Leah Remini - Troublemaker

MagicRose99

Watch out for my thorns!
Reaction score
Has anyone read Leah's book, Troublemaker? I've started the audio book and to hear the story in her own voice is really interesting and holding my attention. She has a "No Holds Barred" approach in telling her side, which includes her issues and faults as well as her families.

I LOVE Leah Remini! I confess it. I watched every year of KING OF QUEENS just because she was in it.

Also watching every episode of her Scientology show, even though the stories of apostates are pretty much all the same after awhile.

I like her, too, because of her honesty and her bravery dealing with Scientology. She is up against a no-holds-barred type organization, IMO, and she knows better than a lot of us, IMO, what danger she could encounter -- she's already been threatened and back-stabbed, etc. She is trying to tell the world the horrors and negative whatever-all that organization can and does do to individuals, families, etc., etc.

Well, she's certainly opened my eyes. And what convinces me more than anything that Scientology is a tax exempt CULT is that it is the only "religion" that recognizes NO higher power. NONE. Other than L Ron Hubbard. And, I guess, the mighty mighty dollar that allows them to get their way. Scary, disquieting stuff.

Well, she's certainly opened my eyes. And what convinces me more than anything that Scientology is a tax exempt CULT is that it is the only "religion" that recognizes NO higher power. NONE. Other than L Ron Hubbard. And, I guess, the mighty mighty dollar that allows them to get their way. Scary, disquieting stuff.
Excellent post, Catmammy!

GO LEAH GO , love her . she is the reason I watch “ king of queens “ she is beautiful , smart , funny & sexy as hell . seems to be a no nonsense type of woman . been watching her Scientology show & her warning to all as too what a fraud the church really is , I hope she can do some serious damage to the cult & bring them down .

Some branches of Buddhism don't really include a "higher power" in their theology. Even the "Buddha", in sects that emphasize him, is a great teacher, not a deity in the monotheist sense.

Leah Remini is an exceptionally brave woman to be taking on an organization like Scientology. Their power is almost to the point of surpassing that of the Vatican. But the difference is that they don’t try to hide all of their dirty laundry. They both have skeletons in their closet, but Scientology tends to add bodies that are still breathing on a daily basis. Anyone who is willing to go up against something like that, has guts that would stretch to Neptune and back about 50 times.

Has she continued her series? It's been so long since I have seen one of them on Scientology with Mike. And as she says, the way to bring them down is to redact their tax-free religious status

I agree; just look at their history of criminal bullying of government officials, justice department officials saying that they did not prosecute because they didn't want to lose. What cowardice! I don't get TV.

Has she continued her series? It's been so long since I have seen one of them on Scientology with Mike. And as she says, the way to bring them down is to redact their tax-free religious status
bbm
That would be a big, bit hit, and one that IMO absolutely should be done, but what would it take to get COS removed from tax-free religious status? Does anyone out there know?

bbm
That would be a big, bit hit, and one that IMO absolutely should be done, but what would it take to get COS removed from tax-free religious status? Does anyone out there know?

She talked it about such on her television show, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to regurgitate it back to you. Perhaps another person can give you a succinct answer.

bbm

Along the lines of -- it's determined that Sciencetology is a business but not a church.

Marty Rathbun’s project becomes clear: Someone’s worried about Scientology & the IRS | The Underground Bunker

No idea how that would be determined? If there is no higher power? Or are the extra-terrestials their higher power? Haven't read about that part in a long time.

We see this organization as a business, but I suppose you/someone might see my denomination as a business?

Then again, where is Shelly Miscavige?

https://jezebel.com/scientology-attorney-demands-jezebel-remove-our-story-o-1831229261

Is Scientology really that different from our society? IMO no. They have rules just like our society has rules. If you mess up you are in the system. In some ways our system is no different from Scientologies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back