MD MD - Frederick, WhtFem 17-45, UP7477, in steamer trunk in state park, Spondylolysis, Aug'82

Her height, weight and age is within the range but she did suffer from depression and did mention possibility of suicide, so there is perhaps a higher possibility that she would have committed suicide.

Yes FireOwl9 you have a point..prob not her..it's going to be 38 years now March 4th and no sign of Valerie whether she committed suicide or not still no sign .. it's sad.

I was just discussing with my husband that, I'm thinking with the amount of damage to her skelatal system, it seems to me that she would have to be older then "late teens -20 yrs. old. That much damage would have to be an older person, in my opinion.

I've been looking predominantly in the NH/MA/VT area cold cases, but in trying to find potential matches for 1977 missing 28-year-old Eddy Segall from NH (in whose thread I've already mentioned this), I came across our UID here. From what I've surmised there's not a lot to go on data-wise for Eddy...though I'm not very good at surmising so I could be totally wrong...but all the same, there were enough similarities generally to make me raise my eyebrow in curiosity.

NCMEC released two renderings this morning. She's also back in their database. Age range listed as 17-27; EDD is spring 1982.

I'm hoping the new images means they were able to locate her remains, since most of the skeletal decedents have CT scans done of their skulls. This could also mean DNA could finally be obtained. I've seen NCMEC, on occassion, use only photographs of the skull, however, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Have you seen this child?

Attachments

• 87059673_3197207410307144_4223142124117295104_o.jpg
    87059673_3197207410307144_4223142124117295104_o.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 431UFMD9_LARGE.jpg
    431UFMD9_LARGE.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 36
NCMEC released two renderings this morning. She's also back in their database. Age range listed as 17-27; EDD is spring 1982.

I'm hoping the new images means they were able to locate her remains, since most of the skeletal decedents have CT scans done of their skulls. This could also mean DNA could finally be obtained. I've seen NCMEC, on occassion, use only photographs of the skull, however, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Have you seen this child?
Thanks for the link!
''Skeletal remains of an unidentified female were found in Frederick, Maryland on August 24, 1982. The female's body was found inside a trunk, also known as a footlocker, a few feet off a gravel road in Gambrills State Park in the Catochin Mountains. She had been deceased for several months placing death in early Spring, 1982. The female is believed to be Caucasian, in her late teens or twenties. She stood 5'3"-5'05" tall and had shoulder length, slightly wavy dark brown hair. A Forensic Anthropologist observed skeletal features in the lower back and feet that may have been related to a previous injury or injuries. The female also had extensive dental work completed that consisted of several fillings, root canals, and crowns. No clothing or jewelry was found with the female. The images displayed are a facial reconstruction created by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depict what the female may have looked like in life.''

MReidenbach.jpg
MReidenbach2.jpg
MReidenbach1.jpg

Left: Reidenbach, circa 1981; Right: Age-progression at age 46 (circa 2010)

Michele Reidenbach
Missing since September 22, 1981 from Evans City, Butler County, Pennsylvania
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: December 29, 1964
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 110 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
    • Clothing: Last seen wearing blue jeans; a wine-colored, v-necked sweater and a gold necklace with a "knot" pendant.
    • Dentals: Available
    • DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Reidenbach was last seen at her after-school job in Evans City, Pennsylvania on September 22, 1981. She had an after-school job addressing envelopes and writing advertisements for the owners of Mel Den, an appliance store at 240 S. Main St. in Zelienople. She left her job at 4 to walk to a pharmacy located a half-block away, to buy some cold medicine. She then intended to return to the store. The clerk told police that Reidenbach bought cold medicine and left the store. Michele was last seen at a supermarket parking lot on South Main Street in Zelienople. It was the last confirmed sighting of the girl.

She was a senior at Seneca Valley High School at the time of her disappearance.
She wasn't having troubles at home and was very attached to her family. She was devoted to an older sister who was paralyzed and in the hospital. Police found Reidenbach's purse and school books at Mel Den. She was a chain smoker who was never without her cigarettes. She had more than $100 tucked in a drawer at home, money saved for a class ring, that she would probably have taken if she had run away. She had her senior photos taken that afternoon.
The Doe Network: Case File 305DFPA

Has Judith Ann Chartler missing since 6/5/82 from MA been ruled out?
Judith Ann Chartier – The Charley Project

Or Anne Lillian Riggin?
Anne Lillian Riggin – The Charley Project

Or this one who has spine condition, Barbara L Cotton?? Missing in 1981.
Barbara Louise Cotton – The Charley Project

I selected first 2 because I saw somewhere it said possible death as spring 1982. But then the old link said something about possible death being 3+ years ago. So the 3rd one is closer date wise. And it says her teeth were in great condition at time she went missing (if she had extensive dental work, then they might be in great condition as they were taken care of????). But 3rd one went missing from North dakota.

Last edited:
(disclaimer: users Doggybag2355 and Knowsnothing007 of the Unidentified Wiki were the ones to find and point out the resemblance and possible match to CiTT to the recent NCMEC reconstruction respectively in the comments section of CiTT's article)
Is Diane Dye is the possible identity of CiTT? She disappeared on July 30, 1979, although there is a possibility she was seen at a grocery store in 2016.

latest
latest

Diane Dye on the left, CiTT on the right. (for comparison purposes)

She bares a resemblance to CiTT, only issues is the timeline. She would've been 15-16 which is below the age estimate of 17-27 for CiTT. And the height and weight differences. Diane was 5'2" and weighed 110 pounds while CiTT was 5'3" - 5'5" and weight 100-130 pounds but I think it could be attributed to her growing up within the three year timespan between her disappearance and the discovery of the body. And the aforementioned possible sighting in 2016.

The second possible match is Deborah "Debbie" McCall who disappeared on November 5, 1979
latest
latest

CiTT on the left side, Debbie McCall on the right side (for comparison purposes)

Debbie would have of been 18-19 years old if she was indeed CiTT. Debbie was 5'2" and weighed 105 pounds while CiTT was between 5'3" - 5'5" and weighed 100-130 pounds. Only issue is, that in January 2020 authorities announced that they believe she may have been a victim of suspected serial killer Bruce Lindahl.

So what do you guys think about this?

(note; from what I know of, they were submitted to the Doe Network by SergeIvanov13)
(note2; I am that anyone can modify the content within the wiki and all information cannot be guaranteed to be reliable but thought I would bring it up anyway to spread awareness of the resemblances to CiTT)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back