Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want this solved. Every once in a while I give it another try and hope someone actually wants to hear the truth. The only way this can be solved is with facts. Once I start feeling like I’m just talking to a wall I stop.

Do you or Michael know Janelle and Mike H or did he know them back when the crime happened?

@MooseMeMuch Thank you so much for sharing this article. What does everyone else think of the changing versions of the clerk's story?

Glad this discussion is still active.

I didn't find much change in the clerk's accounts. He first was confused about the type of car Sheryl was driving, but otherwise, his story was the same. I can see how he could get that wrong, its dark outside and he's inside the store.

The problem is who called Sherill to come and fetch the girls?

This was way before mobile phones so Suzie would of been seen at one of the parties if she had called home, no?

The problem is who called Sherill to come and fetch the girls?

This was way before mobile phones so Suzie would of been seen at one of the parties if she had called home, no?

Maybe one of the girls themselves or a friend? I keep going back to one of my theories that they went to a different party at some time that night, maybe met up with some older people who then later went to their home. Another possibility is that they rode with someone else to the second party, then left before it ended. Maybe some older guys they met and drove around with came on to one or both of them, unwanted pressure to have sex. If they got to a phone and called Sherill, she could have picked them up and taken them home, only to have the creeps show up later at the house.

Maybe one of the girls themselves or a friend? I keep going back to one of my theories that they went to a different party at some time that night, maybe met up with some older people who then later went to their home. Another possibility is that they rode with someone else to the second party, then left before it ended. Maybe some older guys they met and drove around with came on to one or both of them, unwanted pressure to have sex. If they got to a phone and called Sherill, she could have picked them up and taken them home, only to have the creeps show up later at the house.

I wondered if Janelle could have called. Maybe something happened at one of the parties. If Sherrill was looking for three girls, Janelle possibly was that other girl.

I wondered if Janelle could have called. Maybe something happened at one of the parties. If Sherrill was looking for three girls, Janelle possibly was that other girl.

Plausible.

I have often wondered if she called and said something on the answering machine she wanted to erase. And that is why she starts calling so soon. Just speculating.

Last edited:
It's a good thought....but IMO it depends on if Sherrill had a phone by her bed.
Also, as a parent, in the middle of the night and my child's not home and the phone rings......I'd break my neck getting to the phone. Even if the message machine came on, it's still possible to answer it. But perhaps

And the question is, back in the day, could an incoming local call be traced? I'm 'assuming' SPD could get that info.

IMO there had to be a 2nd call (to Levitts) and the Apco attendant is telling the truth, he was not invested in the situation, he had nothing to gain or lose.

Well we know there was a second phone call and I’m sure LE have never released who called her the second time that night. Maybe there is a reason why LE is holding out on the second phone call?!

Well we know there was a second phone call and I’m sure LE have never released who called her the second time that night. Maybe there is a reason why LE is holding out on the second phone call?!

We know for sure? I thought there was a debate about it...IMO there was a late night call and also that could be what the 'disconnected caller' knew about it. IMO

Using MM words....it sounds 'plausible' to me.

We know for sure? I thought there was a debate about it...IMO there was a late night call and also that could be what the 'disconnected caller' knew about it. IMO

Using MM words....it sounds 'plausible' to me.

I apologise I did not know the second phone call to Sherill that night was questionable.

I had just read that she had two phones calls that night and I assumed that this was corroborated by LE.

there are so many glaring problems with this case.

Janelle.
not spending the rest of the day looking for the girls after desperately ringing sherills house early then hot footing it over there....discovering them not there.. answering the phone TWICE to a boogie man saying vile repulsive things..... (during the day....??)….. not reporting all this odd creepy stuff to LE.....not contacting stacys house to see if she was at home??

why did Janelle and mike walk away from sherills house ( I havent even mentioned cleaning up the glass and removing it) after finding no trace of them .....after all the point of going there was to find them.....wasn't it????????????

jmo

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

According to the actual police file Joe was not there.

Yes, Mike bought pot from SG one time and he did date her, but was never around her father. He dated her not him. He did not want any part of that.

As for alibis there is almost no one in Springfield that does not have a weak one. The only people that wouldn’t would be ones that worked at night with a camera on them the whole time because almost everyone is asleep in their home at that hour and unless they like to sleep in strangers homes they were with family and/or friends.

I honestly only want this solved. Therefore I only want the truth out there and I have the police file so I don’t just have Mike’s word. Rumors and false information is not going to get this solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
there are so many glaring problems with this case.

Janelle.
not spending the rest of the day looking for the girls after desperately ringing sherills house early then hot footing it over there....discovering them not there.. answering the phone TWICE to a boogie man saying vile repulsive things..... (during the day....??)….. not reporting all this odd creepy stuff to LE.....not contacting stacys house to see if she was at home??

why did Janelle and mike walk away from sherills house ( I havent even mentioned cleaning up the glass and removing it) after finding no trace of them .....after all the point of going there was to find them.....wasn't it????????????

jmo
While I agree that the behavior is odd, I think we also have to put ourselves in the mindset of an 18yr old in the 90s. We here are very in tune to safety & crime, so her actions seem questionable. But it’s probably just as likely that she got jealous/ticked off that the girls had seemingly taken off without her (especially if the overnight plans had changed unexpectedly) and just went on to do her own thing for the day. That was before we had continuous & instant communication capabilities, so not knowing where someone was wasn’t such the red flag that it is now.

According to the actual police file Joe was not there.

Yes, Mike bought pot from SG one time and he did date her, but was never around her father. He dated her not him. He did not want any part of that.

As for alibis there is almost no one in Springfield that does not have a weak one. The only people that wouldn’t would be ones that worked at night with a camera on them the whole time because almost everyone is asleep in their home at that hour and unless they like to sleep in strangers homes they were with family and/or friends.

I honestly only want this solved. Therefore I only want the truth out there and I have the police file so I don’t just have Mike’s word. Rumors and false information is not going to get this solved.
No one’s spreading rumors here. I am only interested in truth.

Can you tell me what police file said Joe wasn’t in town? I’ll literally go request to look at it today. Can you give the case number? Was it Mike’s case?

Yes a lot of people have weak alibis.

Did you know Dusty says something different in the 48 Hours video than what you’re saying here about him? His alibi is different. So where’s the truth?

Last edited:
It says “he was arrested at the end of June, he had never returned to Springfield Missouri.”

It also states that his lawyer continued to represent him while he was out of state and that he was waiting on an offer. That an offer was extended on Sept 30, 1992 for him, (Joe) to testify against both Mike and Dusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag