AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on the verbosity of the logs available, which can vary by model and how it is set up, a home router could theoretically show the MAC address /Name of devices that tried to connect to it, not just ones that were successful at connecting.
I thought the main companies like Apple, Android and Linux, have been scrambling MAC addresses for years now to thwart hackers and stalkers? When someone tries to send a packet to a port on your computer, you can see the IP address and discover the ISP, but not the device MAC address, which should be randomized?

I'm looking at someone from that plant doing this. Their little community would know by now if it was someone there! Duh.
You would think so, wouldn't you? However, if the Perp is truly a psychopath, he might be quite skilled at not revealing his true psychological makeup, feigning distress and trauma to mimic the rest of the community.

The term psychopath is tossed around loosely, whereas the percentage of the population who are truly psychopathic is only around 1%; but in the U.S. that's over a million unredeemable people running around. "The best current estimate is that just less than 1% of all noninstitutionalized males age 18 and over are psychopaths.1 This translates to approximately 1,150,000 adult males who would meet the criteria for psychopathy in the United States today."

Source: (And a good read) - THE CRIMINAL PSYCHOPATH: HISTORY, NEUROSCIENCE, TREATMENT, AND ECONOMICS

Amateur opinion and speculation

No. If the suspect ran out of his two bullets and he wanted to murder Jayme before running away, he would have strangled her or used a knife.
In My Opinion I agree with this. I would think that running out of bullets could give Jayme the idea that it was easier to fight or run if she realized the bullets were gone. I would think in this situation also it would mean the abduction was not planned so taking her creates alot of problems for the perp. Also if taking Jayme was not the idea than what was? There was nothing stolen, would someone break in just to kill 3 people and leave?

You would think so, wouldn't you? However, if the Perp is truly a psychopath, he might be quite skilled at not revealing his true psychological makeup, feigning distress and trauma like the rest of the community.

Hiding in plain sight, with a little more spring in his step? Thing about small towns is they are accepting of those with quirks, the oddballs or as I grew up hearing “he/she isn’t right in the head”. There’s also a tendency for stoicism, quiet types (the hardest to figure out). That same tendency runs deep in speaking to “outsiders”, telling “your business” to the world. Like I previously posted, they just might be too close to the dysfunction to see it. That might even apply to LE as they deal with the same dysfunction from the same people over and over again. Normal becomes relative.

In My Opinion I agree with this. I would think that running out of bullets could give Jayme the idea that it was easier to fight or run if she realized the bullets were gone. I would think in this situation also it would mean the abduction was not planned so taking her creates alot of problems for the perp. Also if taking Jayme was not the idea than what was? There was nothing stolen, would someone break in just to kill 3 people and leave?

BBM and jmo but I think it's possible the original plan, whatever it was, was disrupted by the 911 call.

How solid is LE about the black vehicle? Would an Equinox look similar?
ETA: also would LE run the vehicles owned by registered sex offenders against vehicles of interest?

Last edited:
Kelly Smith‏Verified account @kellystrib

“All I do is think about them all day long — every minute of every day.” A month after Jayme Closs vanished from her Wisconsin house, the feeling in her hometown is 'very dark' http://strib.mn/2zhsUnI via @StribGuy @mlstrib Photo: @david_joles

DsdaLqQXQAEpaEK.jpg

Kelly Smith on Twitter

Otto, the Sheriff has said that the perp(s) were only in the house for a very short time. I believe the neighbour misread the time of the shots, it was likely 12:58 not 12:38, making the actual tome 12:51 when you adjust for the 7 minute clock discrepancy. This would make the first shots two minutes before the 911 call.

You might ask why would we doubt the neighbours testimony? Well the Sheriff has stated that this crime happened quickly, that it all went down in a couple of minutes. How would he know this? What type of timekeeping could he have that would allow him to discount the neighbour's testimony? The only possible answer would be that Denise's injuries were used to estimate the maximum amount of time between the second gunshot and the 911 call. Her injuries were obviously very serious, and the coroner would be able to give a pretty close estimation as to the maximum amount of time she could have maintained consciousness. In my opinion this estimate was a short amount of time, less than five minutes. So with that information LE can deduce that if the shots were fired at 12:31, there is no possible way that Denise could have called 911 at 12:53. The neighbour has to be mistaken.
This theory only works if Denise is the one who made the phone call.

I know everyone has paid alot of attention to the video/photo of the front door. Is it possible that Denise was killed first then James was shot as he was opening the front door to leave/ Run? Is it possible the perp entered from another part of the house or was allready in the house... shot Denise in the bathroom then as James ran for the front door fired and shot James and the front door or James had allready opend the front door when he was shot? This would justify the 2nd gunshot the neighbors heard being louder. ( first one inside the closed up house, second shot with the front door open) Just my opinion

The Dodge Challenger is no longer on the suspect list after the video was examined and it might not have been a Challenger after all.

Denise’s casket was closed.

Jayme’s phone was found at the scene and has been examined, no evidence of Jayme contacting a boyfriend. No “digital footprint “ that would give them a lead.
I'm still curious if Jayme had a second phone or tablet that her parents may not have known about?

I'm still curious if Jayme had a second phone or tablet that her parents may not have known about?
It is possible but I but from all accounts I've read, I doubt it. I am not ruling out that Jayme was the target but I am pretty strong on the side of she had nothing to do with it. I just think that LE would be all over it and as they have stated, they have no reason to believe

Ok, so do you all read this as.....this car, whatever it is, is STILL a car of interest, it just might not be a Dodge Challenger?

And please forgive me if this has been already discussed. You guys know how hard it is to keep up with every post!
I thought it was interesting that it was worded (and I'm loosely paraphrasing this)... that a suspect car had been scratched. I read that as initially they thought perhaps a suspect was driving that car, when previously, they had only said the car / driver was only of interest. Now it seems they thought someone connected to it was a suspect... and have now decided they don't know what kind of car it was at all. :(

I sincerely hope Jayme is not being read things like this by the perp(s) - can't imagine how very hopeless I"d feel if I were in her shoes.

I thought the main companies like Apple, Android and Linux, have been scrambling MAC addresses for years now to thwart hackers and stalkers? When someone tries to send a packet to a port on your computer, you can see the IP address and discover the ISP, but not the device MAC address, which should be randomized?
MAC addresses are easily spoofed. Look up "How to change a MAC address."

IP addresses are hidden when a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is used. Add in a non logging server in another country and it becomes very hard to ID the source..

I know everyone has paid alot of attention to the video/photo of the front door. Is it possible that Denise was killed first then James was shot as he was opening the front door to leave/ Run? Is it possible the perp entered from another part of the house or was allready in the house... shot Denise in the bathroom then as James ran for the front door fired and shot James and the front door or James had allready opend the front door when he was shot? This would justify the 2nd gunshot the neighbors heard being louder. ( first one inside the closed up house, second shot with the front door open) Just my opinion

I considered the Jim shot trying to leave - but then how do we explain he was found INSIDE the residence? Unless the police saw evidence that the body had been dragged back inside - blood drag marks? Some other sort of drag marks? Then it would seem that Jim was found where he was shot, which was inside the front entry. When considering the louder gun shot, I questioned whether maybe the windows could have been open, rending some sound louder than others? Or the garage maybe?

Hiding in plain sight, with a little more spring in his step? Thing about small towns is they are accepting of those with quirks, the oddballs or as I grew up hearing “he/she isn’t right in the head”. There’s also a tendency for stoicism, quiet types (the hardest to figure out). That same tendency runs deep in speaking to “outsiders”, telling “your business” to the world. Like I previously posted, they just might be too close to the dysfunction to see it. That might even apply to LE as they deal with the same dysfunction from the same people over and over again. Normal becomes relative.
Agree! I've had a hypothetical situation of it being a local person in my head for some time now that could easily be overlooked as you describe. I'm missing one piece and it's driving me crazy!

That was unclear to me as well. Remember when LE said they weren’t interested in other similar-looking cars? They were focused on a Dodge Challenger. That led me to believe they had positively identified the vehicle as a Challenger.

What was the vehicle that was pulled from a pond, that could have possibly had a similar appearance to a Challenger?
It was a red 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo. Both are 'muscle cars' and they look similar but not the same as a Dodge Challenger. The cars are only 2/10 of an inch difference in length though (consider the security camera side view of cars passing on a street). The Monte Carlo had been reported stolen and was rigged to drive itself into the river.

After water search, Oshkosh police think someone deliberately sent car into Fox River

I considered the Jim shot trying to leave - but then how do we explain he was found INSIDE the residence? Unless the police saw evidence that the body had been dragged back inside - blood drag marks? Some other sort of drag marks? Then it would seem that Jim was found where he was shot, which was inside the front entry. When considering the louder gun shot, I questioned whether maybe the windows could have been open, rending some sound louder than others? Or the garage maybe?

Ok, I came up with a way to explain that Jim could have been shot while trying to exit the house through the front door... its not the simplest explanation though:
-> Two (or more?) perps?
-> One goes in the back one waits out front for anyone trying to escape and pops them off as they try to get out that door? I bet police know that based on the trajectory of bullets, and if anything else was hit (eg: if the bullets went and killed dad through the door)
-> Mom is down, dad is down, Jayme runs towards an exit, someone scoops and runs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288