AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I was able to listen. He said four minutes..

How could they possibly know that. It makes no sense
I suppose this means that they no longer believe that the neighbor’s heard gunshots when they claimed to have heard them.

The idea that the perpetrator(s) was in the house for a short period of time (whatever length it was), has always made the most sense to me.

I’m incredibly curious how LE reached this conclusion.

Last edited:
I turned in my tip and obvious it wasn't a help. Both parents worked at
Jennie -0. Libby and Abby were killed close to a meat packing plant. What if the parents had made friends with truck driver for Jennie O, what if they realized he looked like the bridge guy. One could of questioned him and he followed them home and killed them and took the girl. I think the bridge guy was a truck driver. Far out I know but darn we have nothing. I haven't followed each thread so if this theory has been discussed I'm sorry.

There were several things she said that seemed as if there was a hidden meaning. I obsessed with it for a couple days and never could figure out what that message might be or who it is directed towards, but I still suspect there’s something there.
As far as the dog eating chicken, it's a pretty common way to either get a dog to eat or give a dog with an upset stomach something that won't irritate an already upset stomach. At least in my family.

If they have the phone that placed the 911 it’s possible someone was talking on or texting or surfing on the web immediately up to the time of the call? That might be one way they established a timeline.

Is it the end of a knife blade?

It's so hard to tell, isn't it? Going by the darker color and just the initial impression of the shape that I see, I think it looks like a large-caliber slug, like from a deer rifle or something. But if i stare too long, I can see other things, too, so I'm not trying to say for sure.

"We have to realize they were probably only in that residence for four minutes. Or you know, we were there within four minutes, they were gone."

I truly do not believe he meant to imply that the assailant(s) were in the house for only 4 minutes.

As far as the dog eating chicken, it's a pretty common way to either get a dog to eat or give a dog with an upset stomach something that won't irritate an already upset stomach. At least in my family.
That may be true, but it came across as an odd thing to say at a press conference. The pause was awkward. She only addresses Jayme, not somebody who might be holding her.

It quacks like a duck, that’s all I’m saying.

And the statement 'I think when we find Jayme we will find who was at the house'
bizarre statement:

As this interview confirmed, LE is reading social media comments, so they are well aware of criticisms, rumors, etc. of their investigation. <modsnip - discussing SM comments>

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible it's a rage killing a male who wants to be with Jayme and felt the parents stood in their way of true love. Doesn't mean she even knew or felt the same at all. Obsessive weirdo possibly young a teen still over 18.
Yes, and many teens +18 know how to handle guns very well. Jayme may have been in shock that he/they(could have brought a loyal friend) killed her parents and felt she was somewhat responsible and had no choice but to go with him. That could be why the dog was unharmed .She couldn't take it with her at that point but she told the perp(s) not to hurt it. IMO.

As this interview confirmed, LE is reading social media comments, so they are well aware of criticisms, rumors, etc. of their investigation. <modsnip - discussing SM comments>
I get what you’re saying, but I don’t fault them for not tailoring their statements to account for the stupidity of others.

Last edited by a moderator:
"We have to realize they were probably only in that residence for four minutes. Or you know, we were there within four minutes, they were gone."

I truly do not believe he meant to imply that the assailant(s) were in the house for only 4 minutes.
my impression is the same. also that the intruder hadn't been just hanging out lounging around having cocktails etc to leave a lot of DNA.

The oddly specific examples keep coming. First the half-eaten McDonald's cheeseburger comment, and now "they" were in the house probably for not more than "4 minutes". Not 5 minutes? Does "they" mean more than one person? And no comment on rumors of a 19 year old "boyfriend"? That is a comment in itself. This just gets weirder and weirder.
I think that the "four minute" comment was based upon the time lapse between the 911 call and the arrival of LE on the scene. JMO

It bothers me only as they have said underwear guy was cleared. No one else.

Hmm. Could UG be considered "cleared" because he gave up information in exchange for lesser/no charges? He is smarmy but doesn't seem to fit murder and abduction IMO - but he may have some seedy friends and be easily influenced by someone to do or participate in bad things? Speculation only.

I'll be happy to finally drop the "20 minute mystery time" spent in the house per the neighbor's faulty time telling skills but....
In the house for only 4 minutes? Begin the clock after James has been killed and door broken down because the killers aren't in the house yet. If 4 minutes time is accurate it was a blitzkrieg attack imo, carried out by 2 killers. One assigned to go get Jayme and remove her from the house immediately while the other was assigned to kill Denise. The 911 call would have most likely been made when the door was being broken down and Denise, having dropped the phone due to being panicked or having it struck from her hand, then attempted to flee from the killer only to be killed in another room. This could be why the 911 call sounds came from a distance. This, imo, could be accomplished in 4 minutes but not much more than this.
jmo
Maybe a crime re-inactment can be conducted to time the entire crime?

Hmm. Could UG be considered "cleared" because he gave up information in exchange for lesser/no charges? He is smarmy but doesn't seem to fit murder and abduction IMO - but he may have some seedy friends and be easily influenced by someone to do or participate in bad things? Speculation only.
my wondering about this guy that was cleared is how often did he wonder about under cover of darkness? what could he have seen on the night of the murders or what could he have seen in the days leading up to that night? maybe nothing, maybe lots.

He was cleared because of all the speculation that came from his arrest.

He was the only person who had his name thrown out there as a potential suspect, albeit not by law enforcement.

They had to quash the rumors, especially if they believed he had no involvement.

I assume his alibi could not be broken, maybe even jail overnight i.e

But surely other people have solid alibis? And yet no one else has been cleared publicly. It makes it very awkward for the family.

Also...I seriously doubt her aunt was sending Jayme secret coded messages. They may have just told her “talk to Jayme, remind her of home” etc...

I agree...he more or less corrected himself in that last bit.

I agree with your statement, but he went on to say that if someone was in your house for 25 minutes, it would be more likely for them to leave fingerprints, dna, hair, etc., than if they were only in there for a minute or two.

I agree with your statement, but he went on to say that if someone was in your house for 25 minutes, it would be more likely for them to leave fingerprints, dna, hair, etc., than if they were only in there for a minute or two.
So by implication, the perpetrator wasn’t in the house all that long.

Even if he mispoke at one point, he’s indicating that they don’t have much to work with, in part, because of the (short) period of time the perpetrator was in the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member