Found Deceased CA - Ian Powers, 32, Levi's Stadium, 49ers game, Santa Clara, 12 Nov 2018

I’d put the odds of foul play here at about 500,000-1, and the odds of being drugged at 1,000,000-1. The guy got intoxicated at a football game, got lost, and sadly stumbled into the water. It happens all the time, and it’s tragic, but I firmly believe this was accidental.

I agree that it very well could’ve been accidental, but I just can’t figure out how his body would’ve gotten one mile off shore?
Some SF locals were commenting earlier on the news article that the waters near that marina are very calm.

I think if he fell off a dock or a walkway and drown, he wouldn’t have drifted too far away. Maybe some locals will chime in..

Coroner working to determine if body found In bay is missing 49ers fan
The Santa Clara County Medical Examiner-Coroner’s Office is working to identify a body that was found Saturday in San Francisco Bay near San Jose, authorities said.

San Jose police were notified around 2:52 p.m. of a possible dead body in the water near the Alviso Marina at 801 Mill St., Sgt. Enrique Garcia said in an e-mail Sunday. The coroner’s office is investigating the identity of the male victim, he said.

San Jose police scanner audio of initial call out to a body in the water. Starts at 2:15 minute mark.

http://garchives1.broadcastify.com/16804/20181117/201811171651-68970-16804.mp3

The initial call indicates the body was face down, on the bank, 1 mile from the marina, possibly a male. That seems slightly at odds with the initial news article that said divers recovered the body. Ah, low tide to high tide is 6 feet.

Tidal current is +/- 1 knot.

My concern is that if he was 1 mile from the marina/boat dock, he is not where his body could have floated if he went into the water of either creek he crossed. The scenari0s of a drunk person falling into the water don't work.

The initial call indicates the body was face down, on the bank, 1 mile from the marina, possibly a male. That seems slightly at odds with the initial news article that said divers recovered the body. Ah, low tide to high tide is 6 feet.

Tidal current is +/- 1 knot.

My concern is that if he was 1 mile from the marina/boat dock, he is not where his body could have floated if he went into the water of either creek he crossed. The scenari0s of a drunk person falling into the water don't work.
Listen to the full feed.

Respectfully --- I'm getting a slight David Paulides missing 411 'vibe' about this.
Found in water ? Was there water located in his lungs ; or was he dead before this ?
Was he decomposed at all, or was it like he'd just fallen in the water that morning ?

So sorry for his family. Hope they get all of their questions answered.
Rest in peace, Ian !

I know, right? Soccer games in the United States also mix the fans? Because I can't see it happening in my country. The whole place would just be destroyed.
If there's a big group of friends or family members that support the rival team, they usually sit together but the ones who are fans of the rival team don't usually sport any gear and just lay low so nobody goes crazy. Also, in my country, when watching a soccer game, if you want a beer you have to get up and go get it from the concession stand (no cans or bottles allowed, everything - even soda and water, is served in plastic cups). The only thing being sold in the seatting area is popcorn and peanuts.
Soccer here is no big deal for fan control.The one exception is USA-Mexico which should have seperate seating but they haven't any matches I have attended including WC qualifiers and it was pretty scary.Then you have clubs where the ultras have different political beliefs and sitting together would never happen.

Last seen on CCTV leaving the stadium at Entry Gate 6 as per images in the video at this link:
Video Shows Missing 49ers Fan Leaving Levi’s Stadium

Coroner Working To Determine If Body Found In Bay Is Missing 49ers Fan
Snipped from above...
...San Jose police were notified around 2:52 p.m. of a possible dead body in the water near the Alviso Marina at 801 Mill St., Sgt. Enrique Garcia said in an e-mail Sunday. The coroner’s office is investigating the identity of the male victim, he said.

Google Maps

Last seen on CCTV leaving the stadium at Entry Gate 6 as per images in the video at this link:
Video Shows Missing 49ers Fan Leaving Levi’s Stadium

Coroner Working To Determine If Body Found In Bay Is Missing 49ers Fan
Snipped from above...
...San Jose police were notified around 2:52 p.m. of a possible dead body in the water near the Alviso Marina at 801 Mill St., Sgt. Enrique Garcia said in an e-mail Sunday. The coroner’s office is investigating the identity of the male victim, he said.

Google Maps
Could he have gone under the freeway and swung left and gone into the water there? It’s slightly closer, but I don’t know what the lay of the land is over there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back