Match! UT - Garfield Co, HispFem, UP8330, 37-45, Apr'98 **GRAPHIC PHOTOS** - Lina Izaguirre Reyes-Geddes

WesternArtist

Reaction score
attachment.php
[FONT=&quot]
  • Body Found: 4/20/1998
  • DOB: 1957-1963
  • Height: 5'1" to 5'3"
  • Weight: 105-115
  • Hair: Brown
  • Eyes: Unknown
  • Race: Hispanic
  • Identifying Features: Facial freckles, multiple dental restorations, small dark mole on the top of her right ear and small mole on her upper lip, chin and left shoulder
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CONTACT: Garfield County Sheriff’s Office (435) 676-2678. On April 20,1998 the body of an unidentified female was found approximately 36 miles north of Bull Frog, Lake Powell. She was found wrapped in a child’s rug. The rug had houses and roadways for children to play on. The victim was Caucasian with some Hispanic or native American, age 37-45 years old, 5’1″ to 5’3″ tall and estimated 105-115 lbs and she had dark brown wavy shoulder length hair.

https://bci.utah.gov/missing-persons/unidentified-persons/
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/8330
[/FONT]

Attachments

• garfield_co.JPG
    garfield_co.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 338
The timeline is somewhat unlikely as there is a 4+ year gap but she resembles Anna Molina. The demographics fit.
attachment.php
attachment.php

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?157513-AZ-Anna-Marie-Molina-34-Tuscon-10-Aug-1993
https://www.findthemissing.org/es/cases/19462/1

A few other potential matches are:
Yolanda Coronado:
attachment.php
She went missing from Carlsbad, NM in February 1996 and may have gone to El Paso, TX. She drove a long haul truck. Few demographics are available for her.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3053dfnm.html

Rosario Zazueta:
attachment.php
Missing from Phoenix, AZ since December 1995. Demographics fit.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/z/zazueta_rosario.html

Attachments

• garfield_co.JPG
    garfield_co.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 114
  • img_33888.jpeg
    img_33888.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 123
  • YCoronado.jpg
    YCoronado.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 174
  • zazueta_rosario.jpg
    zazueta_rosario.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 112
IMO this is an Unidentified Person with a strong possibility of being matched. She was found in a condition with many details still available; there is a good reconstruction. She was obviously the victim of a homicide (shot execution style). There are a few details from the news reports not listed in the databases: she had extensive dental restoration work and tattooed eyebrows. She was found with duct tape around her head, hands and waist. Her fingers were cut off postmortem. Some accounts say she was in a sleeping bag, others say wrapped in a child's rug.

Carpet the victim was found wrapped in:
attachment.php

Press Release about the case:
attachment.php

Attachments

• GarfieldJaneCarpet.gif
    GarfieldJaneCarpet.gif
    50.3 KB · Views: 277
  • garfieldJaneDoe 2.jpg
    garfieldJaneDoe 2.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 239
Warning *GRAPHIC*
Now after seeing the postmortem photos I am rethinking my previous suggested matches... IMO the nose doesn't match with any of them besides possibly Yolanda. I did find some other potential matches.

attachment.php
attachment.php
Dorothy Anne Spence, missing from Vancouver, BC since 1995. She's a little taller (5'6", UID 5'1"-5'3"). http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1639dfbc.html

attachment.php
Christina Medrano Huggins, missing from Las Vegas since 1994. Her demographics fit the best but she had multiple tattoos. Could they have been removed? The UID had tattooed eyebrows and dental reconstruction work done so perhaps she also did tattoo removal. Still, the tattoos may rule her out. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1053dfnv.html

attachment.php
Elvia Magdaleno, missing from Palm Springs, CA since 1997. Height matches, but she would have had to shed ~60lbs in the year between going missing and the UID being found. She is also much younger than the age estimates.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2012dfca.html

Attachments

• Garfield2.jpg
    Garfield2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 380
  • Dorothy_Spence.jpg
    Dorothy_Spence.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 283
  • EMagdaleno.jpg
    EMagdaleno.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 235
  • CMHuggins.jpg
    CMHuggins.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 294
I submitted Dorothy Anne Spence as a possible match. I heard back that she has not been considered before so we'll see. IMO there is a strong resemblance there. The eyebrows are different but the UID has tattooed eyebrows which could account for that.

Confirmed rule outs are:

Julie Wilkinson from Potter, TX
Christina Chandler from Tarrant, TX
Ronda Harley from Harrison, MS

Also, does anyone else hate that recon?

Does anyone else think this looks like a pretty good fit?

She went missing from Ohio 20 days before UID was found. Age/Weight/Height/Ethnicity fit. I cannot for the life of me find another photo of her thats not from the side but her facial structure does look a lot like her. She even has a that dark reddish hair color. Oh and I think I see the mole at the top of the right ear. This could really be her!

Lina Izaguirre Reyes-Geddes
Missing Person Case

Attachments

• Original (3).jpg
    Original (3).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 853
  • Original (2).jpg
    Original (2).jpg
    128 KB · Views: 853

She went missing from Ohio 20 days before UID was found. Age/Weight/Height/Ethnicity fit. I cannot for the life of me find another photo of her thats not from the side but her facial structure does look a lot like her. She even has a that dark reddish hair color. Oh and I think I see the mole at the top of the right ear. This could really be her!

Missing Person Case

It was too good, I sent it in, we shall see!

I wanted to give an update on this case. I submitted the possible match above to all agencies involved (Utah, Ohio, and NamUs case managers) and immediately heard back from them all within a day of submission. Utah being the most eager. The agent in Utah felt it was a very strong match candidate and contacted Ohio in order to get more info on the MP. Turns out, Ohio police feel just as strongly after they reviewed what Utah had.

Long story short, the hunt for the MP's DNA is on, and press releases were sent out into a city in Mexico (which is where she's from and where they think she was ultimately headed when she went missing) to try to locate family members. As of yesterday, a potential sister has been located in Mexico and is willing to drive 2-4 hours to meet ATF agents either at the consulate or American border to give a DNA sample. So we wait to see if it's indeed a match!

Missing Person Case

This is an amazing find! I’m glad you didn’t wait and just called it in.

Everything seems to fit. I can’t wait for the DNA results. I really think you have found a match.

If you look closely at both pictures you can see they both have a freckle/small mole on their chin at what seems to be the exact same location (bottom right) as well. Great sleuthing!

This is an amazing find! I’m glad you didn’t wait and just called it in.

Everything seems to fit. I can’t wait for the DNA results. I really think you have found a match.

If you look closely at both pictures you can see they both have a freckle/small mole on their chin at what seems to be the exact same location (bottom right) as well. Great sleuthing!

Thank you! I was obsessing over the freckles/moles for quite some time, lol.

I'm a newbie here and this has been somewhat of a surreal experience not only making the hopeful match but also getting called at home by a state level detective the very next day. On top of that, he ended up being the agent quoted in the article Lucys Mom posted! I'm not sure I was even expecting to hear back at all -- match or not.

He's kept me in the loop all the way through the process. I'm just so impressed by the diligence and action displayed by all the law enforcement on this case. Apparently, they utilized connections with a congressman, the FBI, US Marshall, and ICE in order to begin the search for her family. But a simple press release did the trick! Fingers crossed for results soon.

Beginners luck in full play here, but it's got me hooked. :)

Missing Person Case

Wouwww. Very good eyes.

**UPDATE**

Just got word that DNA has been collected from two of Lina's sisters in Mexico and is headed back to the lab in Utah to be compared with what they've got from the UID. Fingers crossed for a match!

**UPDATE**

Just got word that DNA has been collected from two of Lina's sisters in Mexico and is headed back to the lab in Utah to be compared with what they've got from the UID. Fingers crossed for a match!

Wow, the really must think they are on to something by acting so quickly. Bravo for you MandiH82!

Wow, the really must think they are on to something by acting so quickly. Bravo for you MandiH82!

Yeah, they definitely took the tip and ran with it. If it turns out not to be a match I’m going to be mortified, lol.

Although, I’m banking on the fact that there are probably some additional similarities that I’m not even aware of that caused them to pursue this lead so intensely. So I will not be at fault for leading a wild goose chase!

Yeah, they definitely took the tip and ran with it. If it turns out not to be a match I’m going to be mortified, lol.

Although, I’m banking on the fact that there are probably some additional similarities that I’m not even aware of that caused them to pursue this lead so intensely. So I will not be at fault for leading a wild goose chase!

Even if it turns out not to be a match, you've brought this case back into the light for LE. That has to be worth something with how many cases they have to deal with. Maybe that will lead to a match in itself, eh?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back