Cahtherine Crier dating Ted Turner

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
I read this in one of the tabloids over the weekend. They have apparently attended several public events together.

I really like Catherine and her show. As for Ted, I dunno, he seems to have (or had) quite a few problems, including - according to Jane - unfaithfulness and alcohol abuse.

Interesting... and certainly a match I would never have considered. He's got a ton of money and is very philanthropic, but he's certainly lacking in the personality department, IMO.

I thought he had married again after Jane Fonda......:confused: And I thought Catherine Crier was married...off to Google....

I've been a huge fan of Catherine Crier since her days as a federal court judge here in Texas. My best to them both!!!!!!

He isn't:" Family: Son of Robert Edward Turner Jr. and Florence (Rooney) Turner; married Judy Gale Nye, 1960 (divorced, 1962); married Jane Shirley Smith, 1964 (divorced, 1988); married Jane Fonda, 1991 (divorced, 2001); children: five (first marriage, two; second marriage, three)."

Link: http://www.answers.com/topic/ted-turner

She is (or was): "Catherine Crier
Born: 6-Nov-1954
Birthplace: Dallas, TX
Father: William Crier (banker)
Mother: Ann
Sister: (2 sisters)
Husband: Michael Barrett (m. 1978, div. 1987)
Husband: Christopher Wilson
"

Link:http://www.nndb.com/people/528/000049381/

I am also a huge fan of Catherine Crier. Ted's philandering is epic in Atlanta not just Jane's version. This was going on back in the 80's. Maybe he will be more faithful since he is older and sown his wild oats. I can't see CC putting up with that behavior. JMO.

I am also a huge fan of Catherine Crier. Ted's philandering is epic in Atlanta not just Jane's version. This was going on back in the 80's. Maybe he will be more faithful since he is older and sown his wild oats. I can't see CC putting up with that behavior. JMO.

Amen! We've all done things in our past that we'd like to go back and change.

Here's something I didn't know... her TV show was cancelled on April 10.

Court TV has cancelled legal news show Catherine Crier Live after a seven-year run. The star's contract was up and the network wants to fill more of its schedule with the entertainment shows it programs in prime. Staffers were informed today at a 3:00 p.m. meeting.

The show, which premiered in January 2000, clashes with Court's new stepped-up focus on unscripted drama. In March, Court announced it will ditch its name and change its programming under a rebrand slated to take effect Jan. 1, 2008.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6432551.html

I stopped watching CC because she got way too liberal with her comments. Her show is not supposed to be political. Yet, she insisted on throwing out her political views much too often for my taste. I think that she and Ted will be a good match. Jane is very liberal. So, Ted must be, too. ;)

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6432551.html

I will miss her intelligent show but hope she will get picked up by another cable network. I read CTV (or whatever it will be called) is going to have some major reprogramming. :( :( Here's an example:
Among the programs in development for the newly christened network: Bounty Girls, about a team of female bounty hunters in Florida, and The Real Hustle, showing scam artists and pickpockets at work in New York City.

I think Catherine Crier knows what she's doing!

I stopped watching CC because she got way too liberal with her comments. Her show is not supposed to be political. Yet, she insisted on throwing out her political views much too often for my taste. I think that she and Ted will be a good match. Jane is very liberal. So, Ted must be, too. ;)

I am just like you, I really enjoyed Crier until she started making a point of cramming her poitical views down her viewers throats. He is way too liberal for me as well. And yes, Ted is EXTREMELY liberal - wonder how much he has influenced Crier in that regard? I don't think she used to be as liberal as she seems now.

I'm not a fan of Ted Turner. We went to the aquarium in Charleston, SC that he apparently helped to fund. He happened to be there the day we were and was taking a tour with a lady friend. We were the tour group behind his and often we were at exhibits together. The crap that came out of his mouth had my family and I laughing so hard. I am shocked that the aquarium was big enough to hold his giant ego. He was so pretentious and commented on his money and donations so many times. We even caught our tour guide rolling his eyes at one point.

I'm not a fan of Ted Turner. We went to the aquarium in Charleston, SC that he apparently helped to fund. He happened to be there the day we were and was taking a tour with a lady friend. We were the tour group behind his and often we were at exhibits together. The crap that came out of his mouth had my family and I laughing so hard. I am shocked that the aquarium was big enough to hold his giant ego. He was so pretentious and commented on his money and donations so many times. We even caught our tour guide rolling his eyes at one point.

yes, he is a legend in his own mind.

I used to prowl the streets with one of Ted's sons. They have lots of Charleston ties and that's where I grew up. Very odd family.

And yes, Ted's philandering is as legendary in Charleston as it is here in Atlanta.

Good luck to him and Catherine Crier, though. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.....:rolleyes:

I am astonished that CC would date someone like him. He is incredibly rude and boorish. Even Jane Fonda couldn't put up with him!

He spoke at my college graduation, and all I could think was that someone with that much money should be able to afford a speech writer and a coach to help him deliver it. He is a horrible public speaker and an infamously bad romantic partner. I though CC had more sense than that.

How in the Herck did I lose out to turner?I tolld Cathrine should leave her boots under my bed anytime:D

I am astonished that CC would date someone like him. He is incredibly rude and boorish. Even Jane Fonda couldn't put up with him!

He spoke at my college graduation, and all I could think was that someone with that much money should be able to afford a speech writer and a coach to help him deliver it. He is a horrible public speaker and an infamously bad romantic partner. I though CC had more sense than that.

Welllll, maybe CC is impressed with his other a$$ets and connexxxxtions.

Eve

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz
Back