Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just referring to the threat of suing the Watts for libel on behalf of Shanann.
I have no idea about wrongful death suits but it sounds like a good idea, except he has no funds available to sue for, does he ?

But if they were to do that, it would open a whole new can of worms with unkind focus being shed on SW. I think that would happen.

Unless you kill them all at the same time. You can't commit three separate murders without premeditation. But you could kill three people in a rage if it was done at once. Like you push them off a cliff at the same time or within raid succession.

The time it takes to strangle someone to death and make sure their death necessarily means the second and third one had to be premeditated.

And you know I agree with you on what you're saying here. Especially about the the mix of Shanann and CW. Indeed she was imperfect, as are we all. But I think he had a very fragile ego. And while I don't think there's a shred of credible evidence that SW was abusive to that man, the way she talked to him or referred to him in a few public videos did seem snarky or slightly rude on a couple occasions.

And for a sensitive person or one with a fragile ego due to identity problems, that could indeed seem quite emasculating or hurtful. Or both. When coupled with the echoes of parents who raised a lityle narcissist and who hated his spouse and constantly communicated that they felt she was disrespectful, those feelings could fester in an unbalanced, emotionally unstable person with a fractured or incomplete identity.

Why do things like this happen seemingly out of the blue? Various reasons with a lot of apparent commonalities. A mismatched relationship could certainly be the trigger.

But as I've said repeatedly, these crimes are truly never about the behaviors of the victims but are always about the characters of the murderers. Because most people deal with things their spouses do that upset them or hurt them -sometimes public things -without violence. They talk to them and tell them not to do something. They get mad and argue. They separate or divorce.

It is only defective people who react to unpleasant or unappreciated behavior of those close to them, with such shocking, horrific violence.

The answer to why ALWAYS goes back to the perpetrator and his or her origins.

But I think some (definitely NOT you) cannot accept that and just must cast blame on the victim. No matter how subtly. Because if we can't blame the victim then we have to consider that this could happen to us, too.
I agree. I believe that is why so many people think he couldn't have done it because he looked nice, soft spoken, good job, hands on dad, etc. If it could happen to Shanann, it could happen to anyone.

Sooner rather than later, I hope, history will remember this case for what most of it has seen: another FA who seemingly out of nowhere committed the unthinkable and tried desperately to get away with it. I imagine it will be studied for the twist of choosing to plead versus fight...which I still think must have something to do with the original motive of an FA - to make everything they don't like/want go away because they can't stand the exposure of who they truly are....their flaws, faults, etc. I truly believe CW desperately wants to shut it all down as quickly as possible - not at all for the sake of any family - but because he can't take even the daily or weekly questions/reviews/strategy sessions with his attorneys...going over the evidence of his depravity and the secrets he held tight from his life. I truly believe that is why there was such an early plea, long before trial or any other details would have come to light about the case. Just my 2 cents.

I think one of our VI's proved to us, that CW told his friends/family a lot of negative stuff about his wife. He told them he wanted a separation and he told SW that many times, but she didn't believe him.

He told them how she made fun of his clothes, on one of their first dates. Said he looked like a skater boy, and she
got him new clothes to wear instead.

He told the VI about his AP, right from the start.
Exactly. It sounds like he was bashing her to this VI, perhaps in an effort to justify the affair that she clearly knew about.

He painted himself as the victim, while painting her as the bad guy.

It’s probable that he was saying these same things to his family, friends, and just about anyone who would listen.

Poor CW!

Unless you kill them all at the same time. You can't commit three separate murders without premeditation. But you could kill three people in a rage if it was done at once. Like you push them off a cliff at the same time or within raid succession.

The time it takes to strangle someone to death and make sure their death necessarily means the second and third one had to be premeditated.

And you know I agree with you on what you're saying here. Especially about the the mix of Shanann and CW. Indeed she was imperfect, as are we all. But I think he had a very fragile ego. And while I don't think there's a shred of credible evidence that SW was abusive to that man, the way she talked to him or referred to him in a few public videos did seem snarky or slightly rude on a couple occasions.

And for a sensitive person or one with a fragile ego due to identity problems, that could indeed seem quite emasculating or hurtful. Or both. When coupled with the echoes of parents who raised a lityle narcissist and who hated his spouse and constantly communicated that they felt she was disrespectful, those feelings could fester in an unbalanced, emotionally unstable person with a fractured or incomplete identity.

Why do things like this happen seemingly out of the blue? Various reasons with a lot of apparent commonalities. A mismatched relationship could certainly be the trigger.

But as I've said repeatedly, these crimes are truly never about the behaviors of the victims but are always about the characters of the murderers. Because most people deal with things their spouses do that upset them or hurt them -sometimes public things -without violence. They talk to them and tell them not to do something. They get mad and argue. They separate or divorce.

It is only defective people who react to unpleasant or unappreciated behavior of those close to them, with such shocking, horrific violence.

But I think some (definitely NOT you) cannot accept that and just must cast blame on the victim. No matter how subtly. Because if we can't blame the victim then we have to consider that this could happen to us, too.
Good post, as always. Kudos. I believe there is evidence that Shanann was good to CW in private, like making meals for him, concert tickets, favorite shirts. Some of the things we've seen and know about, lead me to believe there was love and kindness from Shanann. And his sweet daughters loved him. completely.

I would like to add that the same rules apply to every other inmate as well. No one is picking on Chris.

Yes and this is a very high profile case. Are we really supposed to believe that his attorneys and the jail or anyone involved in this aren't doing their very best and crossing T's and dotting I's? Are we really supposed to believe they are being sloppy or denying Christopher his rights or intentionally breaking laws? Come on.

I am so naive and sheltered, apparently. Why would a podcaster endeavor to erode confidence in the DA of Weld County, using Facebook reviews no less? Referencing episode 15, starting around minute 28:30 forward. This is in no way journalism, and I clearly understand why Websleuths only accepts specific types of media as sources.

But my question is earnest. Why attack the DA? I guess it is a question I may pose to the originators, but I was wondering if those more savvy here might have more insight.

Please delete if simply asking this question goes too far.

I think one of our VI's proved to us, that CW told his friends/family a lot of negative stuff about his wife. He told them he wanted a separation and he told SW that many times, but she didn't believe him.

He told them how she made fun of his clothes, on one of their first dates. Said he looked like a skater boy, and she

If her commenting on his clothes on their first date bothered him so much why did he keep dating her? Marry her? And I wonder why the VI didn't ask him that. I missed that whole thread apparently. I can't feel sorry for anyone that knows how someone is from the start and then complains about them. I can't feel sorry for anyone that could have filed for divorce but chose to kill instead. Maybe Shanann didn't believe him because he kept sleeping with her and he only talked about a divorce, he never did anything to work toward it such as moving out, or filing for divorce. JMO

I almost wish for that, as atleast it will lead to her acceptance of the truth, and the Shanann bashing may cease.

I truly don’t believe that whatever is revealed in the courtroom, will lead to a revelation in her mind.

Even if she is brought to the realization that he did this, she will simply redirect blame to Shanann.

“Yeah, he killed his wife and kids, but she made him do it.”

This is spot on. I honestly believe that is how she would and does feel already to some extent. He's a victim. He's incapable of thinking for himself, so when Shanann took him away and did his thinking for him, she did it "wrong" unlike Mama who did all of his thinking for him "right".

I 100% believe she's been waiting for a trial, and I think she expected to have Chris provide his whack *advertiser censored* letter and his sob story about how badly Shanann abused him, and probably expected to testify herself about how horrible and dangerous and disrespectful Shanann was.

The jury and judge would have a massive revelation that Chris was a sainted man and sainted father, a poor abused husband who had to strangle his wife for harming his children. Sympathy, tears, maybe a voluntary manslaughter charge or something, a minimal sentence - say 10 years and he's out in 5 for good behavior. Who cares if Shanann's dead? She was evil. Who cares if the children including unborn Nico are dead? They were half Shanann anyway. Chris could be at the Christmas table with a new perfectly chosen by mama wife inside of a decade and this vile mess could just be swept under the rug.

I think the reality of the situation and the consequences for his actions are so shocking she can't comprehend them. At all.

The VI posts by this member are fascinating in retrospect. They're in around threads 20 through 26, if the memory of my insomnia activities one night are correct. I highly recommend that everyone re-read them in the down time before Monday.

Last edited:
Yes, quite tmar :D

Textbook self-inflicted injuries. A tiny scratch across his chest avoiding his nipples, when the rest of his family had been axed over the head multiple times. Pathetic.

Was it okay that I chuckled at your post? Not being snarky. It was sarcastic funny. :D

I am so naive and sheltered, apparently. Why would a podcaster endeavor to erode confidence in the DA of Weld County, using Facebook reviews no less? Referencing episode 15, starting around minute 28:30 forward. This is in no way journalism, and I clearly understand why Websleuths only accepts specific types of media as sources.

But my question is earnest. Why attack the DA? I guess it is a question I may pose to the originators, but I was wondering if those more savvy here might have more insight.

Can someone tell me how to access these podcasts? I've looked for a link but can't find it. Thanks so much!

Defective people who are so hurt, who feel so worthless, sometimes they lose it, but their feelings of worthlessness can’t be attributed to their spouses because we are each responsible for our own self esteem. Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt a person with healthy self esteem. I can accept CW & SW were still young, marriage is a long journey of learning about one another, and they hadn’t figured out how to live together in harmony, yet. But then I think of Bella and CeCe. Why? Why? Why? They had absolutely nothing to do with their parents’ marital conflicts. Why kill them? It doesn’t make sense. And then I’m back to point zero. I can’t wait until we find out on Monday. I hope you will be present, here, at Websleuths @ 10:00 am, because I know I’ll have a lot of questions!

As for those who still believe that SW murdered the children, I don’t think it has anything to do with the murders and seeking truth and justice. I think it’s all about them, and the pleasure and notoriety they derive from being different. I think it’s an ego thing for them. It gives them a dark and sick power. It’s very strange.

That’s an interesting thought. If I was not hearing anything from my son, I’d want to know what was going on. If CW would only have talked to his mother (he obviously didn’t/doesn’t want to) her interview could have been avoided.
I seriously doubt that even if CW talked to Cindy, and told her that he was guilty of all 9 counts against him, Cindy would still be giving interviews.

And the narrative would be:

"Chris said he's guilty BUT I know he was coerced to say that, he was threatened, he was brainwashed, he's trying to spare me from a trial, .............., ................., ............., .........., ................"

Because the longer this goes on, the more attention these podcasters receive.

The more attention they receive, the greater the profit.

Their target audience is the delusional people who don’t care about truth and facts.

Those people who are governed by emotion, hate, and disdain for a strong woman.

This case ends, the goose stops laying the golden egg.

IMO they are hoping to make a name for themselves in the podcasting world by riding the coattails of this case and exploiting their relationship with CW's family to do so. Anything they can throw at the wall to see what will stick will be fair game, IMO. I find their podcasts and FB groups to be tabloid-esque and unprofessional at every turn. I listen only to hear what CW's family might be up to next. Fortunately, I think they will be devoid of many options (or at least a media megaphone) to slander SW further once the evidence comes out. IMO

BBM.
That's what people are trying to answer. But when they do so with their opinion as to what fueled him, what created him, what prompted him and why he thought this was okay, people are being chastised for "armchair diagnosing" and insinuations that imperfect Shanann was to blame seem to be being made.

But various people have already given their answers in extremely knowledgeable and detailed posts, some including cites.
Delete.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that even if CW talked to Cindy, and told her that he was guilty of all 9 counts against him, Cindy would still be giving interviews.

And the narrative would be:

"Chris said he's guilty BUT I know he was coerced to say that, he was threatened, he was brainwashed, he's trying to spare me from a trial, .............., ................., ............., .........., ................"
Well, she did hear him plead guilty to all of it and that is what is she is saying. Nothing would be different.
I rather think that the interviews were not about claiming he was being treated unfairly, more that it was her chance to bash Shanann some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44