NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

Thanks Fairy1.....that will be 1 am for me. Hope I can get it. Lato

Well, that was so depressing. This poor family seems to have no idea at all what happened, but it's stunning to hear the detective has no more idea than in the first few hours he went missing. I find it really hard to believe. Also, maybe the link posted above was an edited version of the program, but it didn't give anyone anything to go on -no urging of people to think back to this date, to these areas, to anyone who knew him to search their memories for anything he may have mentioned, etc. No sense of urgency at all, really.

And, the elephant in the video: no one gave any idea that he was likely the victim of a crime! It's hard to believe they think, at this point, that he could have voluntarily disappeared: We've heard time and again that, in this day and age, that would be incredibly difficult to do, especially for 10 years. Maybe they think suicide? As his brother says, "why the Christmas presents? Why the purposeful walking away from the car?" And, as we've all written about over and over here, he WAS, ACTUALLY, not only acquainted with, but OWED MONEY TO, a criminal (who isn't in prison due only to a technicality".

Arggh.....

Well, that was so depressing. This poor family seems to have no idea at all what happened, but it's stunning to hear the detective has no more idea than in the first few hours he went missing. I find it really hard to believe. Also, maybe the link posted above was an edited version of the program, but it didn't give anyone anything to go on -no urging of people to think back to this date, to these areas, to anyone who knew him to search their memories for anything he may have mentioned, etc. No sense of urgency at all, really.

And, the elephant in the video: no one gave any idea that he was likely the victim of a crime! It's hard to believe they think, at this point, that he could have voluntarily disappeared: We've heard time and again that, in this day and age, that would be incredibly difficult to do, especially for 10 years. Maybe they think suicide? As his brother says, "why the Christmas presents? Why the purposeful walking away from the car?" And, as we've all written about over and over here, he WAS, ACTUALLY, not only acquainted with, but OWED MONEY TO, a criminal (who isn't in prison due only to a technicality".

Arggh.....

I agree. Why isn't the one that he owed money to interviewed again?

I wasn't able to read all the threads on this case, but I was wondering if anything ever came of his cell phone pings since it seemed they linked to specific locations. Especially the location where someone checked his voicemail and the phone sat there for 2 days. Seems pretty solid being they could question the residents in those locations.

I saw this case originally on disappeared 7 or 8 years ago and it stuck with me. I have listened to many podcasts on this case and browsed several threads. Like any missing persons case there's a lot of bits and pieces we know but never a full picture. This is understandable because people are complex and sometimes do things for a number of reasons or no reason at all. I really think the theory that best connects the dots is suicide.

1. There's never been any evidence SK was involved with drugs either as a user or courier/dealer. No phone number unaccounted for, no email, the dogs would have hit on his car.

2. The location of his car never seemed that important to me. Why does it matter where you leave it if committing suicide? Is There a correct parking spot for people to commit suicide? His car had gas, no mechanical issues and if he were meeting someone for a job interview wouldn't there be map quest directions or other directions in the car being 2009? Wouldn't there be a text, email, phone call, voice-mail for this interview? But there is nothing.

3. His strange driving behavior and going back and forth buying Christmas gifts indicate to me a clear mental breakdown.

4. I think the manilla folder had a suicide note. He could have walked into the mountainous areas in any number of areas outside Henderson or las vegas. There are remote and rugged areas and sadly I believe he could have slit his wrist, or overbose do on pills or hung or shot himself and just happened to not be found.

I tend to agree with you. I don't think he did anything direct though, just went out to somewhere peaceful where he felt a spiritual connection and just waited for the end.

I saw this case originally on disappeared 7 or 8 years ago and it stuck with me. I have listened to many podcasts on this case and browsed several threads. Like any missing persons case there's a lot of bits and pieces we know but never a full picture. This is understandable because people are complex and sometimes do things for a number of reasons or no reason at all. I really think the theory that best connects the dots is suicide.

1. There's never been any evidence SK was involved with drugs either as a user or courier/dealer. No phone number unaccounted for, no email, the dogs would have hit on his car.

2. The location of his car never seemed that important to me. Why does it matter where you leave it if committing suicide? Is There a correct parking spot for people to commit suicide? His car had gas, no mechanical issues and if he were meeting someone for a job interview wouldn't there be map quest directions or other directions in the car being 2009? Wouldn't there be a text, email, phone call, voice-mail for this interview? But there is nothing.

3. His strange driving behavior and going back and forth buying Christmas gifts indicate to me a clear mental breakdown.

4. I think the manilla folder had a suicide note. He could have walked into the mountainous areas in any number of areas outside Henderson or las vegas. There are remote and rugged areas and sadly I believe he could have slit his wrist, or overbose do on pills or hung or shot himself and just happened to not be found.

Except that Steven didn't walk toward the mountains. He walked toward the city. And if suicide was his plan, there are waaaaaaaaaaaay more and beautiful locations right near his home in St. George where he would never be found.

Wow, I can't believe it's been 10 years. I still think of this case a lot, hopeful there will be a major breakthrough eventually.

For the most part, my thoughts remain the same on his fate; he found himself behind on rent and bills, he was offered (or forced) a job that was not entirely legit and subsequently something went horribly wrong...be it robbed for money, goods etc.

I'll admit, it's probably a complex series of events. He could have been working directly for the LL, an acquaintance of his or maybe someone totally different. The deeper you potentially go in the seedy underbelly of Vegas the more tangled the web can be.

Going back to the idea that perhaps he was delivering fake or questionable prescriptions for narcotics, there's definitely a possibility he could have had a good deal of cash with him or at least some desirable RX drugs.

Maybe he was pushing in an area where a rival dealer already staked his claim. Perhaps a connection he was meeting just decided to take his money and not give up his drugs.

Regardless, I really don't think he had the means to run away from his life nor did he embark on a strange series of events that led him to suicide in an unfamiliar area where he somehow hasn't been found.

I definitely think there was a motive, a purpose for his travel and finding out why will likely shed light on this mystery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back