GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

JimmyPerez

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
Crazy scary incident in St. Louis yesterday that I don't see getting much press with the other horrific shootings yesterday.

Fox 2 link: First on the scene and seem to be updating most frequently.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch link: Doing more digging than other sources.

KSDK link: Generally non-sensationalist coverage

Both the Fox2 and KSDK links will auto-play video (pet peeve).

Quick summary: Man, unknown to anyone in the Catholic Supply store (not owned by the Archdiocese - private company, but STL is a very Catholic town), walks in store in the middle of the afternoon, demands all females in the store strip, sexually assaults at least one of them, shoots one victim in the head who later dies at the hospital. Police not releasing a lot of details.

Suspect (white male, 40-50, 5'7" heavy build) is still on the loose.

Updated suspect description: White male, 5’7” to 5’9”, 40 to 50 YO. Was wearing navy blue Carhartt style work jacket, a plaid red, white, & black shirt, glasses, brown belt w/ a red & blue square on the buckle, & paperboy style hat. See examples. Call 636-529-8210 w/ info.
St. Louis County PD (@stlcountypd) on Twitter

Attachments

• F3758460-3178-4D15-A1F5-1419E538A3A1.jpeg
    F3758460-3178-4D15-A1F5-1419E538A3A1.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 30
  • E02C819C-1793-4BF1-A1AE-1C8FCC51E507.jpeg
    E02C819C-1793-4BF1-A1AE-1C8FCC51E507.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 26
Updated suspect description: White male, 5’7” to 5’9”, 40 to 50 YO. Was wearing navy blue Carhartt style work jacket, a plaid red, white, & black shirt, glasses, brown belt w/ a red & blue square on the buckle, & paperboy style hat. See examples. Call 636-529-8210 w/ info.
St. Louis County PD (@stlcountypd) on Twitter
This description of suspect is very similar to the Delphi, Indiana suspect in the murder of Abby Williams and Libby German. New Details About The Murder Of Two Teen Girls In Delphi, Indiana — And The Evidence That Police Now Believe Will Help Them Solve It

When I saw this news on TV, with the description of the suspect, I literally choked on my food and started hyperventilating because YES the description does fit Bridge Guy!! The age range, the HAT, the jeans, that JACKET, the build, the brazen broad daylight attack, multiple victims!! I pray the survivors got a good look and are working with a LE sketch artist right now . Also with it being a large city, in a business area, I would think there's multiple security cameras around. Add in the daylight and there's fairly good odds they have footage of him on some of them?? I'm sure they've been combing through them and still are. Whether it's BG or not, this monster needs caught asap!!! I also found a very interesting article , an interview with a former police chief there and he basically gave a very unique profiling type dialogue. It was very interesting the way he worded things. I'll go find the link and post below

Why haven’t I read about this elsewhere. Strange we haven’t seen more articles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox2no...er-with-catholic-supply-shooting-suspect/amp/

This woman encountered someone like him at a nearby Walmart, also on Manchester Rd. Her description of him is the same. He came up behind her in an empty aisle at the back of the store and began complimenting her hair. He left when another shopper came down the aisle. He sounded pretty persistent, got up very close to her.

Her encounter happened Oct. 29, IIRC. Time to get out those Walmart security tapes and take a look. Sounds like he lives somewhere nearby and likes Manchester Rd. as his stalking grounds. Manchester is a very busy road with many retail stores, shopping centers, etc. Catholic Supply, where he shot his latest victim, is just around the corner from that Walmart

Google Maps

That area is at a very busy intersection. There should be a lot of security and road cam footage around there. Hopefully they can identify his car.

There are some large apartment complexes across the road, they should check those out.

This woman encountered someone like him at a nearby Walmart, also on Manchester Rd. Her description of him is the same. He came up behind her in an empty aisle at the back of the store and began complimenting her hair. He left when another shopper came down the aisle. He sounded pretty persistent, got up very close to her.

Her encounter happened Oct. 29, IIRC. Time to get out those Walmart security tapes and take a look. Sounds like he lives somewhere nearby and likes Manchester Rd. as his stalking grounds. Manchester is a very busy road with many retail stores, shopping centers, etc. Catholic Supply, where he shot his latest victim, is just around the corner from that Walmart

Google Maps

That area is at a very busy intersection. There should be a lot of security and road cam footage around there. Hopefully they can identify his car.

There are some large apartment complexes across the road, they should check those out.
I once lived in that area (literally right across the street) and the plaza where this occurred is right next to a HotShotz Bar, it is wide open and well traveled. To say this was casual is understated. There is also a park across the street that has a history of having some unsavory characters that hang about. The area itself is mostly middle to upper-middle class.

This article says police have visited all the businesses in the area and haven't found any usable video yet.

Police offer new details to help catch Catholic Supply shooter
Unfortunately, police have checked businesses up and down Manchester Road looking for surveillance video that caught the suspect on camera but have yet to find any that is worthwhile. Chief Lewis recommended business install security camera systems if they can afford it.

“That makes our job much easier to hold those people accountable for whatever crime they might have committed,” Granda said.

Witnesses’ memories to the horrifying crime seem to have improved since it happened, helping detectives with a more specific description of the killer who is still on the run.

I’d be shocked if there was no usable video. There are so many businesses on Manchester. It just seems unlikely that they have nothing. Maybe they are not sure what they are looking for?

Many members of my family live very close by and it’s notable that while this location is very busy and full of strip malls and businesses, it is less than 10 minutes from some of the most expensive neighborhoods in suburban St Louis.

Friends and family have had nearby daycare on lockdown. They are very freaked out.

I’m going to be there this weekend. I’ll be interested to get more of the local thoughts.

Jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back