Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weighing so heavy on me right now, especially about Shanann, Nico, Cece, and Bella. I'll be glad when Monday is here and done. Going for a walk in the sunshine. Everyone take good care. Hug your children and grandchildren when you can.
All of the new developments are giving us more answers, but they are hard to hear. Enjoy your sunny walk and yes, let's hug our loved ones!

In fact, I'm pretty sure it would be a violation of his rights if he were FORCED to talk to his mother more than he wants to do so. Why does anyone want to take away his right to talk to whom he wants to, when he wants to?
Thank you! I love common sense talk, makes this crazy world more bearable.

since Ashleigh Banfield is now gone, is there any National television show that is covering this case on a regular basis? Or just HLN occasionally on different shows?
Not certain of others but LAW AND CRIME NETWORK filed to live stream the Sentencing hearing on Monday. Perhaps their talking heads will later do a feature story on Watts murder.

I am suddenly reminded of Leanna Harris, whose husband was convicted of the premeditated hot car death of their son Cooper. She was asked to complete a victims impact form, which of course was supposed to be about how the crime had affected her as mother of the victim. Instead, she filled it out from the point of view of husband Ross as a victim.
Oh really?!! I didn't follow the case closely but gee whiz, it can happen then!!

What's interesting is that per the Act they aren't considered victims. Yet the court deemed them so:

" The Victim Rights Amendment states:
Any person who is a victim of a criminal act or such person’s designee, legal guardian, or surviving immediate family members if such person is deceased, shall have the right to be heard when relevant, informed and present at all critical stages of the criminal justice process. All terminology, including the term “critical stages” shall be defined by the general assembly (Article II, Section l6A Colorado State Constitution)."

Victim Rights Act (VRA) | Division of Criminal Justice

They've certainly been treated as victims. Given notice of proceedings and plea deals and transported to hearings. Etc.

But they don't fall within the definition. Unless in-laws are considered "immediate family"?
My guess is the Judge doesn't consider them to be in the "in-law" category. His order called them "paternal grandparents" and they do have a biological connection to the girls. I think the Judge wants to hear what they have to say directly rather than through their attorney. JMO

What's interesting is that per the Act they aren't considered victims. Yet the court deemed them so:

" The Victim Rights Amendment states:
Any person who is a victim of a criminal act or such person’s designee, legal guardian, or surviving immediate family members if such person is deceased, shall have the right to be heard when relevant, informed and present at all critical stages of the criminal justice process. All terminology, including the term “critical stages” shall be defined by the general assembly (Article II, Section l6A Colorado State Constitution)."

Victim Rights Act (VRA) | Division of Criminal Justice

They've certainly been treated as victims. Given notice of proceedings and plea deals and transported to hearings. Etc.

But they don't fall within the definition. Unless in-laws are considered "immediate family"?
Respectfully, they are the paternal grandparent's of Bella and Cece which I believe would be considered immediate family, no?

Extended interview with Cindy Watts. Wow! Watch this. The things she says.
Extended Interview: Cindy Watts, Chris Watts' mother, questions son's plea deal

I have to comment again. Mommy keeps acting like CW loved his kids too much to murder them. Does she realize that SW also loved them?! Shan'ann was enduring three high-risk pregnancies in order to bring her children into this world. Apparently mommy doesn't understand all of the emotional and physical challenges that this encompasses. I am sure Shan'ann appreciated her kids in a way that CW and mommy could never imagine.

My guess is the Judge doesn't consider them to be in the "in-law" category. His order called them "paternal grandparents" and they do have a biological connection to the girls. I think the Judge wants to hear what they have to say directly rather than through their attorney. JMO
Their attorney has no standing as they are not a party to the case. They apparently have a right to make a statement as a victim at the hands of CW.

@Charlot123 said:
I have a question/consideration. If NK and CW were meeting in his empty house when his family was in NC, I have no doubt that someone, and probably some friends of CW, must have seen them. After all, the neighbor with the camera might have seen people entering the house. (I understand, the neighbor might not necessarily be the friend).

But friends living in the town, surely they knew?

I know that we all prefer not to "meddle" into the relationships. But maybe it is a very wrong approach? I would like to discuss it because we need to know how to prevent such events in the future.

LATE EDIT to correct CW friend ident @Trinket78
As soon as that arrest affidavit was online, and before any of us wondered who
N.Kessinger was, she had been outed online by people who worked for that company. Apparently it was not a secret to them, nor was it short lived, according to those posters and I read several sarcastic comments about how "cozy" they were at work. Within a day or so her name had been redacted. I am still undecided as to how truthful she has been so far.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the judge is concerned about what the Wattses seem to want to say about CW's plea deal; I think he is making sure that they are afforded their right to speak as survivors of their son's crimes.

Zero. She hasn't mentioned him yet except once to say that Christopher never wanted him.
this comment alone shows what a cruel twisted halfwit his mother actually is.

this was not helpful to her sons cause no matter which slant she wanted to push.
her hatred of shanann and clearly her personal disgust that chris had impregnated her AGAIN the kicker here.

I think we all know how a baby is made ;)
and it all contradicts her vitriol.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members