Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting observations:
-> Vehicle doors are closed. If someone jumped out and ran in a hurry, I'd almost expect at least one to be open. I wonder if the doors were locked?
-> Based solely on the location of the vehicle and the direction in which it is facing (a good ways off the road, in a wooded area)... well... I think I'd rather not voice my fears as to what became of that poor kid in that location.
-> The vehicle is almost up against a bush or something, but I didn't see any other noticeable damage to the car from the footage I've seen. Suggests to me that someone is pretty familiar with the area, and knew that particular spot (how to get the car in there, that it was dark, and that probably no one would notice him driving in to that location).
-> So... did they walk somewhere from there? To another car? This perp sure knows where he is in the area.

Unable to watch the footage right now, but can anyone see any investigators going door to door near the area that the SUV was found? Curious to know if that is being/has been done yet? I know they've asked the public on TV, but are they canvassing yet? Thanks! MOO N'at

I really have no clue as to what this is. Thinking outside the box... Could this be an old bomb/nuclear shelter. The majority of it is underground and we’re seeing the top/entrance. Not sure I believe this, I haven’t been able to find an image of nuclear shelters that look like this. Just trying to look at it differently.

(Slightly off topic but)

Not that crazy an idea actually. Maybe not nuclear site, but the woods I spoke of living next to upthread were an old Nike Missle site. The buildings have been torn down but the foundations remain. The missles were removed of course, but there are all kind of strange odds and ends that remain. I had no idea these kinds of places were ever even in the US. Cold War era. Area is now owned by the township who plan to turn it into a recreational area.
Nike site D-87 commerce M | Military History of the Upper Great Lakes

Unable to watch the footage right now, but can anyone see any investigators going door to door near the area that the SUV was found? Curious to know if that is being/has been done yet? I know they've asked the public on TV, but are they canvassing yet? Thanks! MOO N'at
i haven’t noticed it on the posted videos but I missed the noon newscast. Did anyone else watch it? Was there any further info?

I am concerned in this case that people are afraid to come forward with info for this very reason. I hope there is assurance that they will not endanger themselves by speaking to LE.

Of course, it's entirely possible that nobody knows anything to tell. I just have a hunch, though, that someone in that trailer park knows someone who was visiting or saw someone walking in the trailer park that morning. The guy came from somewhere....without a car.

jmo
SUV was found not long after the presser, and LE is crediting the public tips for quick recovery. I believe the Spanish speaking, female, FBI agent at the presser was great addition to the investigation team. I watched her and believe her appeal was very effective because she spoke directly to the reluctant audience you describe.

Concerning "the object." I was looking at google EARTH (not map), and after switching back-and-forth many, many times, I located where the object is, and can see a faint white outline that it is there when the google earth image was taken a year ago, 11/15/17.

The wooded area where the object is has two trails visible leading south-south-east from the top of the wooded area. On the righter-most trail, halfway down (south-south-east) there is a small clearing. In the upper-right of the clearing is a faint outline of a white object. It is just above and to the right of a chalky patch on the ground.

The faint object is in the shape of an "A."

All of this just to say I believe the object to have been there for some time.

In this screenshot of the SUV, does it look like the passenger side window is open slightly? MOO
It does. Was that passenger window seen part way open like that in the early video footage? The one frame released earlier shows what appears to be a fully closed passenger window.

The bigger question is when did the vehicle arrive at the location it was found. I hope video footage can be located that narrows that time frame down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong