Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MsBetsy, more:

"We were denied contact with our son, from August through October."

“How does he go from a decent person to a killer?” she asked. “If he won’t fight for his daggone self, I will.”

“He was in sports from when he was 5 until 17 years old,” Cindy told the station. “He was normal, he didn’t have a temper, he was just easygoing like his dad. He’s not a monster.”

According to KMGH, the couple claimed their son changed when he married Shan’ann, alleging the couple had an abusive relationship and Shan’ann isolated Chris from his family.

Yes, ma'am. More in the media thread, but here's some of it:

“He’s not a sociopath. He’s not a psychopath,” Cindy Watts said of her son.

“I asked Chris, ‘If you did not do this, do not confess to something you didn’t do.’ She shut me down. She completely shut me down,” Cindy Watts said, referring to Chris Watts’ defense attorney.

“He said, ‘I’m sorry. I lost — I went into a rage, and I killed her.’ And he said, ‘I am so sorry. I ruined your life; I ruined my life,’ Mrs. Watts said.

“After the fact with the bodies, he said, ‘Dad, I could not put the girls with her after what she did — I could not put her with her,’” Ronnie Watts said.

“And so, instead of putting the girls with her, he decided to put her in oil tanks?” Denver7 asked him.

“I don’t understand. I don’t understand,” Mr. Watts replied.

“If he didn’t kill the children, I want him to face that and let them prove it,” Mr. Watts said.

“There’s a whole lot of unanswered questions about the case. Everything happened too quick there, from a case status to a plea,” Mr. Watts said.

“It has been so overwhelming. And I feel like I have to do something to help my son,” Mrs. Watts said. “I just need to do something. If he’s not going to fight, I’m going to fight for him.”

"It was a very hard relationship," said Cindy Watts, Chris' mother. "It was a very hard relationship (with Shanann) as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't do anything right."

The Wattses said their son changed once he met Shanann.

The Wattses said their son's relationship with Shanann was abusive and they felt she isolated Chris from his family in the time they were together.

Ronnie said he believes the initial thing Chris told police -- that he killed his wife only after finding out she had strangled their daughters.

"It's hard for me to believe that he would hurt them girls no matter what," he said. "The story he told me that night, I believed it: The way he looked at me, the way he was crying, I believed it."
Wow. Thank you. Reminds me of Jackie Peterson when she said, "Deny, deny, deny." And just like her, this woman was used to controlling her son and telling him what to do all his life and could not stand having someone take her place. I bet she hated Shanann from the beginning.

Wow. Thank you. Reminds me of Jackie Peterson when she said, " Deny, deny, deny." And just like her, this woman was used to controlling her son and telling him what to do all his life and could not stand having someone take her place. I bet she hated Shanann from the beginning.

And apparently her giving them two beautiful grandchildren didn't soften the attitude. Sickening.

CW pled guilty. What is she hoping to accomplish with all this whining?

"Chris Watts’ attorneys blocked his family from any discussions with him about his decision to plead guilty to the murders of his pregnant wife and two young daughters, his mother told 9NEWS.

Cindy Watts said she and other family members were told not to correspond with her son or speak with him – edicts she told 9NEWS were handed down by his court-appointed public defenders.

“We were denied contact with our son, from August through October,” Cindy Watts told 9NEWS. “When they called us down to Colorado, they said we were going to discuss the plea deal with Chris, and we were never able to do that.”
I think they just want to talk to their son, and they can’t get through to him. Somebody from CW’s team should call them and bring them up to speed. If CW doesn’t want to talk to them, somebody else should call them and tell them he doesn’t and why, and then explain to them why he plead guilty. His parents are under the impression that their little boy is in trouble, and he needs their help.

Grrrrrrrr -- :mad:
Interesting in a barf-type way. Please excuse if this is a repeat.
--------------------------------------------
Chris Watts’ Parents Claim Son Was in Abusive Relationship with Wife He Admitted Murdering
The parents of Chris Watts are speaking out, claiming their son is not a “monster” despite pleading guilty to murdering his wife and two young daughters.
[...]

According to KMGH, the couple claimed their son changed when he married Shan’ann, alleging the couple had an abusive relationship and Shan’ann isolated Chris from his family. --------------------------------------------
Chris Watts’ Parents Claim Son Was in Abusive Relationship with Wife He Admitted Murdering

I think they just want to talk to their son, and they can’t get through to him. Somebody from CW’s team should call them and bring them up to speed. If CW doesn’t want to talk to them, somebody else should call them and tell them he doesn’t and why, and then explain to them why he plead guilty. His parents are under the impression that their little boy is in trouble, and he needs their help.
they will spill it out into media, and not necessarily the way it is told to them. I suppose cw should tell them to shut up, but given the dynamics in that family he'll never do that.

they will spill it out into media, and not necessarily the way it is told to them. I suppose cw should tell them to shut up, but given the dynamics in that family he'll never do that.
They’re cherry picking facts we do know for certain to put together a scenario where CW is a partial monster, not a complete monster, but they both say, sprinkled throughout the interviews if he did it they will accept it, but they need to hear it from CW.

Can someone explain why the Denver media blurred out the parents' faces after not blurring them out, but the article linked above shows the mother's face? I'm confused, but I've missed a lot of posts (lots of breaking news on the forum today).

I've never seen that blurring done unless it was a victim of sexual assault or an undercover cop or someone who really needs their identity kept secret.

Are you maybe referrng to ABC11, or another station local to the parents? I am still seeing the parents faces in photos and videos on the Denver stations, but they could be cached in my browser.

Denver NBC is 9News / KUSA, ABC is channel 7 / KMGH, FOX 31 / KDVR, and CBS is Channel 4 / KCNC.

If he didn't kill the children, I want him to face that and let them prove it': Chris Watts' parents say they want their son to take BACK his guilty plea of murdering his wife and two daughters

Chris Watts' parents say they want their son to take back his guilty plea | Daily Mail Online

I try not to judge the perpetrators family in tragic situations like this. No family wants to accept that their loved one is capable of a crime as heinous as this. They love their son and are in disbelief he could have done this and they have lost their grandchildren. They must be in a state of shock still at what has happened and are unsurprisingly having great difficulty accepting what has happened.

They’re cherry picking facts we do know for certain to put together a scenario where CW is a partial monster, not a complete monster, but they both say, sprinkled throughout the interviews if he did it they will accept it, but they need to hear it from CW.
BBM. They did hear it from CW in a court of law, no less.
They will never, ever accept it.

But they did hear it from him, we all did. The mother herself said she basically told him not to say he is guilty, then, she says, the Atty stopped her from saying more.

I totally agree with this- but if CW, the client, tells the lawyer not to tell his oarents anything ..... isn’t the lawyer then legally obligated to not tell them?

I am astounded that they couldn't even muster up ONE nice or kind of nice thing to say about their murdered daughter-in-law. Even something generic like, "Shan'ann was so good to her mother and was a great big sister to her brother."

Instead, they just criticize and bash and blame. Apparently their parents didn't teach them that speaking ill of the dead is not a good look, especially when the person has been murdered by your own son.

General public sympathy might not get them what they want right now (a toss out of the plea), but it would still go a long way in helping them make other things happen. This is not the way to go about gaining it. Speaking ill of the dead, ignoring their grandkids in their interviews, just continues to drive a wedge between public perception of the family and the victims' family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23