TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any confession, by itself, could barely sustain an arrest never mind a conviction. I am positive that FWPD has had at least 100 confessions regarding this case over the last 40 years. Every nutjob and screw ball comes out of the wood work and claims they are the culprit.

Regarding a serial killer making claims, it is possible however it is also in ther nature to claim bodies for their resume or c.v.

Do you have info on photos found among killers possessing ? Or are
You speculating ?

Those photos were never released to anyone other than LEA across the country. Whether FWPD did due diligence is another question.

Last edited:
Any confession, by itself, could barely sustain an arrest never mind a conviction. I am positive that FWPD has had at least 100 confessions regarding this case over the last 40 years. Every nutjob and screw ball comes out of the wood work and claims they are the culprit.

Regarding a serial killer making claims, it is possible however it is also in ther nature to claim bodies for their resume or c.v.

Do you have info on photos found among killers possessing ? Or are
You speculating ?

Yes. I understand that a confession alone is not enough for an arrest and prosecution. At least not if you want a conviction to stick.

I've read about this missing persons/ probable abduction case off and on for many years. It gets DFW media coverage every year or so close to Christmas.

I'm looking at this without any preconceived ideas about any family member or family friend. The simplest answer is it was a stranger abduction/ forced kidnapping which ended tragically at some point or points. They may not have died at the same place or same time. I don't think they are alive now. I believe they died shortly after the abduction.

Two things stand out to me: While I'm really sure there are some average and normal guys at the Army Navy surplus store, back then, it was basically a huge draw for old hippies/ druggies. Some may have served in Vietnam, and had emotional problems afterwards. Men's clothing was very cheap, and the people who wore Army greens were pretty much fringe people only. Not mainstream population. ( Not sure what the girls had bought but I'm talking about grown males).
The girls went there first. Could they not have been followed to the shopping center from the Army Navy store very easily?
I'd start where their shopping started for the reasons I stated.

Next, in the 70's, especially early to mid 70's, there tended to be a lot of parking garage attendants and service personnel in larger more upscale shopping centers and malls such as the one they went to.
I was driving my first car in 1975 and I recall needing to have dollar bills to tip up to 4 different people just in the parking lot to one of the store's doors.
Also, it should be remembered that back then everything was " full service" and that there were people working during the holidays as extra temporary help as well.
I doubt any background info was gathered on the seasonal workers except where to send the paychecks and a working phone number. It would probably be easy to fake being a lot attendant... helping 3 girls put packages in their huge car.

I fully believe that something happened to them in the parking area. They had a large car, they had packages, and would have been a bit distracted with all their shopping and putting things in the car trunk. Abduction could probably be achieved with just a threat of harm and no physical force, it would have been such a shock. Girls didn't know not to get into any stranger's car for any reason back then.

Trunks were HUGE in the 70's full sized sedans. My former husband and I were given his aunt's Buick Wildcat ( a mid 70's model car) in the early 80's, and 3 tall adults would have fit in the trunk, no kidding. SIX people could fit in the car, with bucket front seats! Four in the rear, two in the front. It was probably comparable in size to the Olds 88 the girls were traveling in. Cars of that era were called land yachts for good reason. 3 unconscious, stunned, tied up or deceased young women could easily have fit into a 1970's car's trunk.

I've read about this missing persons/ probable abduction case off and on for many years. It gets DFW media coverage every year or so close to Christmas.

I'm looking at this without any preconceived ideas about any family member or family friend. The simplest answer is it was a stranger abduction/ forced kidnapping which ended tragically at some point or points. They may not have died at the same place or same time. I don't think they are alive now. I believe they died shortly after the abduction.

Two things stand out to me: While I'm really sure there are some average and normal guys at the Army Navy surplus store, back then, it was basically a huge draw for old hippies/ druggies. Some may have served in Vietnam, and had emotional problems afterwards. Men's clothing was very cheap, and the people who wore Army greens were pretty much fringe people only. Not mainstream population. ( Not sure what the girls had bought but I'm talking about grown males).
The girls went there first. Could they not have been followed to the shopping center from the Army Navy store very easily?
I'd start where their shopping started for the reasons I stated.

Next, in the 70's, especially early to mid 70's, there tended to be a lot of parking garage attendants and service personnel in larger more upscale shopping centers and malls such as the one they went to.
I was driving my first car in 1975 and I recall needing to have dollar bills to tip up to 4 different people just in the parking lot to one of the store's doors.
Also, it should be remembered that back then everything was " full service" and that there were people working during the holidays as extra temporary help as well.
I doubt any background info was gathered on the seasonal workers except where to send the paychecks and a working phone number. It would probably be easy to fake being a lot attendant... helping 3 girls put packages in their huge car.

I fully believe that something happened to them in the parking area. They had a large car, they had packages, and would have been a bit distracted with all their shopping and putting things in the car trunk. Abduction could probably be achieved with just a threat of harm and no physical force, it would have been such a shock. Girls didn't know not to get into any stranger's car for any reason back then.

Trunks were HUGE in the 70's full sized sedans. My former husband and I were given his aunt's Buick Wildcat ( a mid 70's model car) in the early 80's, and 3 tall adults would have fit in the trunk, no kidding. SIX people could fit in the car, with bucket front seats! Four in the rear, two in the front. It was probably comparable in size to the Olds 88 the girls were traveling in. Cars of that era were called land yachts for good reason. 3 unconscious, stunned, tied up or deceased young women could easily have fit into a 1970's car's trunk.

I was a teenager living in the Fort Worth area during the time of the disappearance. A great many of us shopped at the Army Navy store the girls went to that day. They sold hip huggers in bright colors and all the girls had to have them. It's my understanding one of the girls was picking up similar (if not the same) pants that very day. I don't recall ever feeling out of place or fearful/nervous when shopping at the AN store.

As far as Seminary South...it was a simple outdoor shopping center in the 70's though bigger than anything FW had ever seen. In addition, there was no parking structure, parking attendants, or service personnel to assist customers in the parking lot as you have described. It would eventually be renovated a few times over the years that followed. But in '74, it was simply a shopping center surrounded by a very large parking lot.

Those photos were never released to anyone other than LEA across the country. Whether FWPD did due diligence is another question.

Try contacting Stephen Michaud...the author of Lethal Shadow. I am not certain he saw all the photos, but I am sure he saw some. Some of which were in the book. He may be able to direct you to who to contact about viewing the photos or to find out who may have been suspected of being in those photos. I know LE has closed cases involving MD based on evidence found and also knows he was very likely responsible for other that neither were prosecuted because of the money and effort that would have had to been provided to do so. It is a shame because that guy was pure evil and who really knows the extent of all his crimes.

I still have difficulty absorbing the theory that a lone gun man could possibly force 3 young girls into a car, in the middle of the day in a crowded parking lot?

Young people are different than adults when confronted with a hand gun. They would be most likely run in different direction not submit and put their hand up.

As to the theory that there were multiple bad guys?

I doubt it . Highly unlikely that a serial killer would share their prize. In addition, if you are committing a crime the best way to ensure its secrecy is NOT to have accomplices.

I am sure that FWPD deduced this as well even back in 1974.

What I haven’t seen in this page is what was going on in the life of Trlicia and Wilson, 14 days prior to them being reported missing ?

What was Trlicia andWilsons history with the police, her husband, job previous/current relationships and family outside of the marriage?

What was the girls socio-economic class? Any prior relationships? Criminal history of family memebers?
Was the inheritance if Trlicia estate a point of contention in the marriage? What was Trlicia first marriage relationship about? History of DV?
Did the girls have a job and what was their standing there?

I think when we explore what was happening in the girls lives 2 weeeks prior to their disappearance it may be possible to add or rule out suspects.

Jealousy and anger are strong motivators.

Last edited:
What I haven’t seen in this page is what was going on in the life of Trlicia and Wilson, 14 days prior to them being reported missing ?

What was Trlicia andWilsons history with the police, her husband, job previous/current relationships and family outside of the marriage?

What was the girls socio-economic class? Any prior relationships? Criminal history of family memebers?
Was the inheritance if Trlicia estate a point of contention in the marriage? What was Trlicia first marriage relationship about? History of DV?
Did the girls have a job and what was their standing there?

I think when we explore what was happening in the girls lives 2 weeeks prior to their disappearance it may be possible to add or rule out suspects.

Jealousy and anger are strong motivators.

Just trying to help:

TOS states that we can't post the name of any POI that has not been made public by LE. There have been no named POIs for this case.

Also, is does not allow sluething of family members or those persons that we think are POIs.

Not trying to boss. Just really want this forum to stay up.

Last edited:
Just trying to help:

TOS states that we can't post the name of any POI that has not been made public by LE. There have been no named POIs for this case.

Also, is does not allow sluething of family members or those persons that we think are POIs.

Not trying to boss. Just really want this forum to stay up.

I wasn’t Naming suspects.
Just put out information for consideration. The time line for 12/23 has been beaten to death on this page and from other sources.

So what about the 14 days prior to the MP report on the two girls ?

This is standard investigative process in order to assist in develop a psycho-social profile of the victims.

I still have difficulty absorbing the theory that a lone gun man could possibly force 3 young girls into a car, in the middle of the day in a crowded parking lot?

Young people are different than adults when confronted with a hand gun. They would be most likely run in different direction not submit and put their hand up.

As to the theory that there were multiple bad guys?

I doubt it . Highly unlikely that a serial killer wouldn share their prize. In addition, if you are committing a crime the best way to ensure its secrecy is NOT to have accomplices.

I am sure that FWPD deduced this as well even back in 1974.

I completely understand your thinking above...however it wouldn't be difficult to convince the other 2 girls not to flee with the threat of harm to the third girl. I am sure it is been done and could be done quite easily. Just that nothing makes any sense in the case except that all 3 girls disappeared without a trace and no valid witnesses to an abduction. It had to be apro...IMHO.

I completely understand your thinking above...however it wouldn't be difficult to convince the other 2 girls not to flee with the threat of harm to the third girl. I am sure it is been done and could be done quite easily. Just that nothing makes any sense in the case except that all 3 girls disappeared without a trace and no valid witnesses to an abduction. It had to be apro...IMHO.

Or they didn't disappear from the mall.

It is not that simple . In the adductor’s mind o e of the primary goals is to commit the crime covertly.
The risk would be to great to commit this crime in the environment the girls were in. I am not saying that this isn’t possible but quite improbable.
Why expose yourself to a possible
Identification procedure? Why expose your vehicle to a witness ? Why risk running into a security vehicle ( unless it was one)

Preservation of one’s own life supersedes ALL protective instincts even if only for a second or 2. What I have read about Rachel, she was feisty and spunky young lady.
The old “ fight or flight” theory.

Did any of the young ladies have enough money to be buying gifts or was this just an excuse to go somewhere? Anywhere? Possably an excuse to drive around. Even to investigate something thinking safty in numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member