Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things keep bubbling up on me since yesterday, and right now I’m really pissed that he took them all out of the house in their underwear! Couldn’t he at least have put pants or a skirt on each of them?

It's disgusting - another sign of his lack of respect. In my mind, it's possible Shanann was not sleeping or undressing when he attacked. He may have taken her pants off after she was dead.

JMO

True, and during that infatuation period it is very easy to miss the red flags. Even when they are there you don't see them. She is probably looking back and realizing them now. Imo

I have mixed feelings about NK, so let me use logic.

DA was not quite happy with her level of cooperation, and it tells me a lot. NK is not the person who was played. JMO. She is smart, she has good protection, but specifically this exonerates her in my eyes.

CW and NK were not in the crime together. This is what matters.

NK did not kill these kids. She is not an accomplice to murder. For us, she is a totally side person, even if CW wanted to start a new life with her. NK is not a "mistress", just some other woman, and we should let her restore her life.

NK might have not wanted CW as a poor and burdened with endless child supports husband. This would be expected. But the shortcut solution CW took is shocking and disgusting. And the main reason I don't believe NK is in any way implicated - nothing in the story tells us she was a stupid person, and it takes an extra level of stupidity not to foresee the consequences of his actions. Especially the place he chose for the burials. It directly hurt her.

So - her behavior is not a crime. People at work were not happy with NK - it is all over the Inet, so it is not a secret, but we don't know these people either. We should not pay attention to their internal squabbles.

For us it should be important that NK is not implicated in horrible murders. She made a human mistake by hooking up with a monster who came across as a nice, handsome guy. It happens. No one saw that he was a monster.

Nothing that she did is exculpatory for CW.

Let her go on with her life. She'll manage, I am sure, financially and job-wise. Emotional part of it will remain hers. I think she'll manage as well.

Some snippets of new info in this video.

Rourke talking about Chris Watts:

"His statement to investigators was, they were very clearly and obviously dead, so I decided to dispose of their bodies.

He didn't call 911. He didn't try CPR. You [Watts] didn't even check on 'em, to see if they were breathing".

Mr Rourke also refers to something that there has been a lot of speculation and debate about here - he says WTTEO that the natural instinctive reaction to someone attempting to strangle you is to try to grab/scratch/bite - do anything to stop it. He says the lack of any evidence that this occurred led investigators to speculate that Shannan had been asleep when the assault started.
I would love to see the interrogation tapes. I bet CW came across as creepy as heck when he made his false "confession" - talking about the splashes, no CPR...gives me the shivers. LE must have been repulsed, and they had not even seen the bodies yet. IMO

Last edited:
Why bother? Probably what he was thinking. Clothing may have clogged up the tanks. Who knows. Maybe he was just too lazy.
He didn’t care, but I know Shanann would have been mortified. As for CW’s apology yesterday, it would have been much more meaningful if he said I apologize for accusing my wife, a Shanann, for having anything to do with my crimes. She is innocent and had nothing to do with it. And I’m sorry for all the added scrutiny and pain I caused her family.

I don't know. It was Shanann's c6 where they noticed the hardware, right? I had my c6 and c7 fused with hardware in 2004 and I still have a very prominent scar on the back of my neck. And there's no other way to get the metal in there but an operation.
What I meant was we all have scars but how do you tell that they are from an operation and not a wound from say being stabbed. He made that observation before opening her up and finding the metal. I think an example of evidence of operations would be sutures.

Apparently, C & R Watts met with the DA over the weekend in the capacity as victims of the crime, and as victims they were shown the same evidence that the Rzucek’s were shown. When shown the evidence they made a turn around, and came to the conclusion that there was no denying CW’s guilt. Less than 48 hours later they forgave him. I think that’s way too soon. Don’t you?

I do. While I’m beyond relieved that they didn’t attempt to disparage Shan’ann in their statements, I would have loved to have heard ANYTHING that indicated they had suffered a loss beyond the loss of their son. Had they no words at all for the loss of their precious grandchildren other than that Bella reminded her so much of Chris as a child? It’s like they weren’t even recognized as separate human beings with their own identities, much less as cherished grandchildren. I may be out of bounds here, but I just can’t understand. The impression it leaves is that the only people affected here are them, and Chris. It’s unimaginable to me. JMO

I think that 20% difference may be:
- because the study did not ask about the sexual preference of the participants; a predominantly straight man having one gay affair may account for two men,
- also, because women either don't want to tell the truth, or have rationalized to themselves that they were not cheating "that time" and blocked it
- or the situation when a woman has ten affair, and each of the men she had affair with, only one, her. It is quite possible, and skews the statistics.

But in NK's situation, she is the adulterer only if she was married during the affair. If she was single, she is not. CW, being married, definitely was.
I think those statistics also are for married people. IMO there are sadly many single women who have affairs with married men...so that can also make up the difference.

What I meant was we all have scars but how do you tell that they are from an operation and not a wound from say being stabbed. He made that observation before opening her up and finding the metal. I think an example of evidence of operations would be sutures.
Surgery scars are very different in appearance to scars from an accident. I’m sure any medical professional would be able to distinguish, also long since healed op sites don’t have sutures still MOO

I do. While I’m beyond relieved that they didn’t attempt to disparage Shan’ann in their statements, I would have loved to have heard ANYTHING that indicated they had suffered a loss beyond the loss of their son. Had they no words at all for the loss of their precious grandchildren other than that Bella reminded her so much of Chris as a child? It’s like they weren’t even recognized as separate human beings with their own identities, much less as cherished grandchildren. I may be out of bounds here, but I just can’t understand. The impression it leaves is that the only people affected here are them, and Chris. It’s unimaginable to me. JMO
Pure selfishness.We saw from their interview that Cindys biggest issues were what she felt and wanted.

To smother your 2 children, CW is one sick individual. Everything he did was stupid. Too stupid. Unenrolling them from school before anyone even knew they were missing? Stupid. Texting a co-worker the night before to say he would be going to the oilfield where he planned to dump them? Stupid. Almost too stupid. He left a trail for the police to follow by doing no more than making a couple of phone calls. There has to be something more than wanting to start a new life without being encumbered by the old. Something was off in his thought process and planning. I’ve always thought steroids were a possibility, but now, we’ll never know. I’m not sure if a steroid defense would be of any help, anyway, but it might explain. He looked to me like a broken man, yesterday.
I’ve thought he was an idiot from day one. Still can’t figure out wth he was thinking. It’s mind boggling.

With that said though, how did he manage to play NK? I mean he must have played her along somewhat well, to the point he wasn’t a complete idiot?

I didn’t sleep last night either. Kept thinking about the details over and over. And then...I got angry thinking about Chris Watts mother’s statement. She said something about “what happened”...and never said “what YOU did”. She still hasn’t accepted he DID this or is making him accountable. No wonder he is who he is...he’s never been accountable to anyone for anything.

Agree, I find it interesting that she refers to him as Christopher and he clearly wanted to be called Chris. Even his dad called him Chris.

Shanann was smart, technologically-savvy and suspicious. I bet she knew who his AP was. I bet she confronted him with it during their 'emotional conversation'

i also think he only mentioned that conversation to the reporter interviewing him because he knew NK would see the broadcast and it would give him a chance to say 'well i mean i told her it was OVER, that was the emotional conversation i was talking about'.... he was still thinking he was outsmarting everyone including his new flame....

he deserves to rot in prison...and hell.

I’ve thought he was an idiot from day one. Still can’t figure out wth he was thinking. It’s mind boggling.

With that said though, how did he manage to play NK? I mean he must have played her along somewhat well, to the point he wasn’t a complete idiot?
Deception and manipulation was likely the one thing he had the most experience in. He probably used techniques that had worked for him before. Jmo

Maybe it was in regard to internal scarring or adhesions that occur with more invasive surgery? What kind of surgery did she have?

So I'm not the only one who didn't sleep well last night after yesterday. This mess is on my mind when I wake up in the morning and throughout the day.

Despite everything we've discussed in here, the literature and resources, facts about family annihilators, other similar cases in history....
I just cannot figure out how a person goes through normal activities of daily living with CHILDREN, without loving them. I didn't watch many of SW's videos but the few I did see, like CW singing Hot Diggity Dog to CeCe (?)... oh my word.

How can one behave human but is actually an empty shell inside?

I don't expect answers to this. I know there aren't any.
I've been thinking about the same thing today. I started writing a post and just erased because I was afraid it sounded like I had sympathy for CW which I absolutely do not! However, Mrs. Rcuzeck's and his father statements yesterday did bring out some emotion in him. He looked broken. He has been compared to SP a lot and while they do have many things in common I feel like there may be something deeper going on here. Probably due to his and his mothers relationship. His tears and shaking may not have been much and may very well have been all for him self but I think he is a very disturbed person who has never known who he truly is or had any boundaries. I believe a combination of his upbringing coupled with his nature was a disaster. All moo and really just rambling because it frustrates me to not be able to make sense of such awful things.

The report says that one of the children had a peanut allergy. That cannot be discovered by an autopsy.

Does the ME look at medical records? He must as he had the peanut allergy for the child

SW had the neck operation and now we see she had metal inserted. We know she talked about the neck. But what was the back all about?

Surgery scars are very different in appearance to scars from an accident. I’m sure any medical professional would be able to distinguish, also long since healed op sites don’t have sutures still MOO
I didn't refer to healed op sites, I was using sutures as an example of how he would have been able to identify any op sites, IF they were still present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member