halbach’s vehicle at the time of her murder,” the motion reads. “It is undisputed that Mr. Hillegas, who was in possession of the day planner, gave the one-page document to a friend of Ms. Halbach, who turned it over to police on November 3, 2005.”

It is not undisputed as KZ claims - no one knows if TH quickly stopped home and left her day planner. Also, why are there no afternoon appointments written down for 10/31 ?

Teresa also made a call at 12:44pm that bounced off her home cell tower meaning she could have indeed been driving @ 11:35am, spoke with Denise and got off the road to a take a note and then went home perhaps to have something to eat and left her planner at home.

IIRC, Teresa also had a Palm Pilot that was found in the burn barrel.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Exhibit-45-Halbach-day-planner.pdf

How do you know Bryan is not lying under oath ?

First of all, you completely disregarded or ignored 2 points i made here where it is 100% clear that Bobby lied under oath.

As for the first point which you dispute:

I don't know that for sure. I do know his story hasn't changed since day one. Bobby's has changed numerous times. Regardless, that is not the point. The point is Bobby's story is disputed by his own brother. An unbiased jury has to make these determinations.

The original jury, whether biased or not (I believe it was a biased jury) did not have anywhere near the information they should have to make a sound decision.

The Avery trial was all folks talked about in Twin Rivers and Manitowoc and this guy comes forward 10 years later with info that might have exonerated SA at the time ????? And once again, how did this guy know that the vehicle he saw by the bridge was Teresa's ? Did he snap a pic of the license plate ? No other green RAV4s around ?

He did come forward 13 years ago. To Andrew Colborn. That is the whole point.

How do you know that she forget her day planner that day and was just writing notes on scrap paper ? Is there an image of the actual day planner for 10/31/05 ?

I'm not sure what you are asking here, maybe a grammatical and spelling error??

Are you asking if she forgot her day planner or didn't forget her day planner.

Yes, the day planner sheet is available to us. Why are you asking me questions that you already know the answer to?

I'm not sure what you are asking here, maybe a grammatical and spelling error??

Are you asking if she forgot her day planner or didn't forget her day planner.

Yes, the day planner sheet is available to us. Why are you asking me questions that you already know the answer to?

You need to chill out - this is a discussion forum not a court of law. I just found the image of the day planner
today and there's is nothing on it that proves she didn't leave it at home before her afternoon appts.

He did come forward 13 years ago. To Andrew Colborn. That is the whole point.

There is no point if he did not pursue it once the Avery trial started. And it is just his word and nothing else and no proof that it was even TH's car.

First of all, you completely disregarded or ignored 2 points i made here where it is 100% clear that Bobby lied under oath.

As for the first point which you dispute:

I don't know that for sure. I do know his story hasn't changed since day one. Bobby's has changed numerous times. Regardless, that is not the point. The point is Bobby's story is disputed by his own brother. An unbiased jury has to make these determinations.

The original jury, whether biased or not (I believe it was a biased jury) did not have anywhere near the information they should have to make a sound decision.

So has SA's and so has BD's

You need to chill out - this is a discussion forum not a court of law. I just found the image of the day planner
today and there's is nothing on it that proves she didn't leave it at home before her afternoon appts.

You said you watched MaM2 no?

Regardless, We have had access to the day planner sheet for quite some time now. I just figured since you seem to have the finer details of this case memorized that you would have been well aware of this. My bad.

The timeline is too tight for her to have gone home to just leave her day planner sheet and immediately leave again.

Again, this is for a jury to decide, not me and you. Zellner can make her arguments and Fallon can make his. The fact remains, the original jury did not have even a fraction of the information they should have to make a sound decision in the interests of Justice for Teresa.

And I am quite chill thank you. Some even call me Cool. :cool:

Last edited:
So has SA's and so has BD's

you still haven't addressed 2/3 of my main points proving that Bobby lied under oath.

SA's story has been rock solid the same since day 1.
BD doesn't have a story to tell. The two crooked LEO's Fassbender and Wiegert had to do it for him.

There is no point if he did not pursue it once the Avery trial started. And it is just his word and nothing else and no proof that it was even TH's car.

Huh? How could he pursue it once the trial started? He reported it to one of the other crooked LEO Andrew Colborn, exactly when he should have.. How was he supposed to know Colborn was going to lie under oath?

@proudfootz
now i got it. you mean that colbourn saw, or was even physically there, at the RAV4, after rhemlow(?) made the call... but didn't give a damn. (cause the car is not at avery's..)

i always thought: weigert gave colbourn the description of the missing persons car, and colbourn has a habit of double-checking everything, hence he called dispatch... but he didn't say that specifically on the stand (colbourn) if i remember. he seemed completely uncomfortable.

you still haven't addressed 2/3 of my main points proving that Bobby lied under oath.

SA's story has been rock solid the same since day 1.
BD doesn't have a story to tell. The two crooked LEO's Fassbender and Wiegert had to do it for him.

Sure it has ...

Timeline of Halbach case

And BD had plenty of say - always some truth sandwiched between a pack of lies. Amazing how conversant he was up in Crivitz and then could hardly get it out in March 2016.

You said you watched MaM2 no?

Regardless, We have had access to the day planner sheet for quite some time now. I just figured since you seem to have the finer details of this case memorized that you would have been well aware of this. My bad.

The timeline is too tight for her to have gone home to just leave her day planner sheet and immediately leave again.

Again, this is for a jury to decide, not me and you. Zellner can make her arguments and Fallon can make his. The fact remains, the original jury did not have even a fraction of the information they should have to make a sound decision in the interests of Justice for Teresa.

And I am quite chill thank you. Some even call me Cool. :cool:

I haven't posted on this case in quite some time but did see MaM2. Nothing that was presented there convinced me that SA had nothing to do with it in fact the whole series is all pro-SA. Brain fingerprinting ? Why not a simple set of lie detector tests administered by multiple parties ?

As to the timeline, what about the call she made @ 12:44pm that bounced off the tower closest to her home ?
There is nothing on the day planner that indicates it was in the Rav4 when TH went to the salvage yard.

Thanks for telling me a jury has to decide - IMO, Zellner will never get the chance.

And this is an anonymous internet forum - everyone is cool.

Huh? How could he pursue it once the trial started? He reported it to one of the other crooked LEO Andrew Colborn, exactly when he should have.. How was he supposed to know Colborn was going to lie under oath?

The "witness" could have pursued it numerous times before he sent the message to ST. How do you know Colborn lied under oath ? And how many appeals have SA/BD gone through that I'm sure made big news in Twin Rivers ? And finally, where is the proof it was TH's car by the bridge on 11/4, 11/5. EVERYONE has a cell phone now and did in 2005. Why didn't he snap a photo of the license plate if he knew there was a flyer out on 11/4 for the missing girl ?

Any resident of Twin Rivers and supporter of BD/SA could come forward and say they saw TH's car off Avery property between 10/31 and 11/4. Without a dated pic, it's useless information as is saying you reported it to Colborn. There is no proof of the conversation, only the words of the "witness".

View attachment 154413

The above is Bryan's statement - why would Bobby tell Bryan that if Teresa was still missing and her car had not even been found yet ?

ok wait... I'm confused lol Since you think SA is guilty, this statement actually looks bad for Bobby or good for SA, doesn't it? That was on the 3rd, why did Bobby assume she was dead? I can understand why they were discussing it, that was the night that Colborn showed up around 6:30pm... and around 7pm is when Steve and Chuck went to Menards. I wonder around what time Bobby would have said that to Bryan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998