Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so naive and sheltered, apparently. Why would a podcaster endeavor to erode confidence in the DA of Weld County, using Facebook reviews no less? Referencing episode 15, starting around minute 28:30 forward. This is in no way journalism, and I clearly understand why Websleuths only accepts specific types of media as sources.

But my question is earnest. Why attack the DA? I guess it is a question I may pose to the originators, but I was wondering if those more savvy here might have more insight.

Please delete if simply asking this question goes too far.
I'm not at all familiar with any podcast but perhaps it is someone who wasn't happy with the way the DA treated the Tom Fallis case. JMO

Exactly, I believe original member you are responding to had tongue in cheek.
See, its so easy to misunderstand, when reading what people type. I have a new grand baby and I guess that's why I can't understand Mrs. Watts. I don't always like my SIL ( I tell him I love him like my own child. Sometimes I like them, other times not so much). If I hated him like the Watts family appears to Shanann, I would still love my grandbaby. He is a part of my daughter. I couldn't have stayed home. Thankfully, I do love my SIL like he is mine.

Well, she did hear him plead guilty to all of it and that is what is she is saying. Nothing would be different.
I rather think that the interviews were not about claiming he was being treated unfairly, more that it was her chance to bash Shanann some more.
I wonder if she saw the presser and heard the spotlight shine comments and this is in retaliation

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Did his dad not say the same though?

Oh- I'm sorry. I thought the original post I was replying to was regarding the belief that Mrs. Watts may be exhibiting NPD traits. I didn't realize we were discussing the possibility that Mr. Watts may have agreed with his wife's statements. Sorry about that. :D I'll do my best to answer your question with my personal opinion.
No, I don't believe Mr. Watts is exhibiting the same traits, or that he was necessarily saying the same thing as Mrs. Watts. Here's why: IMO, I don't believe he attempted to dominate the conversation (he said very little with the opportunity afforded to him during the interviews- he chose to let Mrs. Watts do most of the talking). He did not claim that SW was unsuitable and "ruined" Chris. He is not the one who claimed the decision not to attend the wedding was because he could not get along with her. He did not belittle SW numerous times. He did not appear to have trouble regulating his emotions by accusing the defense in any way. He did not mention LWOP was the same as their son being dead. His name was not included in the email sent to the judge. He was not the one trying to prove his sons innocence by showing family photos of how perfect their son was growing up (how could he have gone from a great athlete, smart young man who wanted to be a NASCAR mechanic, possibly turn in to a murderer?). He did not claim that SW was dangerous and may have said/did something to cause their son to do this. (There are additional things that I feel could be listed, but will review the interviews posted to verify my beliefs).
Again, I'm not saying that Mr. Watts did or did not agree with his wife's statements or believe these statements are an accurate assessment of (both of) their feelings. I am just stating that I do not personally believe he has exhibited the same desperation (which may/may not be warranted) or personality traits as Mrs. Watts.

Well, she did hear him plead guilty to all of it and that is what is she is saying. Nothing would be different.
I rather think that the interviews were not about claiming he was being treated unfairly, more that it was her chance to bash Shanann some more.
Yup, without a trial and her own chance to testify, this would be her last chance.

Last edited:
IMO they are hoping to make a name for themselves in the podcasting world by riding the coattails of this case and exploiting their relationship with CW's family to do so. Anything they can throw at the wall to see what will stick will be fair game, IMO. I find their podcasts and FB groups to be tabloid-esque and unprofessional at every turn. I listen only to hear what CW's family might be up to next. Fortunately, I think they will be devoid of many options (or at least a media megaphone) to slander SW further once the evidence comes out. IMO

I agree. And is this not the same podcast that began by essentially stealing the name of the top true crime podcast out there? Until they were forced to change it? I’m not putting much faith in their desire to be a fact based information source.

I was only able to listen to part of one episode before the palpable dislike of SW became too much. They have only served to amplify the ugly behavior of CW’s mom.

Jmo.

Because the longer this goes on, the more attention these podcasters receive....This case ends, the goose stops laying the golden egg.

IMO they are hoping to make a name for themselves in the podcasting world by riding the coattails of this case and exploiting their relationship with CW's family to do so. Anything they can throw at the wall to see what will stick will be fair game, IMO.

Thanks guys. Attacking the DA with rumor and innuendo strikes me as SO WRONG. I've got a far grander respect for those in our public legal professions than folks who disseminate remarks of that nature. Sorry to be vague, but geeesh!

It is frustrating to realize that listeners/members of the public might believe that a plea deal in a murder case may not be valid because someone on Facebook complained about how a Weld County judge handled a dog complaint... o_O And this implicates the DA how?

Critically analyzing speech and communication is a hobby of mine as to what people are actually saying, but I am less experienced in understanding why.

IMO they are hoping to make a name for themselves in the podcasting world by riding the coattails of this case and exploiting their relationship with CW's family to do so. Anything they can throw at the wall to see what will stick will be fair game, IMO. I find their podcasts and FB groups to be tabloid-esque and unprofessional at every turn. I listen only to hear what CW's family might be up to next. Fortunately, I think they will be devoid of many options (or at least a media megaphone) to slander SW further once the evidence comes out. IMO
I stand by my prediction. The judge is next on their list. MOO

Thanks guys. Attacking the DA with rumor and innuendo strikes me as SO WRONG. I've got a far grander respect for those in our public legal professions than folks who disseminate remarks of that nature. Sorry to be vague, but geeesh!

It is frustrating to realize that listeners/members of the public might believe that a plea deal in a murder case may not be valid because someone on Facebook complained about how a Weld County judge handled a dog complaint... o_O And this implicates the DA how?

Critically analyzing speech and communication is a hobby of mine as to what people are actually saying, but I am less experienced in understanding why.
People believe these things because they want to, not because there is any compelling evidence on which to base their opinion.

These people saw videos of Shanann on Facebook, didn’t like what they saw, and twisted them into a false narrative, one that makes CW atleast partially innocent.

Confirmation bias can be a powerful thing, and this podcast just gives these vile people what they want:

Rumors, innuendo, and lies on which they can fuel their campaign of hate against an innocent victim and her family.

I'm not at all familiar with any podcast but perhaps it is someone who wasn't happy with the way the DA treated the Tom Fallis case. JMO
Forgot to mention, you were right that the hearing would likely have a plea deal! That is amazing. You must be relieved that justice is being served. You were right, the Defense was quite good - I'm glad it did not go to trial after all.

Forgot to mention, you were right that the hearing would likely have a plea deal! That is amazing. You must be relieved that justice is being served. You were right, the Defense was quite good - I'm glad it did not go to trial after all.
So true. I never saw a plea deal coming, and quickly disregarded the notion that one was coming.

I was glad to be proven wrong in this regard.

It’s great that his defense team was able to get CW to see the writing on the wall.

They’ve been solid from the beginning, which everyone on here was actually in agreement on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member