OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recapping everyone's current "residence" of incarceration:
1) George WagnerIII (ie Big George) in jail Lexington, Kentucky
2) Angela Jo (Mrs. BG) in Delaware County Jail, Ohio
3) George Wagner IV (Little George?) in Ross County, Ohio
4) Edward "Jake" Wagner in ???????
Is having everyone in different locations a "strategy" or "happenstance."
My thought is Big GIII, given the opportunity, would take the rap on the whole crime... as some backward sense of being "noble." However, too much, too late.
Edward Jake is in Franklin County Ohio ( Columbus)

I think, after the death/disappearance of a mother, the father just automatically has custody of a child, unless child welfare determines he's unfit. And in that case, it would likely be awarded to his parents, so he could still be involved with her through them.

CRSr and DR couldn't file for custody in the event of Hanna's death, IMO, although they could sue for visitation rights. What Visitation Rights Do Grandparents Have in Ohio? That might have been problematic in relocating to Alaska. But were the Wagner's so legally savvy? Or were they just full of hatred?
Grandparent rights prevail when the parents are unmarried, or one parent is deceased.

Jeff actually posted quite a few tweets about his reasons for withdrawing his $25K reward. He protected the tweets soon after and only his confirmed followers can still see them.

Cartel concerns behind Jeff Ruby's withdrawal of $25K reward

“In a Tweet posted around 6:15 p.m. Friday, Ruby said, "The savage execution of the Rhoden family was barbaric! If by cartel, my involvement puts our family in harms way." The tweet included what appeared to be a picture of Ruby and family.

Ruby might have also hinted at his reasoning for withdrawing the money in a Thursday Twitter post in which he used the hashtag, "#6kids4grandkid

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/83432754

I remember reading that tweet. I just never found him to be intimidated by anything in other rewards, or situations. It's just my thoughts. It was his reward to pull though, no matter his reasoning.

I think it might be possible that a couple might be tried together, but probably not all of them. I don't think that a spouse can be made to testify against a spouse, so there's that to possibly consider.

According to many of the news articles in the last few days, co-defendants in death penalty cases in Ohio are required to have separate trials

Prosecution of Wagners in Rhoden murders to take 'years,' cost thousands

In Ohio, co-defendants in death penalty cases are required to have their own trials, so it’s possible the four cases could be tried in four different counties as each trial will likely generate local media attention.

During Tricia's podcast tonight, Gitana1 mentioned that some cases have been tried with co-defendants together, with separate juries. It would be interesting to see if that option is available in Ohio. We should message Gitana1 and ask her to drop by and discuss it here.

There's also a possibility that one or more of the defendants will accept a plea bargain offer, thereby avoiding a trial. What do you all think? Do you believe any of the defendants will negotiate a deal in exchange for some leniency?

Indeed....and while it is said they made several mistakes and are stupid as doorknobs, their planning and execution was pretty darn good considering the number of people they needed to eliminate in the short amount of time they had.

Where there is a will, there is a way. They accomplished their task, but as much as they planned, they still got caught. I don't think they had a lot of computer savvy either. It was stunning to watch them leave digital footprints all across the internet, and AW even got on one of the FB forums to plead her case.

Seems odd they would hold her there, that is way north of Columbus, when you have Ross County close by and Pickaway County just north of Waverly Ohio.

They may be trying to keep them fairly far apart from each other, and at locations that they can keep them segregated from general population. Limit the chances they can get info to and from one another.

The thing they failed to realize is, that in murders where there is a familiarity with the victims there is always traces of evidence. Random murders are much harder to solve if there are no connections to the victims. But familiar murders always have bread crumbs, sometimes it just takes a while to pick them all up and put the loaf back together moo
It will be very interesting to see what evidence police collected and how the investigation proceeded.

In particular, I wonder if they proceeded to the Wagner's from clues they found, or if they picked up on the Wagner's as having a motive and focussed on them for that reason.

According to many of the news articles in the last few days, co-defendants in death penalty cases in Ohio are required to have separate trials

Prosecution of Wagners in Rhoden murders to take 'years,' cost thousands

During Tricia's podcast tonight, Gitana1 mentioned that some cases have been tried with co-defendants together, with separate juries. It would be interesting to see if that option is available in Ohio. We should message Gitana1 and ask her to drop by and discuss it here.

There's also a possibility that one or more of the defendants will accept a plea bargain offer, thereby avoiding a trial. What do you all think? Do you believe any of the defendants will negotiate a deal in exchange for some leniency?

Yes! Good idea! I thought she'd maybe pop in soon. I hope for a separate trial for each if it makes it more likely they will receive the max. I think that it might be possible that the boys might try to broker a plea for LWOP in exchange for testifying against their parents. I am not so sure that the Ws have been one big happy family prior to this, nor after.

There is a short video titled, "BREAKING NOW & FIRST ON FOX: SWAT teams barrel thru barricade at Wagner farm - a caravan of heavily armed vehicles & an ambulance advance on property @FOX19"
The time on the tweet is 11:34 AM. (2/3rds the way down on the article)
Wagner family members arrested in execution-style murders of Pike Co., OH family
I am just trying to get a time line on the arrests, ie who was arrested first, how much notice the
news teams and cameramen were given (It seems some news crews knew in advance....news-crews-knew?... not easy to type this late at night and harder to say out loud.)
BGWIII arrest time noted as 1345 (guessing that would be 1:45 pm?) Violation time 1216 (is that when the fugitive warrant request was received or issued?)
Just thinking out loud.... farm raided at approx 11:30 am, but BGWIII was already on the road? Does anyone know of the timing of other arrests or if other news crews were tipped off in advance of the arrests?

Last edited:
Wow RSD1200!! I have followed all the "leads" you have provided and you are the real deal! The W's had their "animal breeding enterprises" fine tuned to appeal to people with money. First read
about the dogs that sold for $1800+01 DOGS MAIN PAGE USE , then the KuneKune Pigs (gilts $1,000 boars $1,000!!!) KuneKune Pigs, KuneKune Pigs in the USA, KuneKune Pigs in America, American KuneKune Pigs, KuneKune Pigs Ohio, Ohio KuneKune Pigs, USA KuneKunes, Kune Kune Pigs, Kune Kune, Mini Pigs, Pet Pigs, KuneKune Breeders, USA KuneKune Breeders and now the International Georgian Grande Horses with Fredricka named as Breed Founder Georgian Grande-Champion GG's
Her breeding businesses seem to attract an affluent customer base in the "gentleman farmer" and "ritzy horse" crowd. Georgian Grande Horses For Sale, Friesian Cross Horses For Sale, Friesian Sport Horses For Sale Hmmm, what a fall from grace? Son, daughter-in-law, and two grandsons
being suspected in the murder of 8 innocent human beings? Yep, they certainly are "royal" and she is the Queen of Denial. LE would not be wasting their time filing charges against a 76 year old woman unless her actions were seriously detrimental to their investigation and contained patently false testimony.

Obvious where the "Georg"ian comes from. Yep. Wannabe hillbilly royalty.

Hey BettyP.... seems like we are always covering the 3rd shift, huh? On the aforementioned 34 second tweet/video. After reviewing the footage I counted: 4 Sheriff SUV's, 2 SWAT vehicles, 2 white (evidence?) vans and lastly 1 large Columbus Fire/Paramedic Truck!! Hmmm,
that is certainly a lot of resources/personnel being expended, if the goal was to arrest 1 great-grandmother, at that location, huh? Anyway, just my mind thinking out loud, again.... the intent was to arrest all Four W's at the farm? And the great grannies later in different counties?

Last edited:
I imagine the Wagner family has been prepping for the day they'd all be arrested since the day these crimes happened, if not before. Drilling into the kids heads "Don't say anything to the cops, ask for a lawyer".

That said, if you're the lawyer for one of the Wagner kids and LE puts an offer on the table that allows your client to someday leave prison other than in the back of a coroner's van in exchange for testifying against the rest of the family...you push your client to take it and tell em to sing like a bird.

Court papers say the four went to different homes on the Rhodens' land, shooting their victims - whose ages ranged from 16 to 44 - multiple times.

George 'Billy' Wagner, suspect in Ohio family murders, appears in court

Jake Wagner told the Cincinnati Enquirer in June 2016 that there was a "50/50 chance" that the newborn was his as well, and that the baby should be raised with her older sister. Paternity tests later showed he was not the father.

If true then four different weapons.

There is a short video titled, "BREAKING NOW & FIRST ON FOX: SWAT teams barrel thru barricade at Wagner farm - a caravan of heavily armed vehicles & an ambulance advance on property @FOX19"
The time on the tweet is 11:34 AM. (2/3rds the way down on the article)
Wagner family members arrested in execution-style murders of Pike Co., OH family
I am just trying to get a time line on the arrests, ie who was arrested first, how much notice the
news teams and cameramen were given (It seems some news crews knew in advance....news-crews-knew?... not easy to type this late at night and harder to say out loud.)
BGWIII arrest time noted as 1345 (guessing that would be 1:45 pm?) Violation time 1216 (is that when the fugitive warrant request was received or issued?)
Just thinking out loud.... farm raided at approx 11:30 am, but BGWIII was already on the road? Does anyone know of the timing of other arrests or if other news crews were tipped off in advance of the arrests?
I expect the video footage of the vehicles entering the farm was taken by an enterprising member of the public with their cell phone, who quickly made a deal and sold it to Fox. People are very alert to this possibility now, and always pull out their phone to film anything interesting. I expect it was the same with the BW arrest.

If there'd been a news crew, they'd have showed some footage of the reporter telling the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus