Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notes from quick presser around 11:10 AM (EST):

Police Chief Michael McNeill…
  • “Someone called 911 and said they saw the vehicle backed in the woods.”
  • They immediately secured the scene and are bringing in the FBI Evidence Response team to process the vehicle for any evidence that is found to find Hania.
  • If you live or own a business on or around Quincey Dr, and have a video surveillance camera, please call tipline at 910-272-5871
  • The main goal is to find Hania. They have the vehicle.
Notes from Q&A…
  • Showing the pictures yesterday had a tremendous impact and really helped them.
  • Next step is to process the evidence. Main step is to find Hania. They found the car by the public’s help. Now, they want to find Hania and get her back home safe.
  • They are still investigating the area in which the car was found right now.
  • The translators have really helped.
  • That search for Hania is not limited to the area where the vehicle is located. They are continuing all logical investigations with local and state partners throughout the community.
  • They are taking all logical steps in order to locate Hania, and they are starting with the vehicle and going out from that.
  • There are concurrent investigations going on throughout the county despite the fact that the vehicle was located.
  • There are many other investigators working in teams trying locate her, independent of the vehicle.
  • FBI Supervisor Andy: This is a significant break for us”
  • They don't have any information to share on any suspects.
At the end of the video, 3:30pm press conference was also confirmed for later today.

Video: WXII 12 News on Facebook

Oh dear...So this could have been planned and personal (for perp's own interests), or part of a gang initiation scenario. That bandana has always made me curious. Who wears them/has them unless you are riding the range out West. jmo

ETA Or robbing a bank? But then most wear a ski mask to cover identity.

The yellow bandana has me curious as well. A google search says "latin Kings" wear yellow.

I work in the healthcare field. For a while, lived in Spartanburg SC, which is also a small town with high crime rates and a lot of heavy human trafficking. It’s sad to see the numbers of young females that show up to the ER who are seemingly being “trafficked”, especially when you really can’t do much for them except try to get them alone (I need to run a test, come with me we will be right back) and give them options if they want help. The difference in these cases? Most of the girls you see aren’t 13 year olds kidnapped against their will. They are runaways, or kids tricked into the life of prostitution with the promise of a good home and love. I don’t sense that here, which is more frightening.

That's why we used to call it 'Murderburg'. :p

All kidding aside, great and insightful post.

It seems like a stranger abduction to me, but hard to say for sure.
I'm not ruling anything out yet (and neither are LE).
Hania reminds me of another case of a NC girl who was grabbed from her front yard by a man on a scooter. That little girl was later found alive and tied to a tree. Her name was redacted due to the nature of the attack (and her thread might be gone now). The man they arrested was a registered sex offender and he did not know her. He grabbed her at random/opportunistically.
So in my observation, it does happen.
It is terrifying to think that is the type of person that may have Hania.
I so wish I thought this was a custody dispute or something but that doesn't really fit with the other facts we know so far. :(
MOO.
I know that case well; it happened in my town. Very sad case but fortunately she survived and he was caught.

Not finding Quincey Dr, but did find Quincey Rd & it is approx. 9 miles (14 mins) away from the trailer park where HNA was abducted.
Looks like the perp hid the vehicle...I feel very sick for HNA & her family....
Praying LE finds info from the vehicle to get this guy & find HNA
MOO
Replying to my own post; this tells me that the perp ditched this car right after the abduction. MOO

Zak Dahlheimer on Twitter | 11:30 AM (EST) - 8 Nov 2018

AMBER Alert: Vigil held in #Lumberton for #HaniaAguilar WNCN #CBS17

AMBER Alert: Vigil held in Lumberton for 13-year-old Hania Aguilar

From the above article:
Those who know 13-year-old Hania Aguilar best are stepping up and speaking out.

Hundreds gathered for a prayer vigil in Lumberton Wednesday night, just days after she was kidnapped.

"She wanted to help people and has a loving heart. We don't understand why she's out there," said [MB], a friend of the Aguilar family. "She should be home with (her) mom, with (her) sisters, enjoying family."

(*name replaced with initials by me; more at link)

There are many gangs in Robeson County.
City task force targeting gangs | Robesonian
Leon Burden, the executive director of Colors of Life, a gang prevention program, says the gang problem stretches to each corner of the county, estimating Robeson is home to more than 2,000 gang members of all allegiances.

“You’ve got Crips, you’ve got Bloods, you’ve got MS-13, you’ve got Latin Kings,” Burden said. “That’s just a few.”
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member