Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be true or maybe not - but SA said he did not burn anything on 10/31.

So now Radandt is lying? Have you read his original written statement from Nov 5/05?

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...4-Handwritten-Statement-of-Joshua-Radandt.pdf

Want to read how LE characterized this statement?

RADANDT was driving to his deer camp through his quarry where he observed a large fire on the STEVEN AVERY property located by the red house.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=79

I think the early interviews are very telling. I tend to think that memories are better closer to the event, which I think most would agree.

Not gonna lie, I'm torn on the fire. I think it's odd as heck that other than Radandt (who doesn't say it was in the burn pit), no one remembered a fire that night, not Barb, not Scott, not Bobby, not Blaine, not Brendan... until weeks later.

Strange Bobby would stay home until 2330 as it was mentioned somewhere else his normal hours were 2200-0600.

That is the written statement, I am just sharing it with you. I have no idea what time he actually left.

Are you seeing a pattern with the LE reports yet? lol

That is the written statement, I am just sharing it with you. I have no idea what time he actually left.

Are you seeing a pattern with the LE reports yet? lol

Maybe, but I'm seeing a bigger pattern with the inconsistent nonsense from the Avery/Dassey clan.
Now in a 2018 affadavit, Blaine saw Bobby driving a green/blue SUV on 147 ?

IMO, lots of infighting in this group.

Maybe, but I'm seeing a bigger pattern with the inconsistent nonsense from the Avery/Dassey clan.
Now in a 2018 affadavit, Blaine saw Bobby driving a green/blue SUV on 147 ?

IMO, lots of infighting in this group.

This is why I go back to their early interviews. I think there is more truth in them than anything after they started pointing fingers at each other. The only one I'm hesitant on is Bobby's, because Bobby was put on the defense immediately because they told him "Steve said you saw her last". I like the recorded statements, because I don't have to rely on LE's interpretation of what was said, and there is more than enough evidence that their reports are not always accurate and don't always reflect what was actually said. JMO

So now Radandt is lying? Have you read his original written statement from Nov 5/05?

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...4-Handwritten-Statement-of-Joshua-Radandt.pdf

Want to read how LE characterized this statement?

RADANDT was driving to his deer camp through his quarry where he observed a large fire on the STEVEN AVERY property located by the red house.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=79

I think the early interviews are very telling. I tend to think that memories are better closer to the event, which I think most would agree.

Not gonna lie, I'm torn on the fire. I think it's odd as heck that other than Radandt (who doesn't say it was in the burn pit), no one remembered a fire that night, not Barb, not Scott, not Bobby, not Blaine, not Brendan... until weeks later.

What Radandt told Steier and what he wrote in the statement could be slightly different. Words do get twisted at times, but if you believe Steier purposely exaggerted the fire in the report, he must be another player in the conspiracy to frame Avery. Nevertheless, SA claimed from the beginning that he had not burned anything on 10/31.

Im totally open for every scenario. Since MaM2 im looking for inconsistency's in SA he's statement. And other stuff that might proof that he is guilty.

But Kathleen has done some very strong research on the evidence that shows that SA is not guilty. Im kind of curious if there is someone or a website that is contradicting the stuff Kathleen and her research team of experts said?

Thank you by the way for the welcoming @missy1974 and @Karinna :)

Hi & Welcome. BBM,I agree SA's firepit was not the original burn site. Why is so much of TH's skeletonised body missing from the fire pit?
I can't see SA deliberately burning a body there and moving bones to other locations and just leaving some of the bones in the pit. That just is nonsensical IMO.

I agree! I find it weird to that so much is missing from the body. It just wouldnt seem logical that he moved part of the bones and left some in the pit.

This is why I go back to their early interviews. I think there is more truth in them than anything after they started pointing fingers at each other. The only one I'm hesitant on is Bobby's, because Bobby was put on the defense immediately because they told him "Steve said you saw her last". I like the recorded statements, because I don't have to rely on LE's interpretation of what was said, and there is more than enough evidence that their reports are not always accurate and don't always reflect what was actually said. JMO

Something's that always bothered me about SA's statements is this ...

He left work @ 11am on 10/31 and told Earl or Chuck that he had to meet the girl from the AutoTrader later.

In his 11/9 statement, he said he starts work at 8, take a half hour lunch @ mom's at 12 and returns to work at 12:30 and then works until 5.

On 10/31 (Monday, a work day) what would be any different and why would he leave @ 11am to wait on an AutoTrader shoot at 2:30 or so ? Even if he was working, TH could've come to the main office @ Avery Salvage and gotten paid for the shoot.

Something's that always bothered me about SA's statements is this ...

He left work @ 11am on 10/31 and told Earl or Chuck that he had to meet the girl from the AutoTrader later.

In his 11/9 statement, he said he starts work at 8, take a half hour lunch @ mom's at 12 and returns to work at 12:30 and then works until 5.

On 10/31 (Monday, a work day) what would be any different and why would he leave @ 11am to wait on an AutoTrader shoot at 2:30 or so ? Even if he was working, TH could've come to the main office @ Avery Salvage and gotten paid for the shoot.

He left to make some calls to his girlfriends attorney and/or state agencies on her behalf. Those calls are shown on his cell phone records, so he did make them.

Im totally open for every scenario. Since MaM2 im looking for inconsistency's in SA he's statement. And other stuff that might proof that he is guilty.

But Kathleen has done some very strong research on the evidence that shows that SA is not guilty. Im kind of curious if there is someone or a website that is contradicting the stuff Kathleen and her research team of experts said?

Thank you by the way for the welcoming @missy1974 and @Karinna :)

I agree! I find it weird to that so much is missing from the body. It just wouldnt seem logical that he moved part of the bones and left some in the pit.

You could try www.stevenaverycase.com <<< it was made and is maintained by a prominent guilter that posts on reddit. So when you read it, remember that. Verify what is being stated and read the documents for yourself :)

Thank you @missy1974 !

Im reading the CASO-Investigative report right now and i already have some questions.

Why didn't Scott reported her missing earlier since he said it was unusually to be gone like this.
Who was the unkown caller that was stalking Teresa before all this happened?

He left to make some calls to his girlfriends attorney and/or state agencies on her behalf. Those calls are shown on his cell phone records, so he did make them.

Right ... he made 4 very short duration calls between 12:09 - 12:18 and then an hour later a call for 21 mins. Why didn't he return to work after that ? And why did he call Teresa twice @ 2:25 & 2:35 ? In two of his police interviews, he said TH arrived between 2-2:30. Why was he calling her @ 2:35 if she was already there and why did he use *67 on those calls ? And why did he have to be at his trailer anyways to pay TH ? He even said she's only there for 5 minutes and leaves. TH could've gone to the Avery main office and received payment.

And this exchange in the 11/6 interview is suspicious - seems like SA caught himself in an incriminating statement and quickly corrected it to say "I seen her".

I asked Steven as to when was the last time that Teresa came and “knocked on his door” as Steven had said that the only time she ever came to the house was to “knock on the door”, Steven responded “Monday”. I was surprised by his answer and asked him to clarify this “She came to the door?” and Steven then said “No..I seen her”. Now when I asked Steven when was the time that she had come to the door and knocked, Steven replied that it was when he sold his car “a week…two”. I asked Steven again if Teresa had ever come inside and he told me once again “No”.

Right ... he made 4 very short duration calls between 12:09 - 12:18 and then an hour later a call for 21 mins. Why didn't he return to work after that ? And why did he call Teresa twice @ 2:25 & 2:35 ? In two of his police interviews, he said TH arrived between 2-2:30. Why was he calling her @ 2:35 if she was already there and why did he use *67 on those calls ? And why did he have to be at his trailer anyways to pay TH ? He even said she's only there for 5 minutes and leaves. TH could've gone to the Avery main office and received payment.

And this exchange in the 11/6 interview is suspicious - seems like SA caught himself in an incriminating statement and quickly corrected it to say "I seen her".

I asked Steven as to when was the last time that Teresa came and “knocked on his door” as Steven had said that the only time she ever came to the house was to “knock on the door”, Steven responded “Monday”. I was surprised by his answer and asked him to clarify this “She came to the door?” and Steven then said “No..I seen her”. Now when I asked Steven when was the time that she had come to the door and knocked, Steven replied that it was when he sold his car “a week…two”. I asked Steven again if Teresa had ever come inside and he told me once again “No”.

Can you not see how this is an honest statement?

He is saying in the past TH never came into his home. She just comes and "knocks on the door". The investigator then asks when was the last time she did that? SA says "Monday".
Its a trick question. A common coercive tactic. No matter what answer SA gave the investigator could turn it around into something "suspicious".
If he had said she last "knocked on the door" two weeks ago, the investigator would have said, "i thought you said she was here Monday"?

You really have to be reaching to come to these conclusions of SA making inconsistent statements.

I will say it again. SA is the one of the only people who has been consistent about what happened that day.

Yet we have Bobby and Scott and Barb, unwilling to speak with Zellner, but more than willing to speak with the LE agency who railroaded their 16yo son and brother.

Thank you @missy1974 !

Im reading the CASO-Investigative report right now and i already have some questions.

Why didn't Scott reported her missing earlier since he said it was unusually to be gone like this.
Who was the unkown caller that was stalking Teresa before all this happened?

Those are good questions! We don't know the answer to either .... still... yet... lol

It is strange that Scott didn't seem concerned at all. As a roommate, and a friend, I would expect him to notice she wasn't there for 3 days. I understand they had different work schedules, but it still doesn't make sense. And added fact is that his birthday was on November 2nd, she cared enough to have it on her day planner, but not to acknowledge his birthday?

The note is on her day planner: http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Exhibit-45-Halbach-day-planner.pdf

We still do not know who the unknown caller is... and to be fair, we don't know that there was anyone calling her excessively, all we know is that this is what she said to her co-worker/boss at the studio. Just because that is what she said to him, doesn't make it true. Maybe someone called at that moment that she didn't want to talk to and she made a comment that was taken out of context? I do know that there are more phone records available now but I don't think anyone has noticed a pattern at all.

Those are good questions! We don't know the answer to either .... still... yet... lol

It is strange that Scott didn't seem concerned at all. As a roommate, and a friend, I would expect him to notice she wasn't there for 3 days. I understand they had different work schedules, but it still doesn't make sense. And added fact is that his birthday was on November 2nd, she cared enough to have it on her day planner, but not to acknowledge his birthday?

The note is on her day planner: http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Exhibit-45-Halbach-day-planner.pdf

We still do not know who the unknown caller is... and to be fair, we don't know that there was anyone calling her excessively, all we know is that this is what she said to her co-worker/boss at the studio. Just because that is what she said to him, doesn't make it true. Maybe someone called at that moment that she didn't want to talk to and she made a comment that was taken out of context? I do know that there are more phone records available now but I don't think anyone has noticed a pattern at all.

Indeed he didn't even mentioned it. So weird. And im wondering why they don't questioning him deeper. I need to read more first lol. :D

That is a good explanation of why they didn't investigated the part of the caller.

Have you actually listened to the audio of this? Just curious.

These things have been gone over and over again repeatedly the last 3 years.

His lawyer, Strang, had stated that SA would use *67 sometimes when calling people. Here is my opinion, because that is all we can have, because no one knows why he did it. Avery got out of prison in 2003 after serving 18 years for a rape that he didn't commit that some still believe to this day that he did. In 2005, with him in the media as much as he was, would be reason enough to *67 so his number wasn't "out there". Another reason that I could see is that he had the number written down on a notepad, but he didn't have her name with it, maybe he just wasn't sure it was her so rather than calling a random number with his number showing, he *67'd it. Have you ever used *67? I have... and especially when it first became available, it was handy haha They wouldn't have it available if it wasn't handy!

As for her going to the office to collect... I don't think that was how it was done at any of the other previous visits, so why would he expect her to hunt anyone down for payment that time and not the times before? Which brings up an interesting point... all of her visits were on a Monday... mid afternoon... if he never left work before, how is it that he was there for those visits? Obviously he wasn't at work 8-5 every single day. I also think his statement about work was "mostly" 8-5pm.

Again, I will say.. someone that is "luring" someone else would not leave a name, a phone number and an address. Fine, it wasn't Steven's, but it was his sister's because it was her van and she lived next door, wasn't hard to connect the dots... the biggest clue was AVERY ROAD. Also, would it make a difference if the girl at AutoTrader said in her first interview that she knew that Janda's was "basically the Avery's"? This was not a "secret" IMO

Indeed he didn't even mentioned it. So weird. And im wondering why they don't questioning him deeper. I need to read more first lol. :D

That is a good explanation of why they didn't investigated the part of the caller.

Lots of wonder why they didn't question him deeper....

Have you actually listened to the audio of this? Just curious.

These things have been gone over and over again repeatedly the last 3 years.

His lawyer, Strang, had stated that SA would use *67 sometimes when calling people. Here is my opinion, because that is all we can have, because no one knows why he did it. Avery got out of prison in 2003 after serving 18 years for a rape that he didn't commit that some still believe to this day that he did. In 2005, with him in the media as much as he was, would be reason enough to *67 so his number wasn't "out there". Another reason that I could see is that he had the number written down on a notepad, but he didn't have her name with it, maybe he just wasn't sure it was her so rather than calling a random number with his number showing, he *67'd it. Have you ever used *67? I have... and especially when it first became available, it was handy haha They wouldn't have it available if it wasn't handy!

As for her going to the office to collect... I don't think that was how it was done at any of the other previous visits, so why would he expect her to hunt anyone down for payment that time and not the times before? Which brings up an interesting point... all of her visits were on a Monday... mid afternoon... if he never left work before, how is it that he was there for those visits? Obviously he wasn't at work 8-5 every single day. I also think his statement about work was "mostly" 8-5pm.

Again, I will say.. someone that is "luring" someone else would not leave a name, a phone number and an address. Fine, it wasn't Steven's, but it was his sister's because it was her van and she lived next door, wasn't hard to connect the dots... the biggest clue was AVERY ROAD. Also, would it make a difference if the girl at AutoTrader said in her first interview that she knew that Janda's was "basically the Avery's"? This was not a "secret" IMO

Yes, I have listened to the audio and forgive me for rehashing ...

I have never used *67 and never felt I had to hide my identity from someone making a call. If what you say is true about him wanting to keep his number from "being out there", SA would've used *67 on every call other than immediate family. I don't think that's the case.

On the previous visits, was anyone else around ? Did SA go back to work ? I wonder if he would've waited hours in the trailer for TH had Jodi been there. IMO, Steven is a sex addict that was mostly likely rebuffed by TH on a previous occasion and thought he would try again on 10/31. And apparently when calling AutoTrader, he always asked them to send TH. JMO

Using *67 is a manual action that you have to do and remember to do before calling someone. I understand that SA didn't use *67 on all the calls he made outside he's family?
Then i think it is a bit odd but not really that odd to think he was targeting Theresa.

Hi & Welcome. BBM,I agree SA's firepit was not the original burn site. Why is so much of TH's skeletonised body missing from the fire pit?
I can't see SA deliberately burning a body there and moving bones to other locations and just leaving some of the bones in the pit. That just is nonsensical IMO.

Dont want to sound like a ghoul but if you look at how the Nazis did their work,it took and average of 6 hours to go from start to finish and that was with a set up specially made and they still had tons of large bone fragments left.

Yes, I have listened to the audio and forgive me for rehashing ...

I have never used *67 and never felt I had to hide my identity from someone making a call. If what you say is true about him wanting to keep his number from "being out there", SA would've used *67 on every call other than immediate family. I don't think that's the case.

On the previous visits, was anyone else around ? Did SA go back to work ? I wonder if he would've waited hours in the trailer for TH had Jodi been there. IMO, Steven is a sex addict that was mostly likely rebuffed by TH on a previous occasion and thought he would try again on 10/31. And apparently when calling AutoTrader, he always asked them to send TH. JMO

I can see why he wouldn't use it on business/gov't calls, but when personally calling someone, for example for a car for sale or something like that. We only have 1 day of calls from his cell phone to see. The defense didn't show anything more to show that he had used it before, and neither did the State show that he didn't, which is unfortunate for us lol We can guess all we want, but we don't know.

He didn't "always" ask for Teresa, and on at least one occasion, he didn't even call AutoTrader, he called her directly on her cell phone.

IMO I think he wasn't sure if it was her number or not on the note pad, so he used the *67.

Here is a scenario that just happened the other day... my daughter and my father in law were home while I was at work. Someone phones and they don't know the number and it comes up as "unknown name", so what does my daughter do... she calls it back with a spoof number from her iphone (the new *67?lol) She didn't want the number on the other person's call display, not knowing who it was, lots of people don't, regardless if they are in the spotlight or not. I know I sure don't.

Since you think he was luring her there... what explanation do you give to him phoning AutoTrader without *67, twice that morning? Why do you think he gave the correct name and address of the person that owned the van? Who happened to live next door to Steven on Avery Rd. (where only Avery's live)? I am not sure if you are aware, but Barb's husband had Teresa do an ad in September 2005, so it's not like they didn't have the address and know where it was, although the phone numbers didn't match because I think Tom used his cell. Did you know that there was a connection between the Janda account and Steven's? The receptionist that took the call knew that the Janda's were basically the Avery's, all indications were that Teresa knew that as well, so how sneaky was this? I just don't understand how people can still think this, but JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member