CA - Multiple casualties after 'active shooter' opens fire, Thousand Oaks, 08 Nov 2018

What they all have in common is the desire to kill innocent people at random in one setting. So, it seems like the solution is fixing that desire.

jmo
Wouldn't you think they were actually planning to kill themselves
first but something in their brain said make it a big splash by
killing a bunch of other people? Not sure the thinking of these
guys. What is really going through their brains?

Iirc Glock’s don’t set off metal detectors...not sure if it’s an old wives tale or not..I used to remember old discussions about this back in the day. What about the firing pin, etc...note to look up.
Quick scan says this is a myth- there's a new law since '88 making
it illegal to mfr. or use guns that are undetectable.

The question is, why are they on these drugs?
BINGO!
I wonder if it's common that veterans start or continue experimenting with recreational drugs once they're in the military
and when they get discharged their behavior/brains are already
addicted. Using PTSD as a reason for an addict to get all kinds
of drugs would work. The PBS show mentioned the vet on the
show had numerous types of 'uppers and downers' as well as
oxycontin.

7decf06f-cafb-493c-8e07-267790226a81.jpg

One of the victims killed in the Borderline Bar & Grill shooting in Thousand Oaks, California has been identified as Alaina Housley by family members. They describe her as a "incredible young woman with so much life ahead of her."

Read the full family statement:

Our hearts are broken. We just learned that our niece Alaina was one of the victims of last night’s shooting at Borderline bar in Thousand Oaks. Alaina was an incredible young woman with so much life ahead of her and we are devastated that her life was cut short in this manner. We thank everyone for your prayers and ask for privacy at this time.
Live updates: California shooting leaves 12 dead in Thousand Oaks - CNN

ETA: This is Tamera Mowry-Housley's niece for those of you who didn't know.

Last edited:
What they all have in common is the desire to kill innocent people at random in one setting. So, it seems like the solution is fixing that desire.

jmo

Yes, IntheDetails, in one of the other threads last week (now that is SAD that I can’t even remeber which one), I remember telling @bluesneakers that I’ve figured out imo what connects all these shooters:

HATE.

So senseless!!!!!

No words right now.

Beautiful girl. Probably never harmed a fly.

RIP Alaina and condolences to her family and friends.
:Rose:

Thanks for the updates in advance everyone. I have to get back to work, want to check in on Hania and Jayme real quick.

Hugs and I’m really happy that we can talk about this together. This is a very important issue that needs our attention, imo and I appreciate everyone from different places and backgrounds being able to weighin re: insights on mental health, etc.

(ETA: gosh this so pathetic that we are here AGAIN and so sooooon, I’m not even caught up in the other shooting threads. Gah!! I can’t believe this...well, yes I can.

End rant)

Last edited:
Wouldn't you think they were actually planning to kill themselves
first but something in their brain said make it a big splash by
killing a bunch of other people? Not sure the thinking of these
guys. What is really going through their brains?

Jmo, we have talked about the possible narcissism associated with these shooters, imo. Which is why I’m really worried that one of these days the shooter is going to be too narcissistic to commit suicide and will get away.

And then we are going to have a serial mass shooter. Knock on wood and I hope my prediction is wrong.

(O/T, but along these same lines of the increasing violence and these news possible hybrids that could emerge/be emerging, I’m also worried about a new more violent breed of child abductors MO wise, as it seems other crimes within the same incidents of abductions are being reported, such as carjacking and murder (Hania/Jayme -our 2 current active AAs, both 13 year old girls as we know...ftr we don’t know who the perps are or where the victims are at this time. Yes there have always been violent child abductions, I’m just saying that imo we can expect abductions that are going to be more violent in nature, MOO.

ETA:
I haven’t even looked at the other CA shooting thread I posted last night—-last I saw that shooter remained at large. I don’t know any details about that case yet.

Last edited:

jmo
Easier said than done.

But that’s really the issue, the desire to perpetrate mass murders like this. Each one seems to perpetuate the next one.

Have a grudge? Want to make a name for yourself? Commit mass murder. That seems to be the logic.

I am more eager than ever to continue my mini case study and analysis I began in Pittsburgh. I hope this doesn’t remain on my “to do” list like everything else so actively putting this out there in the universe. I had started with 10, narrowed them down to 3, looks like I’ll likely have 5 now if I add the yoga shooter and Thousands Oaks. Which is a good number I think for a deep mini study of this sort.

Last edited:
Yes, IntheDetails, in one of the other threads last week (now that is SAD that I can’t even remeber which one), I remember telling @bluesneakers that I’ve figured out imo what connects all these shooters:

HATE.
You're right.

Seems impossible and overwhelming to fix hate, and while hate can't be eliminated completely, I do think progress can be made. Even if others don't, I do think we can improve ourselves. All of us.

jmo

Last night as all of this was unfolding, I was listening to a pastor on Fox News talking. He had just returned from Pittsburgh. And his little sister was at the Vegas shooting.

While we were waiting for an update from LE he was talking about how much he feels for the families during this time, the ones who are trying to get a hold of their loved ones not knowing...he said it took him 24 hours to finally be able to make contact with his sister and that the initial hours are ones of absolute chaos.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back