VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

In other articles i read it said they searched his house and cars. They must not of find anything noteworthy. In other words he must of took her somewhere else.
IMHO, it wasn't a thorough search. IIRC, they searched 20+ acres of land, with a house and out buildings in 8hrs. And also, IIRC, there is a 2nd property that I don't think they searched.

IMO, something bad happened that day and she is somewhere on one of those properties.

Happy 22nd birthday Katelin. We hope you are somewhere safe.
I suppose that's a nice sentiment, but it's also somewhat absurd in that you're hoping for something thst isn't even remotely possible. To anyone who has been following cases like this for 20+ years like I have, there's no mystery here. The only open questions are, first, whether Katelin's stepfather sexually assaulted her before he murdered her (and there's roughly a 99.9% chance that the answer is yes) and, second, where he put her body.

I check in on this one from time to time and search the internet for updates. It's over 2 hours from me, but I've driven up I-95 through that area so many times I've lost count. I suspect the stepfather, but really I would like to see them find her body. I hope she is alive and safe somewhere, but I believe the chances of that are very slim.

I also just listened to the Crime Junkie Podcast.
This case is so baffling. In the podcast, it doesn't sound like the SD is a bad guy. Katelin's mom said that after the divorce he helped her with bills if she couldn't pay them or even gave her food for money too.
If the SD did something (which I believed he did) why would he throw out her suitcase on the side of the road instead of just getting rid of it? Like he did IMO with the clothes.
Katelin's mom also said that she might believe that he had help because it would be difficult to throw a suitcase out of a car window while driving the car. And that the only person she believes that could help him, is his mother. She is also the one who lives on his other property.
She also said that the night Katelin went missing, she phoned him and asked him again what happened and that he stuck to his story, and when she told him you will be a POI, he said that he knew that.
This case is just so frustrating. The SD either has a brilliant lawyer or knows people in high places.

Bumping for Katelin.

It is pretty hard to believe that his Mother would help him dispose of a dead teen. She would have to be pretty insane and I am sure she has been interviewed several times. So IDK.

I do wonder if she maybe didn't want to return to her fiancé yet. She is pretty young to be married. And she was kind of 'trapped' financially into that relationship.

So maybe she called a 'friend' to come get her, and it turned out not really to be a friend?

IMO, the circumstantial evidence points very strongly to her stepfather, and I think he certainly had the means and opportunity to commit the crime and hide her body. As for the motive, unfortunately, I'm going to have to go with the tiresome old pervert stepfather wanted some.

The latest "Vanished" podcast episode: Episodes

Some interesting insight into the stepfather, the ones Katelin had the affair with, another possible POI and her fiancee and her past with Katelin. Fingers are still being pointed at the stepfather, but some other things here muddy the waters a bit.

young people make bad sexual decisions all the time, they rarely kill themselves over them or disappear and never talk to anyone they ever knew again because of them.

there is no innocent explanation for the phones pinging in the wrong places - the stepfather DID NOT leave katelin where he said he did because we know for a fact that he was never there.

there is no reason for the stepfather to refuse police access to his phone if he wanted to prove himself innocent, even if there were other things on the phone to worry about he could get a third party (lawyer et al) to review the phone for police and swear to disclose anything that could be related to katelin's disappearance.

justice may be slow but it is coming.

young people make bad sexual decisions all the time, they rarely kill themselves over them or disappear and never talk to anyone they ever knew again because of them.

there is no innocent explanation for the phones pinging in the wrong places - the stepfather DID NOT leave katelin where he said he did because we know for a fact that he was never there.

there is no reason for the stepfather to refuse police access to his phone if he wanted to prove himself innocent, even if there were other things on the phone to worry about he could get a third party (lawyer et al) to review the phone for police and swear to disclose anything that could be related to katelin's disappearance.

drjones, you are so right on all 3 points made!

drjones, you are so right on all 3 points made!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back