Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Ted Bundy's mother refused to accept what he had done. I think she even claimed he would never kill women or children (paraphrasing here) despite being present for the evidence that nailed him.

Ted Bundy's mother also had an unusual relationship with her son. She had him out-of-wedlock. There is a theory that he was the result of incest, but I have no reason to believe it without solid proof. Anyhow, his grandpa put a lot of pressure on is daughter, Ted's mom, to give Ted up for adoption, but she refused. Then Ted's own grandpa adopted him. And later, when Ted's biomom married, she took him to her new family. Bundy was her husband's name. Of all kids, mother always favored Ted. She suffered so much to have him.
I feel sorry for her. She must have blamed herself immensely later in life.

Last edited:
Alright; I've had enough! I have tried my best to quietly read along each day, and keep my opinions to myself (mostly to keep from getting a T/O, or worse).;) But this woman has seriously gotten on my last nerve.

I find it ironic that her behavior is very similar to what she has claimed to hate about SW.:rolleyes:

My message to her after viewing the interviews (sincerely hope you or one of your "supporters" are reading): If you can defend your child (because he, apparently, cannot defend his adult self), than stop trying to make Shan'ann out to be the "bad guy" for doing the same. Over and over again we've heard how much you disapproved of her. What a horrible person she was. You didn't even go to the wedding..... on and on, and on. You are damn lucky she ever let you see her daughters to begin with. If you treated me the way you treated her- I wouldn't want anything to do with you either. Might even move across the U.S. to get away from you. Most women would. Pretty poor example of how a mother-in-law should treat the woman your son chose to love, marry, and have children with. Were you that jealous that he might (at one point) have loved her more than you? Is that what warranted your abhorrent behavior towards her in life and now after death? I guess she was right about you all along. You are proving to be exactly as she claimed.

Your behavior is also a horrible example of how a grandmother should treat her grandchildren- you can't even speak fondly of them, or call them by name unless prompted. Bella, CeCe, and Nico
probably wouldn't have wanted much to do with you as they grew older, either. I can guarantee you there would have been plenty of resentment. You probably would have blamed them for that. It appears that is how you justify things; it's always someone else's fault.

Perhaps you should investigate how your actions may have contributed to Shan'ann's dislike of you? Maybe it's time to recognize the difference between a lie and the truth. You are only harming yourself and your family's reputation with your deceit. If you aren't capable of a little self-reflection and admitting fault; perhaps now would be a good time for you to just sit down and shut-up? Oh- but before you do, don't forget to thank your son for being the honest boy you raised him to be (yes; I'm being sarcastic). Must have warmed your heart to know that at least he was able to self-reflect and admit fault by pleading guilty. Put your big girl panties on and accept that your son is an admitted murderer. There is nothing you can say or do to change that. And there is nothing Shan'ann, Bella, CeCe, or Nico said or did to deserve it. #shinelikeshanann

Whew- sorry about that fellow sleuthers. I feel better now, and promise to try being nice again! If I can't- I'll practice a little self-reflection, and sit on my hands!:p

Ted Bundy's mother also had unusual relationships with her son. She had him out-of-wedlock. There is a theory that he was the result of incest, but I have no reason to believe it without solid proof. Anyhow, his grandpa put a lot of pressure on her mom to give Ted up for adoption, but she refused. Then Ted's own grandpa adopted him. And later, when his biomom married, she took him to her new family. Bundy was her husband's name. Of all kids, mother always favored Ted. She suffered so much to have him.
I feel sorry for her. She must have blamed herself immensely later in life.
He grew up thinking his mom was his sister. It really screwed him up.

Scott Reisch has talked to the Watts, according to his page.

Is there a chance we are all in for a surprise on Monday??
Highly unlikely, according to our legal experts, and what I have read from legal experts in the media, regarding this case.

He’s a publicity hound.

Highly unlikely, according to our legal experts, and what I have read from legal experts in the media, regarding this case.

He’s a publicity hound.

BBM - ahh ok. I'd never heard of him before this case. Sure seems to be a lot of them coming out of the woodworks, like the podcast ladies whom I shall not name.

I am old enough to know many people that that happened to. None of them became serial killers.
One of my best childhood friends found out that his eldest sister was his mother when he was in his early twenties. It did not change their relationship. They kept treating each other as siblings and he treated his grandmother as his mother.

Probably it would have been better if mom gave him up for adoption. I think his condition was, mostly, genetic, but he grew up close to poverty, and hated it. And it is believed that Ted's relationship with his first girlfriend, who was from an affluent family and dumped Ted because she did not see much potential in him, traumatized him a lot. Most of his victims, to a degree, resembled her.

Yes, ma'am. More in the media thread, but here's some of it:

“He’s not a sociopath. He’s not a psychopath,” Cindy Watts said of her son.

“I asked Chris, ‘If you did not do this, do not confess to something you didn’t do.’ She shut me down. She completely shut me down,” Cindy Watts said, referring to Chris Watts’ defense attorney.

“He said, ‘I’m sorry. I lost — I went into a rage, and I killed her.’ And he said, ‘I am so sorry. I ruined your life; I ruined my life,’ Mrs. Watts said.

“After the fact with the bodies, he said, ‘Dad, I could not put the girls with her after what she did — I could not put her with her,’” Ronnie Watts said.

“And so, instead of putting the girls with her, he decided to put her in oil tanks?” Denver7 asked him.

“I don’t understand. I don’t understand,” Mr. Watts replied.

“If he didn’t kill the children, I want him to face that and let them prove it,” Mr. Watts said.

“There’s a whole lot of unanswered questions about the case. Everything happened too quick there, from a case status to a plea,” Mr. Watts said.

“It has been so overwhelming. And I feel like I have to do something to help my son,” Mrs. Watts said. “I just need to do something. If he’s not going to fight, I’m going to fight for him.”

"It was a very hard relationship," said Cindy Watts, Chris' mother. "It was a very hard relationship (with Shanann) as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't do anything right."

The Wattses said their son changed once he met Shanann.

The Wattses said their son's relationship with Shanann was abusive and they felt she isolated Chris from his family in the time they were together.

Ronnie said he believes the initial thing Chris told police -- that he killed his wife only after finding out she had strangled their daughters.

"It's hard for me to believe that he would hurt them girls no matter what," he said. "The story he told me that night, I believed it: The way he looked at me, the way he was crying, I believed it."

“I know he confessed, but he was railroaded into it,” Cynthia Watts, of Spring Lake, N.C., said Monday in regard to her son’s guilty pleas in the murders of his 34-year-old wife, Shanann, and daughters Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3. “I want him to take back the plea deal.”
When all the evidence is released, I'm thinking he will regret making that statement. I believe that they have a ton of evidence to prove he did it.

I am old enough to know many people that that happened to. None of them became serial killers.
One of my best childhood friends found out that his eldest sister was his mother when he was in his early twenties. It did not change their relationship. They kept treating each other as siblings and he treated his grandmother as his mother.
The theory is that it is a bit of a mix.

Having a screwed up childhood doesn’t mean you will turn into a serial killer.

But if you have some sort of biological predisposition to that sort of thing, coupled with a terrible childhood, then bad things can happen.

The theory is that it is a bit of a mix.

Having a screwed up childhood doesn’t mean you will turn into a serial killer.

But if you have some sort of biological predisposition to that sort of thing, coupled with a terrible childhood, then bad things can happen.
Yes, of course, my friend did not have a screwed up childhood. He was an adult when he found out and could look at it from an adult perspective.

@MsBetsy, more:

"We were denied contact with our son, from August through October."

“How does he go from a decent person to a killer?” she asked. “If he won’t fight for his daggone self, I will.”

“He was in sports from when he was 5 until 17 years old,” Cindy told the station. “He was normal, he didn’t have a temper, he was just easygoing like his dad. He’s not a monster.”

According to KMGH, the couple claimed their son changed when he married Shan’ann, alleging the couple had an abusive relationship and Shan’ann isolated Chris from his family.
Wouldn't we all like to know what makes a person a killer? Someone on the other thread told me his parents were victims too. (I wish I knew how to bring it over) I no longer agree. In fact, I am beginning to see, he is probably a victim of theirs. His Mother is acting like he is 12 years old. He was smart enough to cover up his misdeeds and hide his little girls in oil tanks. I am certain he can decide how to plead. He is a grown man. I have no doubt they are grieving but I don't think its because they lost their precious grand babies. They seem more upset because "he will die in prison and no telling what they will do to him in there". Those were the mom's words.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the faces Keith Morrison would be making at the Watts parents while interviewing them on Dateline? He can never hide his true feelings. I love him! I have no doubt we will see them on many news programs. Ugh.
I agree.
Nancy Grace needs to interview them; for clarity sake. When is someone going to tell them that their son did not want to talk to them? Is she aware that all visitations are monitored and recorded ( w the exception of attorney meetings) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmholden913