OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wa

s he killed at the trailer?

I thought it was CRSR kIlled first. My thought is he and GR were killed and moved back to the trailer. But where and why?

And it sticks that CRSR was more decomposed. But why and where was hevuntil the others were killed? Could he have been killed away from trailer and his body brought in after the killings began st Dana’s? I’m not making much sense out of it.

I can't wrap my head around HOW someone is able to "sneak" into a trailer. I lived in one early in life. They squeak, etc everywhere, especially those older ones.

Same thought I have had. Sister had two mobile homes and yes the floors do squeak, & they were new. I can’t imagine what an older old would sound like.

I still wonder how they made entry. When Christopher’s trailer was shown there were windows open. Jake was at Dana’s that evening & wonder if he unlatched/unlocked a window while there. As far as kenneth I still think he may have been shot through a window. As far as Frankie’s trailer ??

Exhaustive investigation leads to break in Pike County murder case - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

When Billy Wagner was arrested at 1:18 p.m. in Fayette County, Kentucky, on Tuesday, he was reportedly hiding in the back of a Flying W Farms horse trailer.

This gets me. Kinda makes me chuckle. He's found "hiding" in a horse trailer. Such a big bad man. Hiding to avoid taking responsibility for his deplorable actions. He can slaughter people in the middle of the night, yet, can't face the day karma bites his sissy azz in the daylight.
Seeing him in court in his safety orange jumpsuit. No huntin for you, Billy Boy. Someone called it a "onesie". He's like a big Baby Huey.

There's a special something about opening one eye in the middle of the night and realizing you ain't dreaming, and, yes, in fact, you ARE in a cell trying to sleep on a flapjack for a mattress and a metal bed. Oh, and having a piece of tin foil for a mirror, so you won't do anything stupid. Probably explains his hair "do not do".
I hope and pray just one of them gets tired of waking up in a cold concrete box with bars and having their whole life dictated by someone else - with a gun, no less.
I been holdin that in for a few days. LOL

I think ole Billy got a call that told him the day had come.

Although we’d all like to believe he’s a chicken___, I’ve also ridden in a horse trailer as a calming presence to my sisters animals. Not a comfortable ride but that wasn’t the purpose.

The important part is that they are in custody.

And I’m not sure he realized he had a tail all the way from Pike County. Maybe he was aware but had gotten accustomed to being followed. But one hewas at the end of the driveway, and away from the staff at the animal center they got him. It was the safest place the Lexington and Pike County BOYS IN BLUE could get him in the event he was armed. Before he got on the highway and gained speed. There were enough of them there that he was overwhelmed and put up no resistance.

Chances are he will never walk free again.

Yeah, pieces of "fluff" falls off of silencers and the Ws were incredibly naive about technology and digital footprints. Obviously AW didn't teach up-to-date STEM in her home school lessons

I’m not so sure they were as naive as I first thought.

They did a decent job of covering up enough to require LE to do a 2.5 year Investigation.

They thought of the shoes

They monitored their computers, probably loaded spyware onto cell phones, and my guess they may have reverse programmed the cameras on their computers, I pads, and cell phones and monitored, read and listened into conversations. If I understand indictments correctly.

They knew work schedules, and enough that they knew Kenny showered at CRSR trailer before going to work.

If those trail cams/home security cameras wee recorded to a hard drive that was also linked to the Internet those could have been used to monitor every movement made on those properties.

They probably hired some talent but the skeleton of the plan was complex for backwoods hill billies to plan. I think one or more Waggies had a degree of skills and Angela was military. She and Grandma were the brains. I just don’t think FW GOT CAUGHT at her first involvement. FW has decades if life experience and probably a good sense of business and yes I believe computer skills attached to her business. Or maybe the decision was made not to charge her with the murders due to her age. Money wasted as she’d not survive to get through trial. Imo

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the Wagners and Rhodens were neighbors, more or less. So I was surprised to read that they lived a solid 30 miles apart. Rural or not, those are a lot of miles to cover back and forth and risk not being seen.

I was under the impression that the Wagners and Rhodens were neighbors, more or less. So I was surprised to read that they lived a solid 30 miles apart. Rural or not, those are a lot of miles to cover back and forth and risk not being seen.

Yet, only just under 12 miles, 23 minutes drive, via Camp Creek Road to the 1st location on Union Hill from Flying W farms.

Where were G&AW, GWIV and JW actually living when the murders went down?

Same thought I have had. Sister had two mobile homes and yes the floors do squeak, & they were new. I can’t imagine what an older old would sound like.

I still wonder how they made entry. When Christopher’s trailer was shown there were windows open. Jake was at Dana’s that evening & wonder if he unlatched/unlocked a window while there. As far as kenneth I still think he may have been shot through a window. As far as Frankie’s trailer ??

Regardless of method of entry window or door one would make noise. Was the family drugged? We’re pets drugged or fed to keep them quiet? We won’t know until the first trial.

But I’ve been thinking about other murders in the area. Could the Waggies done this before as a way to augment their income? Did they travel to other areas of the country, at the pc It was mentioned that investigators traveled to 10 states and thousands of miles.

Murdering 8 people the first time out of the gate with the degree of planning and execution is unusual.

We’re they serial killers who were hiding in plain sight? This is at the point where not one weird thing would surprise me. And I generally have a level headed conservative viewpoint. There are to many aspects of this case that don’t fit.in the end perhaps the weirdness is just that. Bizarre and weird.

Pw

Im a lawyer have worked in the CJ system for many years (not in Ohio) and I wonder about people’s motivations and capacity for committing violent crimes a lot. It’s hard to understand how people get in this headspace that they commit such violently atrocious acts. I will say, I have never had to work on a murder that has been this intricately planned. But my only real insight is that people who commit violent acts are just wired differently then the rest of us. It’s a combination of narcissism, entitlement, low levels of empathy, inability to appreciate consequences, and high levels of (misplaced) confidence. No doubt that the parents are the leaders here IMO.
CLARITA Welcome to this forum!! bbm above Your background in CJ echoed the statements of DeWine..... the sustained savagery and massacre involving 4 locations and months of planning....will have everyone shaking their heads in disbelief for decades.

I'm trying to get thru the pages to avoid asking redundant questions and I'm sure this has been asked here. Did JW marry his girlfriend? Apparently she was from Texas and moved to Alaska, did she return with them? I keep wondering if she is the CI.

Since she's not a suspect at this time, we shouldn't be sleuthing her. It's not really fair to her. Perhaps LE will reveal more later.

To whoever was asking about the entry into the homes by the W's. In addition to studying the R's sleep patterns, it is thought that they probably didn't lock their doors as they lived out in the "boonies" as we call them or "Podunk Nowhere" where I live ;) It is not unusual at all for folks to leave their doors unlocked around here, yes even in this day and age. The only reason I started locking ours was because my son's best friend whom we call 2nd son kept coming over after he got off work after 1:00a and I would wake up jarringly until I got my bearings. I finally started doing it because as I told him "One of these days I am going to shoot you if you don't call out when you come thru the door" :eek: He now calls my son in advance.
Good for you! That's something we've debated back and forth a lot here. My answer would be "all of the above". some doors might have been locked, some not. Perhaps with guard dogs around, some felt safe in leaving them unlocked.

CLARITA Welcome to this forum!! bbm above Your background in CJ echoed the statements of DeWine..... the sustained savagery and massacre involving 4 locations and months of planning....will have everyone shaking their heads in disbelief for decades.

Yes, welcome to the forum! Thanks for your helpful feedback! :)

I've lived in them too. We weren't the only ones living there either. You could feel everything, but you could also hear everything. EVERYTHING. o_O Someone gets up to use the restroom, you know alllll about it, a child runs across the deck, and you can feel vibrations. However, at some point, I seem to remember just sleeping through it all (except for tornadic weather). However, someone having to tinker with a door lock, or a thump through a window, would be a different sound. I swear, either the Rs didn't lock their doors, or I believe the Ws got hold of keys. I think JW stayed as friendly with the Rs, as possible, and was tolerated. He was the mole. I wonder if any of the deceased had "lost" their house keys leading up to this.

I lived in mobile homes, too. You get used to the normal creaks and groans and sleep through them. I also lived near a busy railroad for a while. The trains didn't even wake me after a while. I'm sure hounds barking would be ignored after a while...

Yet, only just under 12 miles, 23 minutes drive, via Camp Creek Road to the 1st location on Union Hill from Flying W farms.

Where were G&AW, GWIV and JW actually living when the murders went down?

The family of GWIII, including children and grandchildren, were living at 260 Peterson Rd, Peebles, OH at the time of the murders. Below is a link to a map showing the different locations.

Google Maps

I've looked at this map many times and still lean towards the murders actually being staged out of Flying W Farms. Maybe they started out there beforehand, then ended up at their home on Peterson Rd. Not sure. What do you all think?

ETA: KR's trailer wasn't at 799 Left Fork Rd, his home didn't have an address. He was actually a little farther east on LFR.

Updated map

Google Maps

Last edited:
Since they lived together, Jake would have likely had Hanna's email and Facebook passwords allowing him to read her messages and impersonate her. If Hanna and her mom shared a computer, he may have also known Dana's email and Facebook passwords.

Since they went to the trouble of making their Wal-Mart purchases (casing catcher, bug detector, specific shoes...) it's not at all far fetched to think that key-stroke capture software might have been acquired and deployed by the W's on the R's electronics.

Does anyone remember early reports of a missed trail cam that caught images of one or more of the killers? If I'm remembering correctly, that piece of evidence may have gone a long way toward the indictments, especially when put alongside the Wal-Mart purchases. Difficult to explain away all of that.

Since they went to the trouble of making their Wal-Mart purchases (casing catcher, bug detector, specific shoes...) it's not at all far fetched to think that key-stroke capture software might have been acquired and deployed by the W's on the R's electronics.

Does anyone remember early reports of a missed trail cam that caught images of one or more of the killers? If I'm remembering correctly, that piece of evidence may have gone a long way toward the indictments, especially when put alongside the Wal-Mart purchases. Difficult to explain away all of that.

I think that cam was in a birdhouse but LE said it wasn't any help. But then, LE don't have to tell the truth...

Pw

Im a lawyer have worked in the CJ system for many years (not in Ohio) and I wonder about people’s motivations and capacity for committing violent crimes a lot. It’s hard to understand how people get in this headspace that they commit such violently atrocious acts. I will say, I have never had to work on a murder that has been this intricately planned. But my only real insight is that people who commit violent acts are just wired differently then the rest of us. It’s a combination of narcissism, entitlement, low levels of empathy, inability to appreciate consequences, and high levels of (misplaced) confidence. No doubt that the parents are the leaders here IMO.

In this case it seems as
Pw

In this case, it appears that 4, or maybe all 6 of the indicted, are completely devoid of any ability to feel empathy, qualifying them as psychopaths. That's the only way that I can see that not one of them cracked after the murders under the weight of what they had done.

I agree with you that a strong sense of entitlement must be pervasive throughout the family, and emotional wiring that, thankfully, is completely foreign to the vast majority of people. I think even after the trials, their motivation isn't going to make any more sense than it does today.

In this case it seems as

In this case, it appears that 4, or maybe all 6 of the indicted, are completely devoid of any ability to feel empathy, qualifying them as psychopaths. That's the only way that I can see that not one of them cracked after the murders under the weight of what they had done.

I agree with you that a strong sense of entitlement must be pervasive throughout the family, and emotional wiring that, thankfully, is completely foreign to the vast majority of people. I think even after the trials, their motivation isn't going to make any more sense than it does today.
I agree, there’s no making sense of it. No matter the motive, there’s zero justification. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if all our heads are spinning a little more once we hear more details because none of it will ever make sense to a rational mind.

He heard someone coming and I think DR was awake by then and may have called or screamed out in fear since I believe "someone" was in her bedroom, too. He was hiding because he had no time to escape and maybe his phone wasn't right with him or he didn't have time to call 911. He must have been terrified and, as a last resort, what else could he do but hide?
Jmo.

I have no proof of this; it's just my opinion. I think there's a strong possibility that cellphone/signal jammers were used, given the number of people killed and their close proximity to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4