Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frederick murder suspect, Chris Watts, reaches plea deal. Watts was accused of murdering his pregnant wife and young daughters. @CBSDenver is gathering details on this developing story.
Dillon Thomas on Twitter

DrWSMoTX4AEzhV0.jpg

Chris Watts Reaches Plea Deal In Murder Case To Avoid Death Penalty
GREELEY, Colo. (CBS4) – Chris Watts and his attorney’s have reached a plea deal in highly-watched murder case out of Frederick. Watts is accused of killing his wife, Shanann, and his two young daughters, Bella and Celeste.

Shanann was pregnant with their third child, a boy.

Details of the plea deal have not been released.

20181015__16TCAwattsw~1_300.jpg

Watts, 33, pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree murder after deliberation and two counts of first-degree murder of a victim under the age of 12 in a position of trust for in the deaths of his wife Shanann and two daughters Celeste and Bella in August, according to a news release from the Weld County District Attorney's Office.

Watts also pleaded guilty to unlawful termination of a pregnancy, and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body.

The news release stated the plea deal was made with the agreement of the victims' family. In exchange for pleading guilty to all nine charges, prosecutors have agreed not to seek the death penalty.

Christopher Watts pleads guilty to murder of wife and daughters

Please continue the discussion here and please note that the victim-friendly rule applies to Shan'ann (and Nico), Bella, CeCe, Shan'ann's family members and friends, and the Watts family as well. The person responsible for all of these murders is Chris Watts. In addition to murdering his family, he has also victimized many other innocent people.

MOD NOTE

Please don't discuss other WS members on the thread. This includes VIs.

Also, a reminder that WS does not condone violence of any kind, including wishing violence on a convicted criminal. You can think whatever you want or discuss it with each other privately, but don't post it on the thread.

No rumors, everyone. And you all must stop talking about other posters. These are TOS violations.

There are no winners in this incredibly sad case. A family was destroyed with violence and the living victims will likely never recover emotionally or psychologically.

MOD NOTE

Do not sleuth CW's AP. She's remained mostly anonymous so far and we don't need to change that. There's no evidence that she had anything to do with the murders or knew that CW was going to murder his entire family.

Are we allowed to talk about murder rap sesh episode and inside information they have?
Hi Violet101,

I am going to have to say no to the podcast. No offense to the women hosting the podcast but it contains rumors and statements that cannot be backed up with any sort of evidence.

Some of the things said on the podcast would cause this thread to explode into a fireball of anger like never before on Websleuths.

Again, I am not trying to disrespect the hosts but it is not a show for Websleuths.

Tricia

Not sure how to bring the quote over from the last thread but someone posted CW is feeling newly energized. Is there a link to a new news story?

ETA: Ok I see it’s from the People article from 2 days ago.

IMO it makes the most sense that he killed the girls first. He had them there alone for hours that became even more hours when her flight was delayed. Then check _/ that’s done and all he has to do is sit and wait for SW to get home. Then after she and the baby are done, he can think about his cover up. Not that he did that effectively. I too believe NUA had a hand in messing up his plans though.

Why wait for her to get home to start killing? It just doesn’t make sense to me.

IMO it makes the most sense that he killed the girls first. He had them there alone for hours that became even more hours when her flight was delayed. Then check _/ that’s done and all he has to do is sit and wait for SW to get home. Then after she and the baby are done, he can think about his cover up. Not that he did that effectively. I too believe NUA had a hand in messing up his plans though.

Why wait for her to get home to start killing? It just doesn’t make sense to me.
I have always thought he killed the girls first but we may never know what actually happened. My guess is he will say he was so traumatized or angry that he killed them all after the conversation took place. LE clearly does not consider anything he says credible. Unless the autopsy report indicates the approximate time of death we may never learn the truth.

[Good seeing you back here @Jennifer17 ]

I tried responding in the previous thread to your post about the male professed AP - I am very interested to see if that affair is confirmed...not sure if it was even investigated but he claims he was contacted by LE
Aren't potential witnesses in a future trial instructed not to speak to the media? I don't know, I'm not making a statement that they are, I'd like to know.

This has always been my theory as well. I think he killed the girls before he knew about the flight delay, so he inevitably had to kill Shanann once she got home, no matter how inconvenient the timing was after that threw a monkey wrench in his plans. I think her friend dropping by also threw a huge monkey wrench in his plans. I suspect he was banking on having the afternoon/evening or even the next morning before reporting them as missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho