TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, and thank you for your answers. In a case such as this, you could have certain families with P/C and not others?

So if dead, convicted serial killer A made a confession, the families would ever know?

Or if pictures were indentified in a convicted counterfeiter and killer's possessions, the families would never know?

Or if dear old dead 4th cousin John Doe had been cleared, the families would never know?

One more question Lineman.

Do I understand correctly that theoretically, LE could be confident that they know who is responsible, but for some reason (such as death) can not move forward, and no one would ever know?

That is possible however if LEA had significant evidence the deceadent could be named. In light of the relationship between the Agency and family/community it would be reluctant to release The information.
Case in point. The Zodiac.
After the book was written, Authur Leigh Allen became the prime suspect of many Zodiac amatuer sleuths but police were reluctant to name him as the Zodiac especially after DNA and handwriting samples were inconclusive. Those cases remain open.

Some people are leaders some followers and some just do not want to keep on with this. I see all sides point. (I understand completely a few years ago there was horrendous murders in our family. perpetrator caught and still awaiting death.) (We do not think or speak about it often.)
Most of these poor souls have moved on with their lives after giving up hope. At this point we are here asking questions that these people have answered over and over from 23 Dec. 1974. "They are tired". They have lives and families of their own. Secretly inside they have had enough daily drama. Who could blame them? Keeping an engine rebbed up for this long is no good for anyone. They deserve peace! Constant criticism has no point. I have had a small taste of it but not for an entire lifetime.
We need to support and not tear them down grasping for straws. You that are blood kin do not feel guilty. If you laugh and enjoy life. Yes. I want to see this solved also. Work with each other.
I dont blame them either. I guess most family that were closest to the 3 are deceased. The remaining siblings were very young and this was many years ago. They were babies. I am sure DA and TT care but like you say have been questioned a million times. And if I were in their shoes I wouldn't have much to say for fear of being hounded by detectives again. I believe they have resolved to the fact they are probably not alive and finding the killer if they are alive, which gets slimmer and slimmer as the years go by or answers would be nice but wont bring their family back. I am sure they would get some satisfaction knowing who did it, but not as much as the parents, who suffered the most

Let me just ask in black and white. You have a case with several different families involved. Let's say LE has evidence that convinces them that one was involved, but knows it may never have the evidence to prove it. That persons dies. Would LE then tell the remaining families, "You know we are sure Mr. X did this, but we can't prove it." And then when LE is called, they will say they are still working on it even though that's not really true, unless it's evidence pertaining to the deceased individual.

Let me just ask in black and white. You have a case with several different families involved. Let's say LE has evidence that convinces them that one was involved, but knows it may never have the evidence to prove it. That persons dies. Would LE then tell the remaining families, "You know we are sure Mr. X did this, but we can't prove it." And then when LE is called, they will say they are still working on it even though that's not really true, unless it's evidence pertaining to the deceased individual.

No. LEA would not normally do that. Especially in this case. Family members and Private Investigators have immersed themselves into this investigation from the onset. The Police have been ridiculed for not acting efficiently and effectively. This belief by some has been printed in main stream media and other mediums from day one.

What agency would compete with a washed up Private Eye who has been accused of fabricating evidence and quite possibly also a heroin addict?

Now I ask you, what Police Department in the world would confide in an insider about the true target(s) of their investigation ?

Police investigations are not played out in the media. The police normally hold back significant
Information so as to not contaminate the integrity of the investigation.

Last edited:
So if dead, convicted serial killer A made a confession, the families would ever know?

Or if pictures were indentified in a convicted counterfeiter and killer's possessions, the families would never know?

Or if dear old dead 4th cousin John Doe had been cleared, the families would never know?

How could a dead convicted serial killer make a confession?

Regarding personal belonging to the missing girls found in possession of another ?
Was it property on the victims at the time if the crime?
Was it a trophy taken off the victims body by the suspect?

The police may try to make a connection through an interview to identify the property. At that time they may reveal that a POI in involved without naming that person unless necessary

The police do not normally contact people and tell them “ you are cleared.

How could a dead convicted serial killer make a confession?

Regarding personal belonging to the missing girls found in possession of another ?
Was it property on the victims at the time if the crime?
Was it a trophy taken off the victims body by the suspect?

The police may try to make a connection through an interview to identify the property. At that time they may reveal that a POI in involved without naming that person unless necessary

The police do not normally contact people and tell them “ you are cleared.

HLL and OT confessed to many murders. They are dead now. LE thinks some of those confessions are bs. But they feel others were truthful.

Not talking about personal idems belonging to the victims. Referring to the 100s of photos found in MD's storage unit.

Also, I didn't mean if person A was a POI, then excluded that LE would contact them and tell them. I meant would they tell the families if a long dead family member had been cleared?

Were there any weird teachers in school, you know we hear about those daily now.
I seriously have a question why did police not put 2 cents into the Mercedes story
the guy in prison ( don't remember name) but from reading he seemed to know that there were 3 girls and they became missing from the mall , also the stories of Rachel
coming to Ft Worth or living in the town her parents lived in was all that just a good guess
I think he said he had info on a lot of crimes if the money was right.Police don't think he even knew Mercedes real name.He was either telling the truth or had read about the girls or heard of the case in previous lock ups.

HLL and OT confessed to many murders. They are dead now. LE thinks some of those confessions are bs. But they feel others were truthful.

Not talking about personal idems belonging to the victims. Referring to the 100s of photos found in MD's storage unit.

Also, I didn't mean if person A was a POI, then excluded that LE would contact them and tell them. I meant would they tell the families if a long dead family member had been cleared?

The first two, yes that's what I'm here for. I think most of the suspects have been pointed out, and should absolutely be discussed. I'm not here to defend anyone really, but to help ensure that the toes of LE aren't stepped on, the wild accusations have to go. There is no reason to speculate about anything outside of the case here. Or to accuse family members of anything. If you can't tell by my posts, I'm passionate about this case. And, usually overly blunt.
The wild accusations are the main thing holding this case back.I have been following a couple of months and seen no less than 50 people mentioned as possible suspects.

With McAlphin and others, it's just my opinion, but I think LE have a very good idea who the suspect/s are. I just think it has been very hard to prove. I believe it is someone close, not TT, and I believe that more than one person who is still alive could end it if they so choose. That letter, that letter keeps it close.
That one article in 2001 said LE had 5 suspects surely that has been lowered.

Any confession, by itself, could barely sustain an arrest never mind a conviction. I am positive that FWPD has had at least 100 confessions regarding this case over the last 40 years. Every nutjob and screw ball comes out of the wood work and claims they are the culprit.

Regarding a serial killer making claims, it is possible however it is also in ther nature to claim bodies for their resume or c.v.

Do you have info on photos found among killers possessing ? Or are
You speculating ?

The wild accusations are the main thing holding this case back.I have been following a couple of months and seen no less than 50 people mentioned as possible suspects.

I have never seen 50 persons names however , people will speculate on the evidence available. I can guarantee that the FWPD has several facts, locations and maybe a suspect or two that haven’t been mentioned on this page .

Remember the Police have information. That is not available to the general public .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong