Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colorado 303, I don’t know how to bring your last post on thread 48 forward but I am so glad you wrote it! Since you knew Shanaan and heard the stories from her about her mother in law, it gives a very clear picture of what Mrs. Watts was like and possibly why CW didn’t want his mother involved with his plea. Maybe he is finally able to see that his mother created a monster.

I've been wondering about that too! I'm starting to wonder if now the Watts' requested it after the fact, after public backlash from their interviews.

This is such a mess now. I fully understand at this point why Shanann made references to getting away from "drama" in her home office video. And I can relate, even though my husband's family isn't NEARLY to this level, just apathetic.

These interviews are incredibly eye-opening!
Tough to unring a bell. We now know what they look like, and what they are.

They’ve made a big mistake, but they don’t appear to know that yet.

She wants him to go back and change his guilty plea. She wants some defense attorney to step up and represent him. She thinks the public defenders have forced him into this. Insanity.
I understand that, but this isn't even anywhere in the realm of how a normal person would go about any of that! :confused:
MOO

But this isn't even anywhere in the realm of how a normal person would go about any of that! :confused:
MOO

No, it's not. It's like Todd Kohlhepp's mother and Cindy Anthony merged with Jackie Peterson. I would swear these families all read from the same script. They use the same verbiage and the same tone of voice. It's kind of eerie.

What I don’t understand is how the parents haven’t brought up the girls once in any of the interviews. Nothing about “we are devastated those innocent girls and soon to be grandson are gone and we are so sad etc. This is very telling to me. My parents and in laws care more about my kids than me and my hubby. Everyone’s whole world is revolved around the grand babies for my family. But not once did they mention their own grandchildren in any interviews.

CW pled guilty. What is she hoping to accomplish with all this whining?

"Chris Watts’ attorneys blocked his family from any discussions with him about his decision to plead guilty to the murders of his pregnant wife and two young daughters, his mother told 9NEWS.

Cindy Watts said she and other family members were told not to correspond with her son or speak with him – edicts she told 9NEWS were handed down by his court-appointed public defenders.

“We were denied contact with our son, from August through October,” Cindy Watts told 9NEWS. “When they called us down to Colorado, they said we were going to discuss the plea deal with Chris, and we were never able to do that.”
Wow, I missed one day and apparently missed a whole thread. What has the Watts family done now?! Mom went on t.v and bashed her daughter in law? Said she could never do anything right in Shananns eyes and that she was abusive to her son? Am I getting this right? Now all the victim bashing makes sense. It's obvious what the source was that fueled the fire! These people are pathetic! She just has to get in the last word. And there is more to come?

Wow, I missed one day and apparently missed a whole thread. What has the Watts family done now?! Mom went on t.v and bashed her daughter in law? Said she could never do anything right in Shananns eyes and that she was abusive to her son? Am I getting this right? Now all the victim bashing makes sense. It's obvious what the source was that fueled the fire! These people are pathetic! She just has to get in the last word. And there is more to come?

Pretty much. The parents are their own worst enemies. They are making fools of themselves and destroying most of the sympathy people had for them. They need to stop talking now. But I think they are just getting started.

What I don’t understand is how the parents haven’t brought up the girls once in any of the interviews. Nothing about “we are devastated those innocent girls and soon to be grandson are gone and we are so sad etc. This is very telling to me. My parents and in laws care more about my kids than me and my hubby. Everyone’s whole world is revolved around the grand babies for my family. But not once did they mention their own grandchildren in any interviews.
Just think of Cindy Anthony and Jackie Peterson. It’s all about her “innocent”son.

I am both appalled and angry at these interviews, while feeling so embarrassed for them that I actually want to recommend a crisis communication firm to them. No defense attorney or media rep would ever let their client do these interviews. They sound delusional, petty, mean-spirited, controlling, and completely capable of having an entitled son who has no sense of personal responsibility.

I can even get wanting to fight for your son. Having a need to "do something" - "fix this" - but not the total lack of compassion and grace for his victims. Not even enough to fake it and give perfunctory statements through gritted teeth! It's just not there.

Pretty much. The parents are their own worst enemies. They are making fools of themselves and destroying most of the sympathy people had for them. They need to stop talking now. But I think they are just getting started.
I can’t believe they don’t have someone, anyone!, in their life who can talk some sense into them, or help with PR. Good god. Unsure if the sister feels the same as the parents. Maybe they are the type that you can’t tell them anything.

At this rate, CW’s mother is going to have a full-on melt down at the sentencing on Monday.

I can’t believe they don’t have someone, anyone!, in their life who can talk some sense into them, or help with PR. Good god. Unsure if the sister feels the same as the parents. Maybe they are the type that you can’t tell them anything.
Yes sister feels same way. Sister is one who got them in contact with podcast hosts who started this whole media blitz up.

Yes, ma'am. More in the media thread, but here's some of it:

“He’s not a sociopath. He’s not a psychopath,” Cindy Watts said of her son.

“I asked Chris, ‘If you did not do this, do not confess to something you didn’t do.’ She shut me down. She completely shut me down,” Cindy Watts said, referring to Chris Watts’ defense attorney.

“He said, ‘I’m sorry. I lost — I went into a rage, and I killed her.’ And he said, ‘I am so sorry. I ruined your life; I ruined my life,’ Mrs. Watts said.

“After the fact with the bodies, he said, ‘Dad, I could not put the girls with her after what she did — I could not put her with her,’” Ronnie Watts said.

“And so, instead of putting the girls with her, he decided to put her in oil tanks?” Denver7 asked him.

“I don’t understand. I don’t understand,” Mr. Watts replied.

“If he didn’t kill the children, I want him to face that and let them prove it,” Mr. Watts said.

“There’s a whole lot of unanswered questions about the case. Everything happened too quick there, from a case status to a plea,” Mr. Watts said.

“It has been so overwhelming. And I feel like I have to do something to help my son,” Mrs. Watts said. “I just need to do something. If he’s not going to fight, I’m going to fight for him.”

"It was a very hard relationship," said Cindy Watts, Chris' mother. "It was a very hard relationship (with Shanann) as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't do anything right."

The Wattses said their son changed once he met Shanann.

The Wattses said their son's relationship with Shanann was abusive and they felt she isolated Chris from his family in the time they were together.

Ronnie said he believes the initial thing Chris told police -- that he killed his wife only after finding out she had strangled their daughters.

"It's hard for me to believe that he would hurt them girls no matter what," he said. "The story he told me that night, I believed it: The way he looked at me, the way he was crying, I believed it."

“I know he confessed, but he was railroaded into it,” Cynthia Watts, of Spring Lake, N.C., said Monday in regard to her son’s guilty pleas in the murders of his 34-year-old wife, Shanann, and daughters Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3. “I want him to take back the plea deal.”

I am both appalled and angry at these interviews, while feeling so embarrassed for them that I actually want to recommend a crisis communication firm to them. No defense attorney or media rep would ever let their client do these interviews. They sound delusional, petty, mean-spirited, controlling, and completely capable of having an entitled son who has no sense of personal responsibility.

I can even get wanting to fight for your son. Having a need to "do something" - "fix this" - but not the total lack of compassion and grace for his victims. Not even enough to fake it and give perfunctory statements through gritted teeth! It's just not there.

I am astounded that they couldn't even muster up ONE nice or kind of nice thing to say about their murdered daughter-in-law. Even something generic like, "Shan'ann was so good to her mother and was a great big sister to her brother."

Instead, they just criticize and bash and blame. Apparently their parents didn't teach them that speaking ill of the dead is not a good look, especially when the person has been murdered by your own son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici