CA CA - San Diego, Rancho Bernardo hiking trail, WhtMale, Baby Doe, 2-4, UP51183, in duffel bag, 2004

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Two hikers found the 2 to 4-year-old boy, called “Baby Doe” by police on a Rancho Bernardo hiking trail.

Forensic testing showed the boy was born between 1999 and 2001, and had features “consistent with being mostly Caucasian”. The boy also had light to medium brown hair.

Police said isotopic testing indicates the boy was born on the mainland United States. His mother likely lived in the southeastern part of the country for part of her pregnancy and the first year of the boy’s life before they moved west.

Discovered along with the boy's remains were clothes adorned with colorful designs and logos, including “Football Power” and “Kamikaze Racing Team.”

660x371

450x253

Authorities seek clues about 'Baby Doe' found in 2004 near Rancho Bernardo hiking trail

I just came here to start this thread, thanks @JerseyGirl

They have quite a lot of info on this one between isotopes and being able to confirm the years of birth etc.

Is it just me, or does Baby Doe's head protrude quite a bit at the back?

It certainly looks like it.

Could this be craniosynostosis ? Tried to link but having probs, freely available on internet.

Yes, it seems possible.

Плагиоцефалия.jpg

Children born with craniosynostosis have a distinct phenotype, i.e., appearance—observable traits caused by the expression of a condition's genes. The features of craniosynostosis' particular phenotype are determined by which suture is closed. The fusion of this suture causes a certain change in the shape of the skull; a deformity of the skull.

Craniosynostosis - Wikipedia

Can anyone think of another UID case where the child may have suffered with Craniosynostosis? Or something similar? I seem to remember a case of a little girl who was found in TX I think... she might have had a feeding tube?

This is right up the road from me. wow. if the child was born between 1999-2000's does that mean the child had been deceased for sometime then disposed of?

This is right up the road from me. wow. if the child was born between 1999-2000's does that mean the child had been deceased for sometime then disposed of?

Well, he was born between 99 and 01 and was 2-4 years old at the time of his death and then was found in 2004. So it doesn't seem likely that was out there long. Unless of course he was the younger end of the estimation (2) and was born in 99. The longest time he could have been deceased is 3 years. That's if it all worked out like that.

What makes you think he wasn't disposed of for some time after his death?

Just adding extra photos found in the duffel bag with baby boy
===
Baby Doe's bones were found inside a green bag with leather straps. The remains likely had been at the Rancho Bernardo location for at least a year and perhaps much longer.

The boy was wearing three, child-sized shirts and a pair of red pants.

“We are hoping by showing photos of the clothing, someone will either recognize a family member that wore the clothing or can lead us to someone that maybe we can go talk to and help us identify Baby Doe,” Adams said.

17821603_G.jpg

Also in the bag was an adult-sized, green winter jacket with black and red paint stains on it and a rather unique adult-sized sweatshirt that had “Kamikaze Racing Team” imprinted on it.

17821612_G.jpg

Rule out - Jahi Turner, the local boy who disappeared in 2002.

Cold case detectives release sketch hoping to identify ‘Baby Doe’ found in San Diego

rbbm
Cold case detectives in San Diego seek help identifying Baby Doe
baby-doe.jpg

"At the time of the discovery, police said the cause of death couldn’t be determined. Detectives are investigating the case as an unsolved homicide."
"Isotope testing revealed the child may have spent the first year of his life in the southeast U.S., according to the station"

baby-doe-2.jpg

rbbm
Cold case detectives in San Diego seek help identifying Baby Doe
baby-doe.jpg

"At the time of the discovery, police said the cause of death couldn’t be determined. Detectives are investigating the case as an unsolved homicide."
"Isotope testing revealed the child may have spent the first year of his life in the southeast U.S., according to the station"

baby-doe-2.jpg

For anyone out of the US, this includes: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.

"Nov 12, 2018
San Diego police have released a sketch of little boy whose body was found dumped in Rancho Bernardo 14 years ago. They call him Baby Doe. This News 8 interview with San Diego PD cold case cold case Detective Lori Adams details the department's efforts to identify the baby."

Yes, it seems possible.

View attachment 154737

Children born with craniosynostosis have a distinct phenotype, i.e., appearance—observable traits caused by the expression of a condition's genes. The features of craniosynostosis' particular phenotype are determined by which suture is closed. The fusion of this suture causes a certain change in the shape of the skull; a deformity of the skull.

Craniosynostosis - Wikipedia

Can anyone think of another UID case where the child may have suffered with Craniosynostosis? Or something similar? I seem to remember a case of a little girl who was found in TX I think... she might have had a feeding tube?

I believe you're thinking of little "Madison Doe" from TX. She did have a feeding tube. She had an undeveloped lower jaw, and she also had some sort of unspecified deformity to her skull that seems consistent with craniosynostosis, in my opinion.

My running partner has lived in Rancho Bernardo (Westwood) for years!! (since 1980s or early 1990s, I think). I am going to ask her if she remembers hearing about this. How much publicity did it get at the time?

It seems that the Namus unidentified website is not showing a LOT of found bodies that have been in the news over the past few years. I wonder if the cases are resolved, or if the website is just super incomplete.

Some of them are resolved and no public announcement is ever made, but it's mostly incomplete due to the heavy load. I've read that Los Angeles County alone has over a thousand unclaimed and unidentified people every year. With all the current crime and trouble to be dealt with, cases like this wind up falling to the bottom of the priority list.

In 2004 a childs body was found off I-15 in san francisco. The article claimed the body would have been there at least a year before it had been discovered by hikers. Article also stated that the child would have spent a portion of his life in the south eastern side of the united states. Being the person i am i dove pretty deep into the missing persons site and went through state by state to see what children went missing in 2003 and 2004 and compared to the composite sketch they provided. I yielded no results other than one possibility but the ethnicity did not match. After thinking about the possibility that the body could have been there a few months over a year i decided to search for missing children in 2002. Immediately i came across a 3 year old boy named Brandon Wade that went missing along with his mother under dangerous circumstances and was missing out of valdosta georgia. His age matched, the sketch looked oddly similar and the region matched as well. I contacted the missing and exploited childrens center and filed a report so they may look into it but i wanted to see if others may have the same thoughts as me!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back