OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recall, though, that the prelim autopsy reports stated KR's time of death was around the same time as most of the others. CR1 was the only one who appeared to have been killed before. Seems unlikely KR would have gone to bed so late at night (after midnight), especially since he was an early riser, getting up around 5 am. People have had a lot of discussions of alternate scenarios about KR's murder, but JMO it's pretty much the same as the others - he either left the door unlocked with his guard dog inside or someone got a key/picked the padlock.

I've never heard or read anything about a locket or necklace in relation to the Rhoden murders. Was that in the news or AR's or is it a rumor? TIA
Ok, so what if the timeline was CRSR 1st with someone staying behind, Jake picked up Sophia, and brought her home. The other Rhodens were killed after by the ones left with CRSR's body, with Kenneth being taken care of by Jake so he wouldn't have to go all the way back to the properties.

Recall, though, that the prelim autopsy reports stated KR's time of death was around the same time as most of the others. CR1 was the only one who appeared to have been killed before. Seems unlikely KR would have gone to bed so late at night (after midnight), especially since he was an early riser, getting up around 5 am. People have had a lot of discussions of alternate scenarios about KR's murder, but JMO it's pretty much the same as the others - he either left the door unlocked with his guard dog inside or someone got a key/picked the padlock.

I've never heard or read anything about a locket or necklace in relation to the Rhoden murders. Was that in the news or AR's or is it a rumor? TIA

I'm very curious about the locket also, Betty P.

I've been thinking back on the timeline of events. I've always thought the purchase of DR's new home somehow triggered the events a month later. If HR moving into that home took away the W's reasons they wanted to use for JW to get custody, that would have really pissed them off.... The Ws may have decided there was only one way to do it now and put their plan in motion...

There aren't many details in the indictments, but apparently there is evidence of them purchasing special shoes at Wal-Mart. Perhaps they were shoes they just wore that night, then threw away. If they left footprints at the crime scene, purchase records would have allowed LE to match the shoes with footprints. JMO.

They bought the same kind of shoes that the Rhoden's wore so there would not be be different footprints than normal.

There aren't many details in the indictments, but apparently there is evidence of them purchasing special shoes at Wal-Mart. Perhaps they were shoes they just wore that night, then threw away. If they left footprints at the crime scene, purchase records would have allowed LE to match the shoes with footprints. JMO.

I get where they were going with purchasing generic shoes, but I bet they left a digital trail for the purchases they made that's pages long. Just at 1 Wal-Mart trip alone...Wal-Mart security cameras, security footage to indicate what's purchased, security footage capable of clarity that LE could use to identify suspects, highly detailed scanner software at any big box store to assist with inventory - even if security footage wasn't clear enough, purchases are time and date stamped with internal records, any one of cell phone data/credit card data/video could put suspects at the location at the exact time of purchases. No, I just don't think they are nearly as smart as they think they are.

They bought the same kind of shoes that the Rhoden's wore so there would not be be different footprints than normal.

Maybe vinyl rain boots that would wash off easily? They had to be worried about tracking blood into their vehicles that could be detected by forensics. With water proof rain boots they could have washed them off before getting into the car.

JMO

Apologies if this has already been posted, but, these four (then two more), are diabolical, but being evil didn't mean that they were as smart as they thought they were. Again, I'm not a proponent of the DP but I'd not cry for these four if it should go that route.

It could be possible that the CI helped LE in knowing when to strike, so that the four would not be together. Untelling how that would have ended had they all been together and the children with them.

A child hostage situation would have been terrible...

Part of me is surprised none of DR's family was killed in the carnage. This leads me to think they were planned as possible scapegoats, or maybe only R homes were targeted and not LMs or JMs bc the routines there were better established. Or both.

Obviously LM thought he knew who was to blame. I still wonder about his odd comment about if they can live with it so can we. Huh? And we on't got no hatred in our hearts? More piqued at LE? Was he afraid of the bullies? Wondering why his peeps weren't targeted? Or if they'd be next?

What the diddley-flop happened? Were Ms that scared of these bullies or did they know what set off the carnage and didn't have no hatred in their hearts???

He made these comments within days of the murders, IIRC. I read that statement and hear a man struggling with many emotions and influences on those emotions, his faith being one. It's a common principle of many faiths not to hold hate in your heart. On the practical side of things, he was probably trying not to come down extremely hard on LE, bc his family needed them for justice. Imoo, that was directed toward LE. He's clearly frustrated with them, but wants them to know he has no hate in his heart for them. I can't imagine being interviewed after I just lost 8 members of my family. There's no telling what I might say.

He made these comments within days of the murders, IIRC. I read that statement and hear a man struggling with many emotions and influences on those emotions, his faith being one. It's a common principle of many faiths not to hold hate in your heart. On the practical side of things, he was probably trying not to come down extremely hard on LE, bc his family needed them for justice. Imoo, that was directed toward LE. He's clearly frustrated with them, but wants them to know he has no hate in his heart for them. I can't imagine being interviewed after I just lost 8 members of my family. There's no telling what I might say.

He was likely in shock, also. He wasn't thinking on all cylinders...

Part of me is surprised none of DR's family was killed in the carnage. This leads me to think they were planned as possible scapegoats, or maybe only R homes were targeted and not LMs or JMs bc the routines there were better established. Or both.

Obviously LM thought he knew who was to blame. I still wonder about his odd comment about if they can live with it so can we. Huh? And we on't got no hatred in our hearts? More piqued at LE? Was he afraid of the bullies? Wondering why his peeps weren't targeted? Or if they'd be next?

What the diddley-flop happened? Were Ms that scared of these bullies or did they know what set off the carnage and didn't have no hatred in their hearts???

IMOO. Regarding LM's comments about not having any hatred in their hearts and all, keep in mind that if the W's post bond they'll be out in the community again, and if anything were to happen to them (or if they conveniently disappear) while they're out the M's are going to automatically be the #1 suspects. As it is, they're already on record as saying there isn't any hate and, therefore, have made kind of a preemptive strike for an argument that they have no reason to be suspects themselves. I wonder how many in that area are kinda hoping the W's make bond.

It's possible, but CR1's time of death was very different we now know, than in the prelim autopsies. We don't know really when KR died. We have been told he was shot once, in the right eye, so they had to get up close, and personal, in that camper.

His is the only dog that made a fuss, too, that we're aware of, that next day. DS said he knew he was home, because the padlock was unlocked. Most all articles, later stated, that there were no signs of forced entry too. I think that either keys were lifted and made, or most of the Rs all came and went, like many families, who live close to one another, and they just didn't lock their doors. But it would be nigh on impossible to get inside there without that dog hearing a lock being picked or someone messing with a door.

KR may have woke up, as they entered, or they just hollered at him and said come on in, but being held at gunpoint once they got in, would stop him from going anywhere, especially since there was nowhere he could go.

KR shot one time in right eye.
Pike County massacre: Rhoden family members shot in head at point-blank range, report shows

As for the necklace, my apologies, I let my thoughts run out onto my keyboard. Strictly internet rumor.

Ok, so what if the timeline was CRSR 1st with someone staying behind, Jake picked up Sophia, and brought her home. The other Rhodens were killed after by the ones left with CRSR's body, with Kenneth being taken care of by Jake so he wouldn't have to go all the way back to the properties.

BBM
I would love to know if anyone saw him with S prior to the night of 4/21/2016. His story changed. He first said he was at the home of DR, at 10:30 that night, picking S up a day early, later he said he was supposed to drop her off on that Friday, the 22nd, and the paper had misquoted him.

I get where they were going with purchasing generic shoes, but I bet they left a digital trail for the purchases they made that's pages long. Just at 1 Wal-Mart trip alone...Wal-Mart security cameras, security footage to indicate what's purchased, security footage capable of clarity that LE could use to identify suspects, highly detailed scanner software at any big box store to assist with inventory - even if security footage wasn't clear enough, purchases are time and date stamped with internal records, any one of cell phone data/credit card data/video could put suspects at the location at the exact time of purchases. No, I just don't think they are nearly as smart as they think they are.

Agree! If I were going to commit a crime, the LAST place I'd go is WALMART for even the tiniest of supplies. If there is a Hell, they should have to spend it in an eternal Walmart, in line, with one register open, in a never ending line.

I've been thinking back on the timeline of events. I've always thought the purchase of DR's new home somehow triggered the events a month later. If HR moving into that home took away the W's reasons they wanted to use for JW to get custody, that would have really pissed them off.... The Ws may have decided there was only one way to do it now and put their plan in motion...
Recalling there was a lot of talk of jealousy of CR/DR. They had moved up but some were jealous thinking they themselves deserved more than what they received. Now we know the Waggies literally had zero, plus no work, etc.

BBM
I would love to know if anyone saw him with S prior to the night of 4/21/2016. His story changed. He first said he was at the home of DR, at 10:30 that night, picking S up a day early, later he said he was supposed to drop her off on that Friday, the 22nd, and the paper had misquoted him.
Yes! And AW emailed CG requesting the article be changed and corrected to reflect that JW had gotten S the week prior on 4/15. That has always stuck out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonderPony