CA - Multiple casualties after 'active shooter' opens fire, Thousand Oaks, 08 Nov 2018

Thank you inthedetails. I thought SURELY WS was on it but then couldnt find one anywhere. Thank u so much

From NBC Pete Williams-

29 yr old male from Ventura County. Lived with his mother. Know name but not releasing.
Identified by heavy tattoos and fingerprints.

Had a Glock.
Searching house now/ soon.

JMO

I am so shocked and deeply, deeply saddened. This is so heart-wrenching.

These were kids who went out for a fun and relaxing time at a bar that had "college night".

The students put their worries about upcoming exams away for one night to go out and have some enjoyment with their friends.

This is so unbelievably hard.

My heart goes out to everyone there and all of the loved ones who have suffered a tremendous loss.

Thank you Margarita. Sad we have a separate forum for this now.. I looked in the usual places then accidentally started another thread. My newly 18 year old is living in TO and I havent heard from her...but of course its 6am there. She has been going to clubs since she turned 18 3 days ago (ah to be young again) but surely she did not choose this one on that day.
Either way, our family calls that area home. We left there in March and miss it terribly...TO is a beautiful SAFE little town and this breaks my heart

Thank you Margarita. Sad we have a separate forum for this now.. I looked in the usual places then accidentally started another thread. My newly 18 year old is living in TO and I havent heard from her...but of course its 6am there. She has been going to clubs since she turned 18 3 days ago (ah to be young again) but surely she did not choose this one on that day.
Either way, our family calls that area home. We left there in March and miss it terribly...TO is a beautiful SAFE little town and this breaks my heart

I know how scary that is. I am sure that she will be okay. I went to Los Cerritos for junior high in TO.

I am so shocked and deeply, deeply saddened. This is so heart-wrenching.

These were kids who went out for a fun and relaxing time at a bar that had "college night".

The students put their worries about upcoming exams away for one night to go out and have some enjoyment with their friends.

This is so unbelievably hard.

My heart goes out to everyone there and all of the loved ones who have suffered a tremendous loss.
I agree! I have college-aged kids and if they told me they were going on to this event, I would say, "Sounds like fun!"

Very sad for everyone connected to this case....and, let's face it, we're all connected to these mass shooting cases.

jmo

My kids all went to Moorpark but used to "hang out" down in TO. Mikayla is living in Newbury Park now and I know she had been to a couple places off 101 Monday night. This being an advertised College Night scares me but again, surely she is fine. I am just so so sad that it happened. I read about them on the news but when its YOUR TOWN....its just...different. Hard to explain. I'm very grateful that I was sleeping last night. Reading back thru this thread just now has been so frightening. Im sorry, Margarita, that you were so affected, you have such a kind heart. I wouldn't have made it through the night

California shooting: Sheriff's Sgt. Ron Helus "died a hero" in mass shooting at Borderline Bar in Thousand Oaks, CA - CBS News

A sheriff said a sergeant who was killed when a gunman fatally shot 12 people inside a crowded Southern California bar "died a hero." Ventura County Sheriff Geoff Dean said sheriff's Sgt. Ron Helus, a 29-year veteran, was among the first officers to respond to the scene and was shot after he entered the building.

"Ron was a hardworking, dedicated sheriff's sergeant, he was totally committed. He gave his all. And tonight, as I told his wife, he died a hero because he went, he went in to save lives, to save other people's lives," Dean said.

Procession set for Ventura County Sheriff's Sergeant killed in Thousand Oaks shooting

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 4.58.37 AM_1541685589176.png_102651766_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Sgt. Ron Helus rushed to the Borderline Bar and Grill after reports of a shooting and was met with gunfire. He was a 29-year veteran with the department, and had plans on retiring next year. Sgt. Helus was rushed to the hospital where he later died.

The procession is set to take place today, November 8, at 10 a.m. He will be transported via motorcade from Los Robles Hospital to westbound Janns Road. From there, the motorcade will travel southbound on Lynn Road to U.S. 101 northbound to the Ventura County Medical Examiner's Office in Ventura.

Danny Max on Twitter | 5:50 AM (PST) - 8 Nov 2018

Across the street from base camp following #Borderlineshooting. Massive law enforcement presence includes FBI, ATF, Ventura County officials. 13 dead, about a dozen injured. More at 6 am on #TheMorningNews@KEYTNC3⁩ ⁦@KCOY

DrfCTuVU8AcOLjK.jpg

Evan Bell on Twitter | 6:26 AM (PST) - 8 Nov 2018

A father is waiting to learn the fate of his son following a mass shooting at a Thousand Oaks, CA bar that left 12 victims dead, including a Ventura County Sheriff's Sergeant. The shooter is also deceased and the investigation is ongoing #LiveOnK2

(*video of father at link)

FOX 5 San Diego on Twitter | 6:41 AM (PST)- 8 Nov 2018

Picture of the Borderline Bar and Grill, the scene of a mass shooting in Thousand Oaks, California where 12 people died, including a Ventura County Sheriffs Department sergeant http://via.kswbtv.com/fKv6n

DrfN9atU0AQ4wA5.jpg

Rest in peace officer Ron.. I'm sorry we live in such an ugly world that you did not get to retire after all your years service...

My thoughts also go out to all of the victims, their families and police... Those left behind will yet again not be able to understand this heinous act and will forever be changed by one persons actions...

Long had been cleared by mental health experts after an incident in his home in April, sheriffs revealed on Thursday morning.

California shooting: Twelve dead at Thousand Oaks music bar | Daily Mail Online

The gunman shot himself before SWAT teams got inside. He was dressed in all-black, wearing a baseball cap, sunglasses and a mask covering the bottom part of his face.

'He had a black mask, it looked like a bandanna, on the bottom of his face, sunglasses dark hoodie, dark jeans. He was kind of bigger, more burly. Scary,' the 21-year-old said.

Teylor Whittler, another witness, said the gunman had 'perfect form' and 'looked like he knew what he was doing.'

This is beyond heartbreaking.
Rest In Peace officer Helus.
45688920_2475192032507502_3906129372523790336_n.jpg

Chi in Memphis

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads