Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is inexcusable:

“But Cindy Watts told 9NEWs that the appearances were deceiving. She and her husband did not go to the couple’s 2012 wedding. “We didn’t attend because Shanann and I just couldn’t get along,” she said. “I didn’t like the way she treated him.” That friction continued throughout the marriage, she said. She said she did not believe he was excited about Shanann’s pregnancy.”

Really? Does Mrs. Watts really believe making statements like this will evoke sympathy for her poor, misunderstood son? Mrs. Watts is a vindictive and vicious woman IMO.
Chris Watts' parents question plea deal in murder of wife, daughters

Well he was excited enough to impregnate her.....

The tears in court were for himself! No tears when he disposed of his wife and daughters -- he was practically exuberant with his sights on freedom, while enjoying his pretty shirt (graciously gifted him by his late wife).
Agree. It would be very interesting to know what he looked and acted like at the house that Sunday night/Monday morning. And at the oil tank field. And at home that night. Was he angry, aggressive, crying then, laughing, freaked out or what? We know what the Thayers and porch were like. He’s had 3 months to think about things, but I agree, the tears now in court?.....hmm.

Oh, there are lots of losers here.

Losers who continue to push a narrative of lies, hate, and deceit.

A narrative that turns the victim into a villain, and the villain into some sort of misunderstood victim.

Losers who seek to profit, and those who take pleasure in tearing down the innocent.

Losers who were blind to facts, and those who still are.

Losers who are quick to spot the imperfections in others, while neglecting to see their own.

This case has brought out the worst in some people, and I can think of no better word in which to describe them.

Losers.

Well said!

I can't predict whether she'll go or not. Part of me thinks she wouldn't miss this opportunity to exert some control over something, and the other part of me thinks there's nothing she can do to change anything. Plus she's put the boot in already, and to top it all she's been denied her request for the Judge to phone her. What a mess!

Agree. It would be very interesting to know what he looked and acted like at the house that Sunday night/Monday morning. And at the oil tank field. And at home that night. Was he angry, aggressive, crying then, laughing, freaked out or what? We know what the Thayers and porch were like. He’s had 3 months to think about things, but I agree, the tears now in court?.....hmm.
He’s crying for himself, it’s different. It’s got to be pretty humbling to admit in front of your parents and the world that you strangled your wife and your 2 beautiful daughters, and snuffed the life out of your unborn son while in the process, and then you tampered with their bodies. How low can a person go? I half expect him to wake up Monday morning and say, “I changed my mind. I’m not going.”

I didn’t think a personality disorder was a mental illness either, rather a defect of the personality. I could be wrong though.
All of the Personality Disorders are basically considered mental illnesses, that's why they are in the DSM. Some are more mild than others. Someone can have narcissistic tendencies but not necessarily be diagnosed. In fact many are not. They are probably not likely to seek help or be evaluated because they don't think anything is wrong with them. Jmo

I can't predict whether she'll go or not. Part of me thinks she wouldn't miss this opportunity to exert some control over something, and the other part of me thinks there's nothing she can do to change anything. Plus she's put the boot in already, and to top it all she's been denied her request for the Judge to phone her. What a mess!
Any chance she’ll shout out something? Like, “Noooooooooooooo!!! He didn’t do it!!! He’s innocent!!! Somebody, listen to me!!!

I didn’t think a personality disorder was a mental illness either, rather a defect of the personality. I could be wrong though.
They are considered separate from things like depression, anxiety, etc., but still mental health disorders. Prior to DSM 5 (the current edition), personality disorders were called Axis 2 disorders. They are now listed as their own category as personality disorders. They still fall under the broad umbrella of a mental health disorder.

All of the Personality Disorders are basically considered mental illnesses, that's why they are in the DSM. Some are more mild than others. Someone can have narcissistic tendencies but not necessarily be diagnosed. In fact many are not. They are probably not likely to seek help or be evaluated because they don't think anything is wrong with them. Jmo

Also accurate. One can have traits of a personality disorder without meeting the diagnostic criteria (much like someone could have depressed mood often but still not be “clinically depressed”). NPD is notoriously difficult to treat because as MsBetsy said, they don’t see a problem. The problem is always someone else.

Also accurate. One can have traits of a personality disorder without meeting the diagnostic criteria (much like someone could have depressed mood often but still not be “clinically depressed”). NPD is notoriously difficult to treat because as MsBetsy said, they don’t see a problem. The problem is always someone else.
Or as in this particular case, the problem is everyone else.

Ok, so I’m a thread and a half behind but I wanted to comment on a few things.

CW reminds me of CA. Lord help us with Cindy’s!

CW reference to “He is not the scociopath next door” referenced here Chris Watts' parents question plea deal in murder of wife, daughters

There is a book titled The Scociopath next door. It makes me wonder why/how she read it? Bookslut | The Sociopath Next Door

Next, I never understood how stupid CW was? If he was smart he’d have actually called off work that day. That would have given him time for better disposal. He could have told work he and his wife were having issues, said a kid was sick, said Shan’ann was sick and pregnant, whatever. He’d have been able to respond to her texts from her phone telling NUA that she was skipping the doctor since she and CW had things to discuss and she’d get back to her later. It would have bought him time to clean up and do a better job of hiding the bodies. He could then have claimed the chose to separate and SW and the kids left him, buying him even more time. He was just stupid, just like most FA’s are.

On a personal note, my son is having surgery on 11/20, I’m going to be off work and able to read and read after the sentence. I’m so hoping for a doc dump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks