Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Narcissists Prayer:

That didn’t happen.

And if it did, it wasn’t that bad.

And if it was, that’s not a big deal.

And if it is, that’s not my fault.

And if it was, I didn’t mean it.

And if I did…

You deserved it.

I understand that you don’t think it was preplanned, his plea agreement says it was. He has plead guilty to murder in the first degree after DELIBERATION and with INTENT.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/Written Waiver and Guilty Plea.pdf

I’m curious as to why he did it like the next person, and will await the DAs disclosure of their partial motive. He was having an affair...proven. And he disposed of his families bodies in a vile manner and then after went to work and did smiley tv interviews. So I also expect that even with the evidence out I may still not understand as those actions are not something a reasonable man would do. JMO
Yes, there is really no doubt that this was preplanned, as opposed to him suddenly going into a rage because something "triggered" him. He has admitted as much. That's clear. Chris Watts alone was the trigger. Imo

Someone may have already said this, and if so, consider this an my affirmation to that sentiment:

I am so hoping the judge lets CW have it with both barrels on Monday.
I can recall many sentencing hearings where the judge lets loose on the convicted criminal to tell him how despicable and heartless they are and how a worse punishment would be fitting but that they can only impose the maximum sentence allowed by the law. It is always powerful to me to hear words to that effect by the judge. I am so hoping that is what we will hear on Monday.

pre-planning and premeditation are not the same thing.
The question is not really whether or not he planned to kill them, it's how far in advance he planned it. It may have been days, weeks or months. It seems he took steps to at least make it look like she had a reason for leaving. He told people he wanted a separation, deleted his FB account, distanced himself from his family in the weeks before the murder. He immediately had a story prepared for a reason she may have left. He told Nickole, LE and the media that they had an emotional conversation, and made sure to mention to NAU and LE that HE wanted a seperation the very day he killed them. Now there appears to be a letter he wrote before the murder warning his family about his wife in case anything happened to him? Seems a little too obvious to believe. Imo

I did not get the impression from anything that she has said that she is willing to except that her son killed the girls. She said that the lawyers basically cornered him into admitting it, and has given several examples to support that belief. She has implied that Shanann must have done something to cause all this, by insisting that she wants to know what the "trigger" could have been. She has said that she was dangerous. That she kept her son from his family. She claims they had a hard and abusive marraige. She is placing all the blame on Shanann and claims her son was a great guy until she came into his life. It seems obvious she is building a case against Shanann to shift the blame onto her and take it away from her son. This is exactly what he himself tried to do. It is one thing to be in denial but quite another to go on T V and tell the world what a horrible person the murder victim was. That is unacceptable, and in very poor taste. She would have done better to just keep quiet. Jmo
I agree and I think the majority of people will take what she says with a pinch of salt. I am sure though, that in the first interview at least, she says that she will have to believe it, if it is true. (I'm paraphrasing here and this is not my view).

But again I never said she triggered him and mostly this is all I ever receive when asking about the case. I'm not saying that so why do you feel the need to add that when I'm just asking questions.
Why is any comment about Shanann’s behavior - being not perfect relevant to anything? Any reference to her behaviors is implying she is somehow culpable in her and her chikdren's death whether you realize that or not. There is no trigger for annihilating your family that comes from an outside source,
that decision solely lies within in Chris’s mind. He was charged with premeditated murder, this was a decision, not a reaction. There may be triggers for wanting to leave or wanting a divorce but not for killing your whole family. I understand the torture, pain and anguish his mother is going thru but her responses and having compassion and awareness for Shanann’s family do not have to be independent of each other- “I love my son, I believe him, I want the truth”-no barbs thrown at the victims. Saying Shanann is the reason everything went wrong is absolving her son of responsibility and digging the knife even deeper into the Rzucek family. Contrast that with their statement at the beginning of all this to please be kind to the Watts family because they are grieving too.

I agree and I think the majority of people will take what she says with a pinch of salt. I am sure though, that in the first interview at least, she says that she will have to believe it, if it is true. (I'm paraphrasing here and this is not my view).
I know her husband said that. She said that even if he did do it she can't understand why he would plead guilty, that she would fight until the end.

The question is not really whether or not he planned to kill them, it's how far in advance he planned it. It may have been days, weeks or months. It seems he took steps to at least make it look like she had a reason for leaving. He told people he wanted a separation, deleted his FB account, distanced himself from his family in the weeks before the murder. He immediately had a story prepared for a reason she may have left. He told Nickole, LE and the media that they had an emotional conversation, and made sure to mention to NAU and LE that HE wanted a seperation the very day he killed them. Now there appears to be a letter he wrote before the murder warning his family about his wife in case anything happened to him? Seems a little too obvious to believe. Imo
Yes, it does. It will be interesting to hear from the DA after sentencing. I am hoping that what he has to say will help us to understand what the sequence of events was.

I know her husband said that. She said that even if he did do it she can't understand why he would plead guilty, that she would fight until the end.
IMO she just can't understand any of it and IMO her interaction with Shan'ann is clouding her judgement and her ability to see. It does make me wonder what their thought processes have been since August though.

Why is any comment about Shanann’s behavior - being not perfect relevant to anything? Any reference to her behaviors is implying she is somehow culpable in her and her chikdren's death whether you realize that or not. There is no trigger for annihilating your family that comes from an outside source,
that decision solely lies within in Chris’s mind. He was charged with premeditated murder, this was a decision, not a reaction. There may be triggers for wanting to leave or wanting a divorce but not for killing your whole family. I understand the torture, pain and anguish his mother is going thru but her responses and having compassion and awareness for Shanann’s family do not have to be independent of each other- “I love my son, I believe him, I want the truth”-no barbs thrown at the victims. Saying Shanann is the reason everything went wrong is absolving her son of responsibility and digging the knife even deeper into the Rzucek family. Contrast that with their statement at the beginning of all this to please be kind to the Watts family because they are grieving too.
I'm confused. Your reply has nothing to do with the quoted post by myself.

Now there appears to be a letter he wrote before the murder warning his family about his wife in case anything happened to him? Seems a little too obvious to believe. Imo

RS&BBM, Do you think that the letter was part of an abandoned plan to also injure himself and blame it on SW? I can see him intending to stab himself in a non-lethal spot just to make it look as if she had attacked him, but not going through with it, and using that as an excuse to murder her. Maybe that plan was too messy--or scary-- for Christopher. (Sorry, but if his mom can infantilize him *shrugs*, I'm just so disgusted with CW and his parents.)

I agree with you. My post was in response to pre-planning and pre-meditation.

Saying Shanann is the reason everything went wrong is absolving her son of responsibility and digging the knife even deeper into the Rzucek family. Contrast that with their statement at the beginning of all this to please be kind to the Watts family because they are grieving too.

SBM

Exactly. The Rzucek’s were in unbelievable pain when they said that. They had just lost their beloved daughter, and three grand babies at the hands of a man they once trusted. Pain is not an excuse to be unkind. They were extraordinarily kind - to the family of their daughters murderer!!!

Pain is no excuse!!

No, they haven't. They are victims too, they want to know why and they want their son to tell them why.
Shouldn't she take it up with her son? Mrs Watts can publicly demand it, we can demand it here but it's not going to happen if CW doesn't want it to. Where is the misunderstanding? Are you calling foul play? Has CW's rights been violated? I can't see where this is heading because there's too many contradictions.

I don't really read much off this board but I know many of you do, what is the reason some think CW's attorneys coerced him to plead guilty? What is their benefit? I'm just wondering what the reason is for them to talk him into pleading and then not want his family or anyone to be able to talk him out of it. Or if any of our attorneys on the board have ideas, please share.

RBBM, this is brilliant. "This was a decision, not a reaction."

Shouldn't she take it up with her son? Mrs Watts can publicly demand it, we can demand it here but it's not going to happen if CW doesn't want it to. Where is the misunderstanding? Are you calling foul play? Has CW's rights been violated? I can't see where this is heading because there's too many contradictions.
IMO I think the point she is making is she CANT take this up with him. The letter https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...rest/2018CR2003/Letter filed by Non Party.pdf makes reference to being referred to a social worker, does anyone know if this is usual?

BBM
Respectfully, a mother in a panic and kept in the dark (rightly or wrongly). Personally, I'm in that space right now and its not a good place to be.

IMO this thread should be closed until after sentencing.

I have much sympathy for you in the personal situation that puts you in the same space as a mother in a panic and kept in the dark. I admit I cannot imagine what that must be like, and I realize I am very blessed to be able to say that.

Respectfully, you have every reason and right to have a different view of how the parents of CW are publically behaving. At the same time, you must know this forum. We have strict rules about how we discuss each and every topic here. This crime has been very closely moderated by amazing volunteers who keep the participants in line with the values of WS. I can understand if some of what you are reading is hitting too close to home. I can understand that you have compassion for the parents of CW. And respectfully, I wonder if this forum is a healthy place for you to come to. We can’t possibly know your situation, nor should we unless you wanted to share it, so our discussion here is solely focused on this crime, and what is publically known about it. Please know I am not suggesting you leave this discussion. I have sympathy for what you have shared, that as a parent you are in a situation that leaves you panicked and in the dark. Please take good care of yourself, and my prayers to you for your struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni